Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 >

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Old 03-05-2012, 08:31 AM

If anyone tried to PM me and it bounced, I've now cleaned out my PM folders and can receive messages again.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:12 AM

I did not get jillnjos quilt completed this weekend. Just could not get rid of migraine/back ache so was slowed down. It bothers me when they are on the quilt frame and only half done. For some reason your groove gets altered when you have to stop and start. i wanted so much to mail today. Hopefully will finish soon.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:14 PM

I AM IN TEARS!!!!! LADIES, THIS QUILT TO ME FROM JILLNJO IS SO AWESOME! I do not have a camera at the office or I would post a photo right now. I can only hope mine is what she wants. I know the colors are going to be. It has the log cabin on one side and a star on the other. She has then quilted it with feathers and lines. You can only see the thread color on the star side because she did not want it to show up on the other. Does not matter to me, because the quilting is just wonderful. I am so blessed. She even took note that blue is my favorite color. Oh the batiks on the back mixed with the prints are so vibrant and mix so well. Oh, like I said, I am in tears. I am suffering with the stupid migraines again and so needed my snuggle quilt. Husband and kids had to go to west side of state this weekend and the dog would not even snuggle with me. So, I get to have this now to snuggle with. If I figure out another way to get some justifying photos up, I will. You ladies are going to be so happy with your partner's quilts they make for you. This is such a blessed swap in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails log-cabin.jpg  

Last edited by QuilterMomma; 03-05-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:36 PM

QuilterMomma, it is so gratifying hearing how much you like your quilt and I didn't even make it! Log cabins are indeed wonderful. I hope your headaches disappear.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:03 PM

I will post pictures of the quilt I made for QMomma. Thank you for the lovely compliments, Beth!! I wanted it to make you happy and to be a quilt you can use!! Jillnjo.[ATTACH=CONFIG]317666[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]317667[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]317668[/ATTACH]I first chose the star pattern and then I was sewing the log cabin blocks with my treadle and thought " these could go on the back", so that's what I did. Now, either side can be the front, depending on your personal choice. It was a real joy to sew a quilt for a friend!
Attached Thumbnails late-2011-early-2012-168-small-.jpg   late-2011-early-2012-170-small-.jpg   late-2011-early-2012-171-small-.jpg  

Last edited by jillnjo; 03-05-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:23 PM

Wow! Jillnjo, you really made her two quilts in one! It's lovely. Heck, *I'm* in tears!!!

Last edited by jillaine; 03-05-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:47 PM

Beautiful quilt! Looks like it was received at just the right time too. Hope you are feeling better soon Quiltermomma!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:13 PM

Quiltermomma, wow you are one lucky lady, a jillnjo double and both sides are beautiful. Hope the quilt I am making for my partner turns out just as nice but it won't be doublesided not clever enough to do that

BTW, has anyone heard from vanogay, my partner. She hasn't posted since mid-February which is a little unusual. I know she was going away to a quilt show for a few days but with all those tornadoes happening in the US, I get a little worried when a QB member 'disappears' for a little while. I do hope she is okay and gets in touch soon.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:49 AM

I slept with the quilt last night and actually got a good night sleep. My daughter is not feeling well either so she snuggled under it with me. it is going to get some good use. Thank you ever so much. I find it so wonderful to have the two sides like that. I could get rid of some orphan blocks that way couldn't I. I may use this as an inspiration. One side uniform and the other just some fun loving blocks that make you feel good. I also want you to know, I have made the log cabin block several times and never kept one for myself and scrap quilts are my favorite type of quilt. This one has the best of both worlds for me, I get a log cabin, a very pretty design quilt, and the lovely scraps. How awesome is that all coated in blues. God is good.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:22 PM

Yeah for sleep!

I finally got the border fabric ironed this morning. I wonder how long it will take me to get it cut.