Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 >

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Old 03-06-2012, 01:55 PM

Oh Foxflower, the more you on here then I suppose it will take much longer to get cut.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Power Poster

Wow two amazing quilts in one with awesome quilting. Wonderful job!

Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
I will post pictures of the quilt I made for QMomma. Thank you for the lovely compliments, Beth!! I wanted it to make you happy and to be a quilt you can use!! Jillnjo.[ATTACH=CONFIG]317666[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]317667[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]317668[/ATTACH]I first chose the star pattern and then I was sewing the log cabin blocks with my treadle and thought " these could go on the back", so that's what I did. Now, either side can be the front, depending on your personal choice. It was a real joy to sew a quilt for a friend!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:42 PM

Wowzers! No one can compete that quilt! It's beautiful Jillnjo. Lucky you, QuilterMomma.

Now she says she likes scrappy quilts, sigh... If I had known.

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
... scrap quilts are my favorite type of quilt...
Scrappy quilts are my fav too, QM. And I was just ribbing you above.

When our Swap Momma sent her survey yesterday I happened to be on the computer. I responded to her, shut down the computer and went to work on your quilt. Made great progress, too. Won't tell you which 'choice' I selected, though. :-)

Enjoy your fabulous quilt!

This is a great swap idea. I hope everyone holds up their commitments. It would be sad if some fell through -though I've no doubt some would step forward as a group to help make right.

best,
d
Old 03-06-2012, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Oh Foxflower, the more you on here then I suppose it will take much longer to get cut.
You are so right. But when I'm on here I can hold a toddler on my lap, sneeze, and eat dinner.....all at the same time if i have too. Right now I have the toddler with a book and periodic sneezes. Dinner later. LOL Pretty harder to cut fabric and multitask.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:10 PM

My swap partners quilt goes to the quilter tomorrow. can't wait to see how it comes out. I love it as is.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
Wowzers! No one can compete that quilt! It's beautiful Jillnjo. Lucky you, QuilterMomma.

Now she says she likes scrappy quilts, sigh... If I had known.

Scrappy quilts are my fav too, QM. And I was just ribbing you above.

When our Swap Momma sent her survey yesterday I happened to be on the computer. I responded to her, shut down the computer and went to work on your quilt. Made great progress, too. Won't tell you which 'choice' I selected, though. :-)

Enjoy your fabulous quilt!

This is a great swap idea. I hope everyone holds up their commitments. It would be sad if some fell through -though I've no doubt some would step forward as a group to help make right.

best,
d
Whigrose, you are making a beautiful quilt for QMomma!! It looks like so much work! I guess I had looked at the one I made for so long that I started to think it was blah! or something. I do often feel that way till I get a quilt completed and then if I don't see it again for a while, it looks good to me all over. I like so many kinds of quilts, that it was hard to have a really special choice and so I decided on a style and colorway that I have not made or bought much of and I can't wait to touch it and dance around the room with it!! Whoo hoo!!
Old 03-07-2012, 10:39 AM

Now Whigrose, you better keep the one you started for me. Remember it is going on my wall so I can admire it everyday, at least four to five times. I do not do much applique and that is why that quilt is so magnificant and it is blue!!!! My favorite color. Please I want that one also. It was great doing two because i get one to snuggle with and one to admire. How great is that!!!!!! I am so anxious to see this one done. It is beautiful. batiks are one of my favorite fabrics and that is what you used on it. So you have done many great things I love. My husband does not care alot for scrap quilts so I usually give them away. Not the one from Jillnjo, it is on my bed and sleeps with me now. The daughter has "retired" the Steelers polar fleece blanket and now this is permanent for snuggle tv time.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:42 AM

Foxflower, you are a great multi-tasker and wise not to eat at the computer while holding and reading to the toddler. Your wisdom is beyond years. I do agree with the cutting. I tried to cut and think at the same time and not a good combo. But the blocks still did ok, I just had to sew extra onto them and then cut away.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:50 PM

The thing to do when making a quilt for another quilter whom you have never met...is to choose a pattern with as many points and angles as possible that you have never made before, LOL! I am laughing at myself here and becoming very very friendly with my little Clover seam ripper.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:08 PM