Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013 >

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Old 07-19-2013, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by DustysMomma View Post
Hmm, I'm thinking on this one. I guess it depends on how much arm twisting I get, lol. I have all sorts of woodsy stuff I can use if anyone's into that.
Okay, I'm not into woodsy stuff, BUT, I am twisting your arm, cause I am sure there are people here who are.....AND I will guarantee you will have FUN!
Old 07-19-2013, 04:48 PM

i've already expressed that i like teddy bears over black bears, but i like pandas, who may not actually be bears, but anyway, i like trees. dh got his degree in forestry. o, i think it's koalas that aren't bears. anyway. you could make one with flamingos ! i love flamingos!! they are just kinda 'out there!, ya know? in my family room i have a 2' tall flamingo nightlight, a frog side table, a 3' monkey on the wall, so i could use some more wild animals. i have a zebra chair upstairs and i need to re-home a spotted chair--what cat has spots? not a tiger..... can't think.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:12 PM

c'mon, d'sm!! you can stand being in another swap with me!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:24 PM

jillnjo-- i don't know how rhonda decides who gets what, but if there is something you just can't tolerate, you can always send her a pm and hope for the best.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
c'mon, d'sm!! you can stand being in another swap with me!
Always, so long as I don't get "r" emails too regularly
Old 07-19-2013, 06:17 PM

i've already expressed that i like teddy bears over black bears, but i like pandas, who may not actually be bears, but anyway, i like trees. dh got his degree in forestry. o, i think it's koalas that aren't bears. anyway. you could make one with flamingos ! i love flamingos!! they are just kinda 'out there!, ya know? in my family room i have a 2' tall flamingo nightlight, a frog side table, a 3' monkey on the wall, so i could use some more wild animals. i have a zebra chair upstairs and i need to re-home a spotted chair--what cat has spots? not a tiger..... can't think.
OK Nancia.....I just GOTTA SEE some pics of your living space...I am very curious.....and a bit envious of your "openness"!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:20 PM

cogito-- is that openness, as in i reveal too much, or openness as i'll accept so much? just curious.

my avatar is a cat mug hug, a mug rug that wraps around the cup. since it is a rendition of my real cat, tiger, it fits well in my room, but i gave it away in the mug rug swap i was in at the time. i've made a few cats and a fish so far. have plans to make more when the inspiration hits.

Last edited by nancia; 07-19-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
Been reading here and thinking about the swap.I have a question-do we share any preferences of our own as far as the wallhanging we receive? Like if someone didn't care for animal themes for example? That might make a lot more work for the hostess!? Just curious how this all works!
Hi jillnjo, It is up to you to enjoy making anything you desire. No one knows what they are going to receive so we can all request as much as we want but you aren't assured of getting what you request. The fun is to receive a little something with another persons concepts and designs with no limitations. For instance I love flamingos but I may not receive a quilt with flamingos. Make what you love to share with others.
peace
Old 07-20-2013, 02:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
Been reading here and thinking about the swap.I have a question-do we share any preferences of our own as far as the wallhanging we receive? Like if someone didn't care for animal themes for example? That might make a lot more work for the hostess!? Just curious how this all works!
Hi jillnjo, It is up to you to enjoy making anything you desire. No one knows what they are going to receive so we can all request as much as we want but you aren't assured of getting what you request. The fun is to receive a little something with another persons concepts and designs with no limitations. For instance I love flamingos but I may not receive a quilt with flamingos. Make what you love to share with others.
peace

EDIT: Nancia, Always adored your avatar. I thought it was pottery. Love that it is a mug rug. Very cool.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:05 AM

jillnjo-- i don't know how rhonda decides who gets what, but if there is something you just can't tolerate, you can always send her a pm and hope for the best.
That would explain why it is a good thing that we post pictures as we work on it!I can just see the email to Rhonda now...."NO wild animals to sit on my wall and watch me as I try to sleep! Please I beg of you!" Most wou;d add spiders and snakes I am sure, maybe even clowns. Got to get back to work on my owl. He's gotten too big to put on a wall hanging with a 57 inch wing span. Watch out Toto!