Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter, Winter/Holidays, Holidays Block Swap!! Sign ups til Oct. 29 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-winter-holidays-holidays-block-swap-sign-ups-til-oct-29-a-t199801.html)

kensington 09-24-2012 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the fives sets I am working on, still needs some triming, and the two sets of applique blocks need the stitching around. I intend to do six sets before I am done, but wanted to say I was in, and show my progress so far. They will all be 9 1/2 by 9 1/2. Not sure about that last set... size or design... I'm still thinking...

And I have a question, it says to lable you blocks with your name, does that mean to write on the blocks, or to lable the baggie we put them in? I'm not fond of writing on blocks. So, I thought I'd ask. Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]365430[/ATTACH]

rwquilts 09-25-2012 04:19 AM

Nice job Kensington! Yes, labels are important, but not permanent labels. I've pm'd you. Welcome!

kensington 09-25-2012 02:06 PM

One more question... I believe the rule is that if you have "add ons" to your blocks, ie: Buttons, bows, bells, etc... you don't sew them them on, you pin them or put them in a baggie?

rwquilts 09-25-2012 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by kensington (Post 5540920)
One more question... I believe the rule is that if you have "add ons" to your blocks, ie: Buttons, bows, bells, etc... you don't sew them them on, you pin them or put them in a baggie?

Yes, that's right. :)

marytoddliz 09-25-2012 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by kensington (Post 5539523)
And I have a question, it says to lable you blocks with your name, does that mean to write on the blocks, or to label the baggie we put them in? I'm not fond of writing on blocks. So, I thought I'd ask. Thanks.

I attach a mailing label to the back of the block. Usually I make special ones for swaps, but had so many address labels I used up a lot of them in the boom swap so I made new labels for this one. The reason I like using address labels is so I can keep track of who made what block for my quilt, I usually leave them on until I am ready to do the layering and quilting. And the good thing about the address labels is they are easy to move around. One quilt I made for my Niece I put a label on the back if there was not one on it I just wrote the name of the Quilter and the location: Example Marybeth Crestline CA, because my niece was more interested in where they came from than who made it, but I wanted to know who made it so I could send thanks, or keep accurate records.

I hope this helps. btw I get my labels at the 99 cent store, I can usually find them in packs of ten pages with 30 on each page for 99 cents.

Rhonda, I did not get my package together in time for mail run but it is ready now so going out tomorrow. I will post the last set picture as soon as I get camera back from hubby! he is taking pictures for Craig's list! LOL, that man is a bargaining addict~ And he loves the free pages on Craig's list!

marytoddliz 09-25-2012 03:52 PM

Ooops forgot to say that I love your blocks! they are very cute!

rwquilts 09-26-2012 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my 2nd complete set for this swap. The blocks are 6 1/2".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]365767[/ATTACH]

Mariposa 09-26-2012 12:03 PM

Sure seeing some cute blocks!!!

kensington 09-26-2012 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my last block to be appliqued. That will make my 6 sets. I'm having a hard time deciding if it looks like an ornament or not... the pattern is. LOL. It has a ribbon tie with it. 6 1/2 X 9 1/2. I need to go pick up some thread for applique.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]365783[/ATTACH]

Fraew 09-26-2012 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5542778)
Here is my 2nd complete set for this swap. The blocks are 6 1/2".

***Cuteness!