Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhonda's 5th Wall Hanging Swap - Nov 1 - Feb 28

Blog Entries
    I have one member who is allergic to wool so if you use any wool please let me know!

Ok so here is the WIP - my cousin's wife found cones and cones of 50wt colored thread in a thrift store for $1.00 each!!! I used the blue for the FMQ on the placemats (I hand quilted the petals). I really like this and I am thinking about making a set for myself. Will post a pic of the completed WH when I finish the carrier strip. However, Skaduzy was nice enough to send me a whirligig pattern that I am itching to try and that may be the next project!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

JNCT14, very pretty!

Blog Entries
    Very nice so far, J. I like it!
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    I made a trip to purchase fabric for this project on Wednesday

CLUE #1 It involves a color not in my stash -- PINK, PINK, AND YES, MORE PINK!
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries
    I made a trip online to a new site, someone on here said had nice stuff, reasonable--so I ordered a yard each of yellow, lavender, purple, lilac, green. It should be here on Monday. Can't wait to get started.

AmyJo - whats the site??? I am going to hit Joann's on the 30th in the morning for their Quilters Showcase fabric sale.

Here is the finished WH. Last chance if you guys don't like it I still have time to make something else! (and no, my feelings won't be hurt, hahahaha).

I like it!!

I FOUND the pattern I want to use for my wall hanging. Guess what, it was in the file cabinet under 'Wallhangings'.
    right where it belongs. I actually put it away right!

Happy (early) Thanksgiving to all. I am going on vacation. Be back December...........
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
    AmyJo - whats the site??? I am going to hit Joann's on the 30th in the morning for their Quilters Showcase fabric sale.

Here is the finished WH. Last chance if you guys don't like it I still have time to make something else! (and no, my feelings won't be hurt, hahahaha).
    J, I give it a big thumbs up. Tell us how you attached them to each other and can come apart for place mats. A very cool idea.
    peace

Amyjo, Yes tell, tell us the site you found.

I am still looking for a pattern for my WH. I don't have a clue yet as to what I want to do.
    peace

Blog Entries
    Hi every one. Rhonda, I am still waiting to hear from Bilben of the Yukon. I don't know how long it should take to get there from PA. This Monday will be two weeks. My tracking # has that it went through Jamaica NY and then nothing. I guess it doesn't track into Canada. I sent the tracking # to Bilben but don't know if she can pick it up on her side of the border. I am beginning to feel a little discouraged that yet another package has been lost on route.

I am sorry Bilben and if after a length of whatever time is appropriate to wait, I will make another WH for you and send it insured, priority plus and what ever else I have to do to get it there. Maybe deliver it myself! on dog sled.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone
    peace
    peace

Blog Entries
    Persephone's Creations.com Someone on the board said it was a good place and I found fabric that will all coordinate for what I wan to make for my wall hanging. Now if I can get it going as soon as the fab comes.

look under new to me online website. persephonescreations.com

Someone had a new thread about online fab shop and she is also on facebook to like.
    Last edited by amyjo; 11-24-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    YES I just found that website also. Have you seen the
    Peacock Paradise II collection? totally LOVE that collection
    wish I could afford several yards of all the fabrics.

I also found that Northcott has that peacock paradise II
    collection in browns (which I would not ever buy sinceI
    don't like brown).

Quote Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
    Persephone's Creations.com Someone on the board said it was a good place and I found fabric that will all coordinate for what I wan to make for my wall hanging. Now if I can get it going as soon as the fab comes.

look under new to me online website. persephonescreations.com

Someone had a new thread about online fab shop and she is also on facebook to like.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Hey Ube I simply made a carrier strip (you can use wide grosgrain ribbon as well) and put buttons on it. Each circle has a ribbon loop on the back to hang on the button. Hey does anyone know if you can post pictures from your phone in the Advanced section under Manage Attachments? I made the Spinning Stars from the pattern that Sue sent me but I will have to post from my computer if not.

Blog Entries
    J, That is a great idea. Thanks. I am still in the stumped as to what I want to do. I want to try something different so I can do something creative and make good use of the WH at the same time. I am looking into some applique which I don't do much of. I am looking for a theme, too.
    peace

I made a quick table runner with the pattern Skaduzy sent me. Thanks Sue! I want to try a full size quilt with this after I crawl out from under my other projects.....

Blog Entries
    I got my fabric from persephone's creations today. had only ordered it the other day and almost on the weekend. It is so pretty, I think I should have ordered more.

As I look at this I see I joined in Feb 2011 and I have 2011 posts with this one. Well, must get off computer and go to bed. tomorrow need to start my wall hanging. already have a box filling for the treasures swap I signed up for too.

that is a wonderful runner! you should quickly join all my table runner swaps with skaduzy and all the wonderful quilters on here! quick? that does not look quick to whip up at all btw.

I am using a cow pattern that was sent to me by another qb member for my wall hanging. it has a scrappy background and well a silly cow on the front. think its a make you smile pattern so all I have to do is find time to whip it up! I think Jaba would womp me if I put her round robin away to play with cows. So one project at a time I fear .
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Ohhh sew pretty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I made a trip to purchase fabric for this project on Wednesday

CLUE #1 It involves a color not in my stash -- PINK, PINK, AND YES, MORE PINK!
    PINK, PINK, & more PINK, I think that PINK has MY NAME on it doesn't it??? Lol

Well, my grownup mature, Yaiyai side likes roses, antique roses, and the soft romantic colors that go along with them.
    But the fun loving side of me likes, hot pink /lime green & fun sewing things.

So what do YOU all like?????
    Last edited by LAQUITA; 11-27-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Honestly that spinning stars was really easy and lends itself very well to strip piecing. I am thinking that I will use it to make a quilt for our cheer coachcas as a farewell gift since this is my daughters last year on the squad. Elisabrat if I get a job I will for sure join your swap. Right now I have to be careful with money while I am unemployed. Ugh. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Blog Entries
    J, does the pattern have a name? Is it the spinning stars? I love paper piecing and this one looks like a fun one. I have been collecting heart fabric for a quilt for me. This might be the pattern.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

For those of you who no longer look at the thread for Rhonda's Fourth Wallhanging Swap, I though I would post a link to the wallhanging that I just received from Ube Quilting. http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...ml#post6428623

Hey Everose, skaduzy sent me the pattern. It uses a 60 degree triangle but I adapted for strip piecing. I think it is a Spinning Star - it is pretty simple as long as you watch your fabric orientation.

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone. Just got the news that Bilben received her package so I guess Rs 4thWHS is officially over with a happy ending and every WH I saw in the swap is so cool.

I missed being on line for a while from having an illness that struck me for three days. All better now though. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

Now I can pay attention better to this current WH which, for me, isn't even on the drawing board yet.

JNCT14: The little table runner is really nice. You are busy. Would you tell us how you stripped pieced it, please?
    peace

Sure - its a 4 3/4 by 8 1/8 rectangle. Place your contrasting fabrics with right sides together and cut on the diagonal. Make sure you always cut in the same direction!!!!! Then sew your triangles together. You will need 3 triangles for each half of the block. Each triangle gets sewn to the long right side of the previous triangle until you have the half. Sew the 2 halves together. For the white background (or any light color), cut the rectangle with right sides together of the white. Then sew to the block corners. This should give you the correct orientation.

More busyness, but no colleagues to sew for so more time. I just finished this one for my daughter's friend and cheer co-captain for her 18th birthday. I rarely repeat a pattern but I liked this so much that I have already started piecing one for me. I saw the pattern on the board but no directions so I had to try and figure them out - as a result I think I cut things wrong because I keep cutting off the points!!!! grrr - hopefully no one will notice. Also my first attempt at an all over FMQ pattern rather than quilting within each block.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast