Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 58 of 87 FirstFirst ... 8 48 57 58 59 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2169

Thread: Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Blog Entries
    Well vanogay, told you I needed to clean up some stuff. I still have lots more to work on. Those were just on the surface, didn't even open a drawer. The 30's bag is great for carrying your quilting with you. I just love that bag. I made another one for a class sample so had that one around. Used up bits of my strips to make it. It is in Edyta Star's last scrap book. Dig that, no zippers to put in. Yep that is me. Hope you can use some of the fun stuff. Those vintage blocks have been in my stash for some time also. Have no idea who I inherited them from, nor did I know what to do with them. Maybe you can find a place for them to be.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the club Stitchengramie everyone is welcome! Did I send you the 1 1/2" and 1 1/4" templates in the past? If you are interested in minis those are great to work with for my methods for minis

Rhonda,

I found this really neat tutorial on using scraps to make flowers. Here is the website:

http://mollychicken.blogs.com/my_web..._flower_t.html
    "Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds" George Eliot

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries

scrappy swap

Received my package from foxflower today, she sent a cute little pin cushion and coaster, some fabric squares, strips, 2 FQ's and thread and a book on crochet. Thank you so much foxflower, they will be put to use.Name:  DSCF1412.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  1.24 MB

Stitchingramie......I too would like to exchange scraps to get more variety. Maybe we can get some more people in the group interested in a scrap swap. Squares? Strips? Chunks? Hmmmmm. What do you think group?

Quote Originally Posted by Marich52 View Post
    Stitchingramie......I too would like to exchange scraps to get more variety. Maybe we can get some more people in the group interested in a scrap swap. Squares? Strips? Chunks? Hmmmmm. What do you think group?
    Marocj52,

Anything that can be usable. I think 1' wide x anything up. Maybe some orphan blocks, and so forth

jem

Smile

Would love to see 'sticks n stones' please show it.

jem
    ELAINE

Blog Entries
    I have hoping someone would do a 1.5 strip swap.................hint hint!!!
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Blog Entries
    Looks like some fun swapping going on! Love the pictures!
    Ronda

How big of a stash are you talking about? Maybe we should just send an envelope full with an assortment of squares, strips & chunks?

Quote Originally Posted by Marich52 View Post

Blog Entries
    I just love when someone sends me a scrap block. I don't care how big or small it is, I can add to it. I also love little handmade trinkets that people here make. it's so fun getting goodies in the mail. I just got a new pattern for a small bag, that's for the emb machine, when you'e done and takeout it out of the hoop, it's done. ..just made one for myself and I guess you'll have to wait to see what it is. I have no camera, so when one of you get it, you can post a pic. happy quilting all
    Last edited by lynnie; 06-04-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    really nice goodies jaba

Blog Entries
    Okay the next swap is June 15th. so I will post a swap list then. It runs until the last day of the month. then the next one can be an anything goes again or a quilt block if you'd rather. anything you guys want to do I am willing

Blog Entries
    I don't know if I posted this link already or not.

This is a great site where you can find all sorts of quilter's blogs. There is a lot of great info here.
    http://www.quilterblogs.com/search/?...rappy+quilting

Blog Entries
    Thanks Rhonda! I really like this link !!
    around the heart

Karen

Blog Entries
    can't wait to see who I get. I'm game for anything.

I received a lovely tablerunner and 2 hotpads from Jaba. I haven't taken a picture yet though. Thanks again Jaba!
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    Okay the next swap is June 15th. so I will post a swap list then. It runs until the last day of the month. then the next one can be an anything goes again or a quilt block if you'd rather. anything you guys want to do I am willing
    I would like to sign up only if I hit the mark last time. I only sent things that were in my sewing area. I did not buy anything. Also, had a couple handmade items in the mix. Is that right?
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    I did the same thing QuilterMomma........I think this is suppose to be a scrappy swap. Just send what you feel comfortable sending...........and please join again !!!!
    around the heart

Karen

Blog Entries
    We have a few who want to do a scrap swap as in sending scraps to your partner.
    So on June 15th I'll post a Scrap Swap. The mail date will be June 30th.

On July 1st -July 15th then we will do another anything goes swap where you can send anything related to quilting.

Blog Entries
    swapping anything is fun. whomever gets me, i'm making a pink and white quilt, so I need pinks 2 1/2" wide. or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    swapping anything is fun. whomever gets me, i'm making a pink and white quilt, so I need pinks 2 1/2" wide. or anything else.
    Maybe it will be me lynnie. I have lots of pink. I had to make 6 toddler quilts within this past year. We had 6 baby girls born into my family and 3 boys. I have not gotten the boys done yet but I am working on them.

Happily buried in a heap of fabric in Indiana!
    Thank you Rhonda for the lovely goodies! I recieved a dishtowel that looks like a dress it has a quilted topper. A checkbook cover thatis made from measuring tape fabic! Some stickers and a measuring tape that is a star!
    Sew, sew, it's the threads that keep love together :>} I love sunbonnet sue,old-fashioned things like 1950's or older housewife things, and like hankies,tea towels and aprons . Thanks to some lovely members on here I now have lots of aprons in my collection !!

Count me in for the scrap swap! I haven't done one before....hopefully there are some requests I can fill....lol I did see that someone wanted 1 1/2 strips....I do have those although some aren't WOF.

A scrap swap could be helpful to me. I need scraps appropriate for a crazy quilt, heavy on the blue and green. So, ribbons, wool, satin, velveteen, plaid, anything not too heavy. Would that work? I only have a a small sample of materials appropriate other than quilting cotton, and variety is good for a crazy quilt I would think.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Page 58 of 87 FirstFirst ... 8 48 57 58 59 68 ... LastLast