Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Repeat a Boom NEw New New - Signups Closed

Yep, it's the 3rd day of snow here, about mid-thigh now, not shovelling much because the college is closed, and the place I work at is closed and there's no reason to go out... Just about finished with a baby quilt top that I started when the snow started!

I was very busy over the holidays. I finished my grandson's duvet cover. My daughter did not want quilts as she has no place to store them. Hmmmm store them?????? I thought we made them for people to use. Anyways she was ok with me making a duvet cover for their comforters. The older two were done last Aug. I just finished the youngest one. This is like one giagantic pillow case. The top is all quilt squares. LOL Got my daughter on that one. Then I made a large quilt for her mum-in-law. All chickens as she likes chickens. I had to have these two done for the trip to Australia. Then I made a baby quilt for my new grt. Niece. I made a quilt for me. I started this one in 2004. It has appliques cats on it and it is done in cat material. I will be hanging it above my bed. I also made two rag quilts that I am donating to our church to go to the Indian reservations in Arizona. So I have been a bit busy. But now that I have a few days left before I leave, I am going to get the material out for this swap and decided on a pattern.
    For all my friends and quilters in the cold areas, put some more quilts on and stay warm. I won't mention what the weather is like here in Southern CA.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

I work with an American Indian. She is so happy to be away from the reservation. Thanks so much for donating quilts to go there. I'm sure from her stories that there are lots of people there who need a bright spot coming into their life.

I am hoping to go there someday. Our church has a group that goes every month to bring supplies and things. Our knit group at the church makes hats, scarves, blankets, baby clothing, etc. They go to Arizona where they go to 4 different Indian reservations. I am part Cherokee as my Grt Grt grandma was one. But I have never lived on a reservation.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

We need one move person in our group so ask your friends and we will see what happens. LOL. Off to Australia tomorrow. Am I excited.......YEP. Grandkids here I come.

Blog Entries
    Does anyone ever do one like this with fat Qtrs? I enjoyed the one I did but I did NOT like working with Fat 8's, no room for error lol
    Live, Laugh & Love, for tomorrow may never come.
    Veronica

Short and Sweet, it's sounds ok to me, I'll go along with whatever the group wants. Would that be 4 yards of fabric for sending? Or would I have to buy 4 1/2 to get enough FQs for 12 in the group, but there is 13? I'm confused, do I count myself or not? :-)

urgodschild2, Have a safe trip!!!! Kiss your family lots while you are there! :-)

Actually the F8 if it is cut 11 X 22 should be big enough for any of the patterns but you can send Fquarters too. Right now there is 11 people. That is counting yourself. We need one more person. If we don't get the 12 person then each of us would have to make two of our own so we will have to wait and then go with what the majority wants. I am ok with sending larger pieces of material. My next message will be from Australia. When I arrive the temps will 105. Oh my, I will pick up the kids from Bizi-i-kids and go home and drink lots of water. In fact the rest of the week looks like over 100 temps. Good grief.....They are having the opposite of the USA.......heat. Unusually hot.

105!!! Farenheit? Bah! Step out of the plane into instant oven... Please take care not to get heat stroke. My daughter-in-law was recently hospitalized for heat stroke/dehydration. She said it was no fun.

11 x 22 sounds good to me-- with my block pattern I think it will give room for cutting it a couple of times, but I'm a measure twice, cut once kind of person. I'm fine with going ahead with who we have and making 2 blocks myself. I've been so looking forward to it, I don't want to quit before we've tried it! :-) But there's another 2 weeks to wait, so maybe someone else will join too.

Hope you still have a vacancy I just sent you a PM I am interesting in filling your last spot when I get you confirm that I'm in will start looking for pattern and material.

pbadder, urgodschild2 is the leader and she's going to Australia... she'll get back with you after the flight, I guess. :-)

Just heard from urgodschild2 and I am in now looking for material. Block I chose is www.quilterscache.com/A/AnniesChoiceBlock.html Please give input if this block is okay with everyone, otherwise I will look for a different one. Thanks looking forward to this one.

Blog Entries
    I think that design is great. I actually used it as an example in a project I presented in 2011 at a mathematics conference. The project/talk was about how you can take a simple design (HST) and create exponential # of designs with it depending on your grid (3x3, 4x4, 5x5, etc) and the importance of translation, rotation, and reflection in quilting. It's one of my favorite designs to work with now.
    Mischief Managed.

Barb,

I am currently participating in Boom 11 as a first time member of the Slow and Easy Group. I signed up for that group to make sure I was giving myself time to complete my 16 blocks. All my blocks are due back to everyone in May. I am have completed 8 blocks already. I like the idea of getting a pattern to go with the fabric as part of the instructions to come with the fabric. It seems all others aspects of this Swap are the same. I like the decision to keep it to 12 participants. When is deadline for submitting F8,s ?. I would like to do this.

Thank you for taking this on!
    Bee

Quote Originally Posted by pbadder View Post
    Just heard from urgodschild2 and I am in now looking for material. Block I chose is www.quilterscache.com/A/AnniesChoiceBlock.html Please give input if this block is okay with everyone, otherwise I will look for a different one. Thanks looking forward to this one.
    I like it !!
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Welcome pat b. she is our 12 person. If any one else joins. Maybe we will end up with two groups. Who knows stayin cool in 108 yesterday heat

Look's like you are full this time. Maybe the next time. I did learn about the Quilter's Cache. This will be very helpful.

Thanks,
    Bee

I would join but am worried about being able to do certain blocks.....

TheMamaHauser -- :-) that's an interesting note regarding a quilt block pattern. :-)
    pbadder -- I like stars. I haven't tried that one before, looks fun!
    urgodschild2 -- 108F!! Oh! What a blessing someone invented air-conditioning units... I can't imagine how hard that is if a person had to work without one.
    Bee -- It's a very useful web site. I'm sure it gets a huge amount of users.

Ha ha. Air conditioning? Not in my daughter's home. We have two small fans. Better to go to the malls or movies or museum to stay cool. Today the heat wave has broken and we have delightful. 70 degree temps. I am not melting after all.

Just a couple of weeks left to wait! Has every chosen their pattern and fabric? Is everyone ready? :-) Itching to get started...

I am soooooo ready!!!!! Picked my fabric and pattern.

i am ready to mail , ready to mail, ready to mail. !!! yipeee! while i wait i will keep up with my 50 paper pieced stars. oh goodness have i learned a ton. i wasnt really a paper piecer until i started this project.

Good morning fellow swappers!!! I picked out my pattern, need to go through my stash and pick the fabric to go with the block pattern. My goal will be having all of my squishes in envelopes and ready to mail by 1 Feb 2014, plus make a sample block and post.

I love everyone's fabric and patterns you have picked so far. I'm very excited about this swap. Happy sewing!!!!!
    habbylab

Salutations All . . . just checking in. I feel good ju-ju from this group. I'm going on retreat this weekend in South Carolina: the Myrtle Beach Quilt Party - 3 glorious days of unabridged sewing ! ! ! ! No cooking, cleaning, laundry, work, or traffic jams ! ! ! ! I can't wait - barely containing my composure ! ! ! ! Upon my return, I will choose my pattern & fabric & share my results. . . seeya' next week . . . GP
    Create A Great Day ! ! ! !
    MQB-3 / RAB-2 / Booms 11 & 13 / Projects
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members/groovy-pieces-u129541-albums.html

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast