Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

This quilt is stunning! I love everything about it, the fabric and the quilting are all stunning.
    Quilter momma did an awesome job!

Quote Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
    Everyone,
    I am over the top bursting with pride of my new quilt (all ready on the bed, of course). The work and detail that QuilterMomma put onto a quilt that she would be sending off to a total stranger is outstanding. She is beyond generous. I can't possibly convey it any other way.

Beth, Thank you my friend. ((a warm hug))

I will put a pic or two here but will put more over in the Group album. Please help me in giving QuilterMomma a huge "It is so beautiful".

And to our Swap host mother, a huge thank you for keeping all (or most) of us on track and focused.

best,
    d
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    So is yours
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

ALL of the quilts received so far are just fabulous! I hope the quilt for my swap partner will measure up....all of you are sooooo talented and I'm just a newbie at this.

Blog Entries
    Of course it will, it was made special by you for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibi View Post
    ALL of the quilts received so far are just fabulous! I hope the quilt for my swap partner will measure up....all of you are sooooo talented and I'm just a newbie at this.
    yes of course it will!!!!
    you cannot imagine how much it means to me that you would be willing to make something especially for me!!
    I'm honored & touched! so stop worrying your pretty head!!!

Blog Entries
    Sibi, I felt quite inadequate myself when I began this process but the quilters on this board are so compassionate and sincere and have encouraged me all along the way, especially quiltermomma. I am finishing the binding tonight and putting the label on and mine is ready for mailing. Each of the quilters knows what you put into the quilt you made - your heart, your mind, your creative side and desire to make someone else's life more special. Thanks quilters for helping me grow through this process.
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

Blog Entries
    Oh Tam...Moo, I have been working on yours so faithfully, I have the pieces of logs leftover all sewn together and recut to make the little 3" 9 patch border blocks. So going to be cute. Put in a little extra sashing and a small pink/red polkadot fabric to add a spark of home fire to the log cabin effect of the blocks which have pretty appliques in them. I am planing on getting it done for sure this weekend. I will work on it tonight and see how far I get. You are going to love this. I am starting to see the whole project come together.

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Well tracking says that notice was left! oh my I am so nervous! I know I made a lot of mistakes a few I got corrected a few when I tried to, they got worse, and some did not notice till all was said and done.... oh sheesh nervous nervous! And excited! hehehe
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Quote Originally Posted by mindless View Post
    yes of course it will!!!!
    you cannot imagine how much it means to me that you would be willing to make something especially for me!!
    I'm honored & touched! so stop worrying your pretty head!!!
    Thanks Chris....there is love in every stitch so hopefully that'll come through :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tam...Moo View Post
    Sibi, I felt quite inadequate myself when I began this process but the quilters on this board are so compassionate and sincere and have encouraged me all along the way, especially quiltermomma. I am finishing the binding tonight and putting the label on and mine is ready for mailing. Each of the quilters knows what you put into the quilt you made - your heart, your mind, your creative side and desire to make someone else's life more special. Thanks quilters for helping me grow through this process.
    Thanks for the encouraging words Tam Moo...and you're right, everyone on this board is so nice!

Blog Entries
    received my quilt today from my partner...thank you Terryl.
    Marcialee

Blog Entries
    Name:  001.JPG
Views: 100
Size:  85.8 KBFrom Terryl to Marcialee
    Marcialee

Wendy, you will find that your quilt has a few mistakes too. So I hope you love it in spite of the boo boo's. I will love your quilt because of the mistakes. I am serious, I will love it because it was made by you!

My PO opens at 11:00am today, I am going to get my quilt!!!

Linda58

Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
    Well tracking says that notice was left! oh my I am so nervous! I know I made a lot of mistakes a few I got corrected a few when I tried to, they got worse, and some did not notice till all was said and done.... oh sheesh nervous nervous! And excited! hehehe
    Linda58

"A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs." --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
    Very pretty!!!
    Linda58

"A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs." --Mark Twain

What a pretty quilt and such lovely quilting. Terryl, the wonky star is really cute.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Love that wonky star. That is so cool. Great job on colors as well.

Such a pretty quilt, terryl!! Great job! Can't imagine there are any mistakes. Remember, there's no mistakes-just say "creative accents" !!
    I bought the minky for my partner's quilt-just need to wash it and then sandwich and quilt it on my domestic machine this coming week,hopefully. My quilting will be less detailed as one done by a long arm quilter!! Hope my partner, Angela-- mrsaj11 will like it!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by yayaquilts View Post
    Such a pretty quilt, terryl!! Great job! Can't imagine there are any mistakes. Remember, there's no mistakes-just say "creative accents" !!
    I bought the minky for my partner's quilt-just need to wash it and then sandwich and quilt it on my domestic machine this coming week,hopefully. My quilting will be less detailed as one done by a long arm quilter!! Hope my partner, Angela-- mrsaj11 will like it!
    Oh, I like that Yayaquilts, Creative accents!! :-)

Wow, love the wonky stars quilt, pretty colours and great quilting.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    Beautiful Quilt !! I am hand stitching the binding down on mine so almost done !!!
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Blog Entries
    Finally, after several hours sewing 1.5" pieces of scraps from the log cabins, I finally finished all the 3" 9 patch blocks for the border. I have sewn it on and is on the longarm now. I just may get it done this weekend like I want to. Will ahve to get the embroidery machine out so can do a label. Whew, so close. Tam Moo is also my monthly block partner for June and I have her block already done! Got two things done today.

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Finally, after several hours sewing 1.5" pieces of scraps from the log cabins, I finally finished all the 3" 9 patch blocks for the border. I have sewn it on and is on the longarm now. I just may get it done this weekend like I want to. Will ahve to get the embroidery machine out so can do a label. Whew, so close. Tam Moo is also my monthly block partner for June and I have her block already done! Got two things done today.
    Oh my 3" 9 block, dang cannot wait to see what you made, I hope you post photos!!
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

I got the most gorgeous quilt today!!! I will post photos tomorrow, promise, tonight I am going to enjoy my quilt that Linda made just for me! It is made in my all time favorite colors, aubergine and pumpkin, and I could not of asked for a better quilt swap partner!!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda58 View Post
    Wendy, you will find that your quilt has a few mistakes too. So I hope you love it in spite of the boo boo's. I will love your quilt because of the mistakes. I am serious, I will love it because it was made by you!

My PO opens at 11:00am today, I am going to get my quilt!!!

Linda58
    It is PERFECT!!!! I love LOVE love my quilt! There is definitely no doubt that you put in a lot of thought and a lot of work in making this for me! THANK YOU Linda!!

Blog Entries
    Finally done quilting Tam Moos quilt. Now to get that binding on and label. Getting out the embroidery machine as we speak so I can make a label for her. I think I could get into doing applique on the longarm.

Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast