Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Wonky Log Cabin~ Fall colors ~ Sign-up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/wonky-log-cabin%7E-fall-colors-%7E-sign-up-closed-t189189.html)

DoriDeS 06-15-2012 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011 (Post 5287631)
Disregard my last question I did a search and found how they are suppose to be done and mine aren't right...LOL so back to the drawing board...
Donna

Oh Lu2sew2011 I love your blocks tooooo hope that I get one of yours!!! way cool!!! in fact I like them better than mine lolol (I liked mine too lolol)

Fraew 06-15-2012 10:18 AM

Lot's of wonderful wonky going ons here!

Swappers...what do you plan to make with these? Clearly, I am grasping for any reason...any at all (except to collect orphan blocks) to join ya. :)

Thanks.

QuilterMomma 06-15-2012 11:18 AM

I am going to make a nice fall quilt. i have also joined the fall fantasy swap so i am going to add those with these to make a real nice lap quilt to snuggle under. i think they will make fantastic adders in with the other. If I get enough of 12" swap blocks, could make a quilt with these and those in 12" squares. Or, can add a couple wonky borders to the 6.5" square blocks and 9.5" square blocks to combine enough and make a nice fall bed quilt. The left overs I am making a wall hanging to put up in the office so as to keep with the seasons there. It promotes well being I think. Now we can always make some nice fall potholders which we need. Sew a few together, then in half with some other nice fabric and make pillow cases for our beds. Place mats would be another nice addition for the season. You can cut out a muslin base for a vest or coat, then sew them onto that, line it and have a nice piece of clothing to wear. you could put them on the bottom of your towels for decoration and use. Is that enough ideas to have you join?

Mariposa 06-15-2012 11:38 AM

QMomma- you are on a roll! :)

Lv2sew2011 06-15-2012 11:46 AM

Gonna make a throw quilt to put on my Love Seat.
Donna

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 5291073)
Lot's of wonderful wonky going ons here!

Swappers...what do you plan to make with these? Clearly, I am grasping for any reason...any at all (except to collect orphan blocks) to join ya. :)

Thanks.

rwquilts 06-15-2012 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5291191)
I am going to make a nice fall quilt. i have also joined the fall fantasy swap so i am going to add those with these to make a real nice lap quilt to snuggle under. i think they will make fantastic adders in with the other. If I get enough of 12" swap blocks, could make a quilt with these and those in 12" squares. Or, can add a couple wonky borders to the 6.5" square blocks and 9.5" square blocks to combine enough and make a nice fall bed quilt. The left overs I am making a wall hanging to put up in the office so as to keep with the seasons there. It promotes well being I think. Now we can always make some nice fall potholders which we need. Sew a few together, then in half with some other nice fabric and make pillow cases for our beds. Place mats would be another nice addition for the season. You can cut out a muslin base for a vest or coat, then sew them onto that, line it and have a nice piece of clothing to wear. you could put them on the bottom of your towels for decoration and use. Is that enough ideas to have you join?

I was gonna say something, but QuilterMomma said it so much better (except for the vest thingie...LOL)! I've been watching this thread also...I'm on the fence and need a bit of a push! :)

QuilterMomma 06-15-2012 01:37 PM

Shove, now you are off the fence and in the swap. I didn't hurt you did i?

rwquilts 06-15-2012 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5291423)
Shove, now you are off the fence and in the swap. I didn't hurt you did i?

LOL! No I'm okay...little bruises hardly worth mentioning. :)

Ms Grace 06-16-2012 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011 (Post 5289612)
Ok here the first set they just came off the press! LOL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342135[/ATTACH]

They are gorgeous!

Ms Grace 06-16-2012 04:29 AM

Quiltermomma,
Quit shoving people off the fence! rwquilts, glad you were forced to join us.

I'm making a throw for the sofa with my blocks.