Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 20 60 69 70 71 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2169

Thread: Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Blog Entries
    Wow! I LOVE your mini's Gladie! Wonderful! Rhonda thank you for the inspiration! (my favorite was the cat)
    Ronda

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    Gladie Bear's Paw is one of my altime favorite pattern to use! Lovely quilts!
    Bear paw is my favorite also. I have made 4 queen size and 1 king size in this pattern. I made them with corduroy, and flannel. The are great cabin quilts.

I forgot to mention that my other favorite quilting link is to: Free Motion Quilting Project. It is just amazing; such a young girl, under 30 yrs old, and so educational!

Blog Entries
    Don't know how I missed this but here is a thread on Scrappy Quilts with lots and lots of pictures for inspiration!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t135936.html

Blog Entries
    Sew many quilts- sew little time !!! Thanks for sharing !! I will not tell you how many pictures I saved-- and I only made it to page 15 so far !!!
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

I need some ideas and patterns on what to make using fabric scraps ranging from 1/4" to 1 7/8" please. I just do not want to toss them in the trash. They are all in different shapes.
    "Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds" George Eliot

I just came across this article titled "Scrap User's System" that I thought was very interesting. I thought it would be very helpful since we work and store a lot of scraps.

http://quiltville.com/scrapusersystem.shtml
    "Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds" George Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by cwessel47 View Post
    Are you SURE about the puzzle you posted? I can find lots of the words - but Babylock is giving me some trouble ( actually all of the "B" words but I'm giving up). There is only one "Y" in the puzzle and I am not finding the work I am looking for! A scrap lover's thread will be a wonderful addition. Thanks Rhonda!
    Found babylock....look at the first vertical row on the left.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stitchengramie View Post
    I need some ideas and patterns on what to make using fabric scraps ranging from 1/4" to 1 7/8" please. I just do not want to toss them in the trash. They are all in different shapes.
    Give me a little time and I will share some of the things I have done.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    The reason that was a problem was because when it posted one row was left off. if you can't find it that is why. It was because of the pdf printer I used. I went back and reposted it later on so go look for the second version.

Blog Entries
    Mary I have seen where they have used those scraps and placed them on a piece of fabric and covered them with a light mesh then sewn over it to quilt it down. It is an interesting treatment.

You could sew them together into a crumbs pattern. I don't use a backing but you can. I just sew them together and trim where needed. Just keep adding them together any way you like til you have a bigger piece of fabric

Here is my tutorial on my confusion method(similar to the crumb version) -http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...on-t30920.html

3" by 5"
    Name:  CONFUSION005.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  8.0 KB

about 2 1/2" by 3 1/2"
    Name:  thumb-1266277820759-35 sssssss.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  21.2 KB

2" by 7"
    Name:  Bookmarks.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  43.0 KB

These are 3" unfinshed
    Name:  CONFUSION012.bmp
Views: 203
Size:  581.7 KB

Blog Entries
    I knew you'd come through Rhonda!

Here are some liberated Courthouse step blocks I made as a donation for a local food pantry fundraiser,Name:  Liberated CH steps.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  79.0 KBName:  Liberated CH steps 2.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  73.9 KB
    And here are the blocks with borders before binding.Name:  011.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  105.1 KB

I sewed a liberated quilt pattern with straight stitching.Name:  014.JPG
Views: 170
Size:  131.0 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    Of course if you want to you can also use my shortcut blocks. when you cut out a half square or Boston or Star Point you can use whatever scrap has enough size to it to make a 1 1/4" boston. only takes enough for 1/4th of the Boston for a scrap. We make them 1" 1 1/4" or 1 1/2". the size scraps you ahve to use would work fine for this. Maybe not the 1/4" scrap pieces LOL but the larger ones would.

To use my methods you sew the scraps together and then cut out a square with a template so it is easy to do. These below use Boston Blocks HSTs and Kansas Dugout blocks.

Name:  six.bmp
Views: 207
Size:  39.8 KB

Name:  bookmarks 4-2-07006 j.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  18.4 KBName:  dec 13 06015 g.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  12.7 KBName:  5-23-07008 b.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  16.2 KBName:  7-26-07051 22 vv.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  7.1 KBName:  Coin Purse tttttt.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  5.7 KBName:  COIN PURSE003 nnn.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  5.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oksewglad, I like your courthouse steps. If they are made of crumbs they could be called "Crumbling Courthouse Steps." Our county court house is beautiful, but some of the masonry is crumbling around the edges. We are also in a succession pro county, so the liberated courthouses make sense around here too. You definitely got my mind going.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Thanks foxflower. Crumbling CH Steps--perfect! Generally the liberated quilting leans toward modern quilt fabric, but what a surprise for me to see these country fabrics adapt to this style. Will definitely use this technique again when I'm not in an "anal" mood!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by stitchengramie View Post
    I have great difficulty throwing away any scraps at all too! Here is a couple of things I made to try and use a few up!
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's quarter to me time!!

Izy

Blog Entries
    What a nice variety of scrappy ideas Izy. Thanks for all the photos.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Oh my God! This is just the best thread ever! I'll be back to spend some serious time reading through all of this!

Blog Entries
    I have just some very enjoyable "eye candy" by seeing what delightful little scrappy blocks ya'all have been making recently! Love them!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    Wow, looks like your have been having a scraptastic time!! I love all the things you've been working on!
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    I have great difficulty throwing away any scraps at all too! Here is a couple of things I made to try and use a few up!
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Anyone want to swap 2.5 inch squares ? I cut hundreds out today from freshly ironed scraps with my used accuquilt I bought myself off of ebay for my 50th birthday . I just sent a med flat rate box of crumbs out today and have lots more . PM me if interested in crumbs and strings for postage, or in swapping charms 2.5 or 5 inch squares or even scraps . I have not bought any fabric for a couple of years and love to trade around . What I consider crumbs are pieces I can not get a 1.5 inch square from or larger pieces that I am sick of seeing lol. I may not be able to mail until after my next stretch off work. ( I work six 12 hr nights in a row , so all I do these days are sleep and work lol) anyone interested PM me .
    Last edited by raedar63; 11-12-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    LOL Izy!!! I was just browsing through and looked through the pics without looking to see who posted them. I got to the last and its a bookmark and I'm going I KNOW that I've seen that bookmark before!!! I think it's the one Izy sent me the pattern for along time ago and I've never made yet! LOL and then scroll up and find it is YOURS!!! LOL I've always loved how you make yours with the tassle and all. All of your projects are beautiful my friend!

Blog Entries
    A BIG THANK YOU to everyone for making this such a successful fun thread. I really appreciate all the postings and pictures!! Keep it up!! I'm glad I started it! and enjoy seeing all the ideas right along with you all.

Tho the thanks goes to a friend of mine who mistook what I commented to her. I said welcome to the scrap club as you would say welcome to the grandma club(not a real club!) so I thought well if she wants to join a scrap club let's just start one!! So I did. So thanks Ms C for the inspiration.

Blog Entries
    Anyone wanting to trade or swap 2 1/2" squares? If we have at least 6 I would organize it for you if you like. any less than 6 and I think you can pair yourselves up.

To organize it the rules are

minimum of 6 people

set of 10-- 2 1/2" squares
    100 % cotton fabric
    all diff fabrics per set
    as many sets as your partner agrees to

Mail out within 7 days after partners are assigned

If you'd like to make it more than 10 per set I can change that.
    If anyone is interested that is international we would need someone willing to mail international

please let me know if you are interested

I have a huge supply of selvedge edge strips, if anyone wants them for the postage cost. If you do, I'll have to figure out what size of box they will fit in.

Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 20 60 69 70 71 80 ... LastLast