Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhonda's 5th Wall Hanging Swap - Nov 1 - Feb 28

Blog Entries
    I'm still trying to decide.
    I know it will be something "springish"
    In my quilt lab!

Elisabrat I love pigs and your wacky chicken! So here is a WIP and I need help. Remember that there will be 4 of these so they can be used as placemats or table toppers or as a complete wall hanging with a carrier strip so the whole thing can be hung. Each will have either a brown or orange center. Each can be removed from the carrier strip and used on their own if desired. Where I need help - how to FMQ??? I can do a meander in the blue spaces and maybe light echo quilting on each petal but that might be boring?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JNCT14; 11-12-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    I like your idea Jnct14 and think echoing will look real cool. Make the meander small so the background will recede and the flower stand out. Great!

I had a piece that I was working on but nw I am re thinking it. This one is going to be tougher than I thought.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    Remember you can sign up anytime up until midnight on Feb 28. You must have a wall hanging ready to mail by then.
    If this is your first time joining us I need your postal address and would like an email for a backup contact #(optional)

Welcome to those who have played before and a welcome to our new players!! Hope you all have fun!
    Make sure you post some pics along the way. Would love to see your fabrics or your ideas you are thinking of using!!

If I miss adding anyone just remind me and I will get you on the list.
    The important list will be the ready to mail list. So when you are ready to mail make sure you let me know. Only those people will get an address to mail to.

1. Aurora
    2. jaba
    3. Likethedog
    4. Bilben
    5. skaduzy
    6. quiltymom
    7. emc1118
    8. javin22
    9. Tfch8184
    10.Ms Grace
    11.Ube quilting
    12.Quiltjoey
    13.Everose
    14.createfourpaws
    15.Elisabrat
    16.JNCT14 (got it right this time LOL)
    17.cjr
    18.Quilty-Louise
    19.BonniFeltz

Blog Entries
    Remember you can sign up anytime up until midnight on Feb 28. You must have a wall hanging ready to mail by then.
    If this is your first time joining us I need your postal address and would like an email for a backup contact #(optional)

Welcome to those who have played before and a welcome to our new players!! Hope you all have fun!
    Make sure you post some pics along the way. Would love to see your fabrics or your ideas you are thinking of using!!

The important list will be the ready to mail list. So when you are ready to mail make sure you let me know. Only those people will get an address to mail to.

1. Aurora
    2. jaba
    3. Likethedog
    4. Bilben
    5. skaduzy
    6. quiltymom
    7. emc1118
    8. javin22
    9. Tfch8184
    10.Ms Grace
    11.Ube quilting
    12.Quiltjoey
    13.Everose
    14.createfourpaws
    15.Elisabrat
    16.JNCT14 (got it right this time LOL)
    17.cjr
    18.Quilty-Louise
    19.BonniFeltz
    20.LaQuita

wow the list is really growing! and as to waiting til after Christmas yeah you have time but time has a silly way of flying by and things happen ie we get sick or family does and suddenly no time so I am just suggesting .. that pulling out fabrics and playing with ideas now is a good idea. if your done early well it can sit in a nice snug place waiting til mail dates but if you run out of time well wouldn't that be sad?

I hope then jnct you get my farm critters! after all they need to go to a special home. I will post pics later going to go snap one of the piggy I am thinking of immolating.. its so cute.. oh I might need to make one for me too.. I know I will make one pig one cow and then when post them here and you guys can vote on them.. which one to send.. Jaba hope your name doesn't get drawn lol.. know how much you LOVE pigs and cows lol... (she would not be thrilled to hang my cows trust me)..
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

ps for those who don't know I met Jaba here on the QB and well we became such close friends I moved here so we could be closer. She is like a sister to me so I poke at her and she pokes right back
    Linda

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    You never know brat, I might like your little piggy or cow. Like those pigs and cows in my freezer so I could relate, just don't like novelty fabrics with pigs and cows. Actually just not a fan of novelty fabrics of anything. Yours would be more like a sculpture.......

ok this the web site that inspired my desire to make a critter:

https://www.americanquilter.com/prom...4-13_macdonald
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Elisabrat: I saw this too and think it is so awesome. I for one am very much looking forward to seeing your style influenced by this quilt. Owning one would be nice too! This piecing style has long been on my TODO list. Some day I will DO IT!
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I am a big fan of the cows in Chicago and don't they do critters in Kansas? I was inspired to do a bunch of mugrugs based on those.

I saw a real cute wallhanging in a quilt shop a while ago. The owner ordered the pattern for me and it will be perfect for this swap. Problem is I can't remember where I put it. Anybody else ever have this problem or am I the only 'drifty' one? I'll start to look for it as soon as I get back from vacation.
    My colors will be springy pastels, it has some applique but mostly piecing and I loved it when I saw it. Hope whoever gets it will too,
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by skaduzy View Post
    I saw a real cute wallhanging in a quilt shop a while ago. The owner ordered the pattern for me and it will be perfect for this swap. Problem is I can't remember where I put it. Anybody else ever have this problem or am I the only 'drifty' one? I'll start to look for it as soon as I get back from vacation.
    My colors will be springy pastels, it has some applique but mostly piecing and I loved it when I saw it. Hope whoever gets it will too,
    HAHA....if you were the only one who did that I would be a liar to say you were. I do that all the time and I am the only one in my place so I can't blame it on anyone else when I can find it. LOL
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    ok this the web site that inspired my desire to make a critter:

https://www.americanquilter.com/prom...4-13_macdonald
    I saw this at the International Quilt Show in Chicago and it was adorable!

I'm thinking of possibly doing something with flowers. I have a lot of stuff to do by December 10th-15th so after that I can take it a little easier to figure out what to do for this.
    Happy Quilting!

Haha! Glad to know it is not only ME!

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    HAHA....if you were the only one who did that I would be a liar to say you were. I do that all the time and I am the only one in my place so I can't blame it on anyone else when I can find it. LOL
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Blog Entries
    Now I know I am really in the right place. Found my charger for the IPad this morning. It has been lost all week. I even have to call the cell phone to find where I laid it. Oh well, life - now where did I put that fabric that I was thinking of working on????
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

I think one of the hardest things is trying to figure out which pattern to make. LOL. I have so many to choose from...which would explain why I have more fabric in stash than in the completed pile.
    Happy Quilting!

I found my pattern now to find the fabric that I want to use for it.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    I'm gonna try to start on mine today.
    I can't wait!
    In my quilt lab!

ok recently I found all sorts of patterns I forgot I owned. not where they should have been either. Trouble is today I went in search of my four inch ruler so I could easily trim down a ton of 2.5 inch squares.. no idea but its in a super good hiding spot I guess. me misplace things or forget where I put them? uh yeah that never happens.. daily.
    Linda

Rhonda ~ I would like to join the group. I am hoping that since my Dad has gotten his knee replaced, I should be able to stay home more. Plus once it starts snowing, it is harder for me to get down off my mountain. They say it is going to be a pretty bad winter here. I look forward to this swap.

Blog Entries
    sent a pm about joining in on this swap. Sounds like fun. I need to start doing some different things, instead of sitting in the corner and not venturing out.

Blog Entries
    Linda, I know about that "safe place". Finally found the IPad charger that was lost for a week. Last night found the walk about phone - it wasn't where it should have been.

amyjo, know about that corner also. Am from ND also - maybe we need more sunshine? Have a great week and welcome.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

oh oh in the stack of patterns I forgot I had I found a COW pattern another quilter here sent me.. what marvelous timing! its a scrappy cow, in fun colors and I think. . its the one! I have to try it I mean it would be mean hearted of me not to use a gift like that.. so hanging my head resigned.. this is the one (big smirky grin when I type).. woe is me, a cow.. sigh.. who would have thought.. oh boy this is gonna be fun.
    Linda

Blog Entries

1. Aurora
    2. jaba
    3. Likethedog
    4. Bilben
    5. skaduzy
    6. quiltymom
    7. emc1118
    8. javin22
    9. Tfch8184
    10.Ms Grace
    11.Ube quilting
    12.Quiltjoey