Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10 >

Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10

Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10

Old 09-17-2012, 04:27 PM

Default Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #10

OK Group #10.....here is your own thread for you to post ideas, progress, rules you decide on and of course PICTURES for us all to look at. If ya'll have any problems, please let your Group Leader know and she will contact me or you can contact me directly.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!

Group 10
Leader - ssnare
MaryLane
mimim
Jclinganrey
Wonnie

Last edited by Qbee; 09-17-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:51 PM

I am here. Welcome to you all.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:52 PM

Hello, all! So excited. Can't wait to hear what everyone is doing. I am still dithering.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:59 PM

First, my name is Sherry. What are your names?
Old 09-17-2012, 08:50 PM

Hi from Mississippi, my name is Barbara and I'm very excited about doing this. I've almost finished my row.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:23 PM

YooHoo from Ohio...my name is Yvonne and I've never done one of these before but I'm excited. Gosh, how is it so many have their rows finished already...did I miss a deadline or something???????????? My colors are black, gray, white and taupe or camel (either one). The quilts I've done have been traditional and I really wanted something different so the theme I chose was, "The City". I'm willing to change my theme if any one feels it doesn't offer enough options for 5 rows but will stick with those colors. Also, have a question...I have a a layer cake and a jelly roll I would like to use but it would be a nightmare to hand wash each one. How do others handle that? Or are precuts just not permitted? Anxious to hear from you all!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:29 AM

The reason I have a finished row is that I was in a row robin and I did not like the way it came out before, so I took it apart and decided to start over. LOL. The rows do not have to be finished and sent until Dec. 1, so don't sweat the part about being finished. Besides, I have already changed my mind once. I am doing 2 different ones. I think the city is a great theme. I do not know what a layer cake is. Isn't that 10 1/2" squares? I put my fabric in the bathroom sink and put hot water in to see if anything bleeds. I hand wash each piece that I am going to use. Others have put items in a mesh bag to wash. Pick what you want to use for each block and just wash that amount at a time. That is my opinion. Precuts are allowed.

The row that I have finished theme is florals in blue, cream, cranberry. I will be sending a sashing with this one. I still have to wash and make the sashings. I had pictures in the original thread of this one. Then the other row will be butterflies made from hankies. I have been collecting hankies and can send some along if people want me to. The part that I do not know, is how to embroider the head and antennae of the butterflies. I have not decided which group to do which row in yet.

What are the themes you all have picked, if you have picked a theme yet? I want us to show pictures as we progress. We will want to pick a name for our group. In the last row robin I was in, we sent a little notebook along for each of us to write in and put our name and address and any information we wanted to add about our thoughts when we were working on each quilt top. We also sent a large label that each one could sign , date and where we lived, so when the top came back home, we could put the label on the back. We can do that if we want to. This is our group and we will get to know each other and have fun together. I like to talk alot, so keep posting. If you have any questions, ask and we will try and help each other.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:47 AM

Oh, Sherry, you'll discover I am FULL of questions! I'm, also, a "rule follower" so that's why. When you say you'll send sashing.....do you mean for around each block? What if someone does a complete row? Are you sending sashing for between each row as well? If you're not sure what order you'd like the completed rows to be in can you detach them and rearrange them without upsetting anyone since we will be attaching them one to the other?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:51 AM

I will send sashing between the rows. I did a whole row last time without blocks. Someone had said they were going to send sashing and corners, but that will not work if someone does a whole row. The row I did was a winter snow man scene.
We can decide if we want the rows attached. Personally, I want the rows attached, that way, there is less chance of loosing something. Each person can show pictures and ask if the original owner wants the row on the top or bottom. When we mail our first row, we can state if we want the row vertical or horizontal, we can also state if we want our row on top or in the center. We want to compliment the row we receive and try to follow the theme the original owner would like. In the last group, if we were having difficulty picking from several fabrics in our stash, we sent pictures for someone to choose which they liked the best. Some wanted to see the rows as they progressed and one or two wanted to be surprised.
I need to mention that I have severe allergies to scents, cats, dogs, and smoke. These trigger asthma attacks. So please use unscented Best Press starch , if you use starch on my row.

Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
Oh, Sherry, you'll discover I am FULL of questions! I'm, also, a "rule follower" so that's why. When you say you'll send sashing.....do you mean for around each block? What if someone does a complete row? Are you sending sashing for between each row as well? If you're not sure what order you'd like the completed rows to be in can you detach them and rearrange them without upsetting anyone since we will be attaching them one to the other?

Last edited by ssnare; 09-18-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:31 AM

Default Hello fellow group #10 members!

Good morning, group!!!

My name is Jane and I'm very excited to be in this group. This is my first Row Robin too, and I'm sure we'll have a great adventure together. I like the idea of sending along a notebook and a label.

My theme is 30's reproduction fabric on a white tone-on-tone background. Any pieced blocks are great. All I ask is, please no embroidered blocks. My row is nearly finished too. I'm a huge fan of Bonnie Hunter who 'preaches' about leaders and enders. That is how I've been working on my blocks. (Google her name if you don't know who she is). I've been making 6" bow tie blocks and have to decide how I want to set them. Hhhhhhmmmm . . . .

I have an idea/suggestion for us to consider: is it okay with everyone if we DO NOT attach one row to the next? That way, we can put them in whatever order we like. Also, we can add the sashing as Sherry mentioned. Thoughts???

'I did a whole row last time withoug blocks'- - - Sherry, how do you mean? Please explain.

This is going to be great fun!!

Jane

Last edited by jclinganrey; 09-18-2012 at 08:36 AM.