Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Wonky Log Cabin~ Fall colors ~ Sign-up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/wonky-log-cabin%7E-fall-colors-%7E-sign-up-closed-t189189.html)

Ms Grace 09-21-2012 10:50 AM

I love the kitchen theme idea. I have lots of embroidery & applique designs that would be perfect for this!!:thumbup:
Any others interested??:)

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 5530898)
Ms Grace~I loved this swap and it's so fun to open the package you send back. I sure am game for another one. There are current ones going for winter and Christmas. Has one ever been done with a kitchen theme? Lots of fabric out there with food and kitchen items and tea and coffee and.......just a thought while sitting here. jillnjo

I love machine embroidered blocks, but can't do them myself. Maybe that's why they are extra fun to me.

QuilterMomma 09-21-2012 11:33 AM

Redgarnet just did one of the kitchen themed swap in may/June. Mine is waiting to be assembled. I will need to get it done before it becomes a UFO. I did machine embroidery designs as well for it and some kitchen food fabric blocks. I could do some more without a problem to add to it if you need someone to play along. This way my arm would not be twisted again and take so long to heal because I am getting so old and feeble plus don't want to reinjure it because it takes so long to get duct tape from Loisiana.

Lv2sew2011 09-21-2012 11:51 AM

Wonky Blocks

Hi everyone, I got my awesome blocks today! Thanks for all the great work...

QuilterMomma 09-21-2012 11:53 AM

Tapping my fingers to go home and check the mailbox.

Ms Grace 09-21-2012 11:59 AM

You know I would hunt you down if you didn't play with us....right???:cool:

Do you have any theme suggestions?

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5530981)
Redgarnet just did one of the kitchen themed swap in may/June. Mine is waiting to be assembled. I will need to get it done before it becomes a UFO. I did machine embroidery designs as well for it and some kitchen food fabric blocks. I could do some more without a problem to add to it if you need someone to play along. This way my arm would not be twisted again and take so long to heal because I am getting so old and feeble plus don't want to reinjure it because it takes so long to get duct tape from Loisiana.

QuilterMomma 09-21-2012 12:04 PM

Yes, I do know you would hunt me down and you know my address now so I have no choice but to play with you Ms Grace. I would drag Fraew with me for sure.

I was thinking for one but not sure how it would fly, but a crazy patch block exchange. There is always a flower block swap theme since it will be going into winter time and the dulldroms will come upon us and this way could be made by the spring to enjoy, then there is birds-funky or normal, of course could always do a quilting/sewing/craft themed quilt which I am not sure I have even seen as a swap. There, will that help for some ideas? Wow, you are such a twister girl.

Ms Grace 09-21-2012 12:21 PM

Oh Fraew...where are you?
come out...come out....wherever you are:cool:

QuilterMomma 09-21-2012 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My blocks came to my office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! Yep, laid them out and played blocks :d. I am so full of it today girls, energy that is. On the white areas, going to applique leaves to add a bit of punch to it. Then propbly a a dark brown solid zinger and then a subptle border, maybe. [attach=config]364484[/attach]

Ms Grace 09-21-2012 12:51 PM

the applique is a great idea!!

QuilterMomma 09-21-2012 12:55 PM

And, did you read back, Ms. Grace, listed some ideas for you sweetie. I love you so much I just had to add my mouth in there for you. Just love you as a hostess.

I may have enough leaf appliques, that I could change up the border by adding just a medium toned brown and then the leaves on a vine on the border. I haven't done that before but could be done. Oh Oh Oh Oh, got it, embroidery an acorn wreath on the top and bottom borders with the vines going and leaves, then put four embroidery fall designs in the four corners, then just vines coming from a central large acorn applique. Oh my, mind is going going going and going, yeah, the creativity feels good, ah got my fix for the day. yes, ladies, boredom has overtaken me this beautiful Friday afternoon. Now I pray my body keeps up with my mind this weekend to get my work done so i can play with quilting.