Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #5 >

Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #5

Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #5

Old 11-17-2012, 07:36 PM

Busy busy day started my blocks. GD's dog got a long skin cut he hates me now had to sew it up. Got one block done cows got into hay fixed fence, got next block done had eggs start hatching 50 more quail. Got next block done had to go feed locked myself in sewing room and just finnish. And here it is, now the label and then its on its ways
Attached Thumbnails diva-quilt-001.jpg   diva-quilt-002.jpg  
Old 11-17-2012, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
My first row from Mama Hauser has arrived! Yeah!
I go by "Kelly" most days I won't get mad if you call me that, I swear!
Old 11-18-2012, 06:37 AM

lol @ Kelly -- so you still have a name? So many of us moms seem to go by Such and Such's Mom. Some days I forget mine!

Roda, I love your Diva saying. It's perfect!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:03 AM

Hi there all. Pat I will get my row in the mail today. I am still with my mom, they are expecting mom to pass today, there Are a lot of family here so it would be nice to step out and go to the post office. Boy all of the photos of everyones rows look awesome. I haven't been home and in my sewing room for about 2 1/2 weeks. I am anxious to get home and dive into my quilts. I am also a little nervous about what I come up with for all of your rows but I really am looking forward to the challenge! Kelly, thank you for the sweet offer of pumpkin bread we really do make friends with this project and this quilting board don't we? However Kelly it is the holidays so you just take care of your family but the offer was so sweet! I truly appreciate the offer! Now I will try to take a picture of my row to post but I have never posted a picture before but I will give it a shot!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:30 PM

Hi All, Judy please don't worry about your quilt row. You have a couple weeks yet and then I am not worried if u take longer. right now you have more important things to think about. My prayers are with you right now.
Happy sewing
Pat
Old 11-19-2012, 01:23 PM

Pat, I got your row today! It's going to sit and stare at me for a week or two until I finish up my boom blocks (I've only got 10 left). You're #1 on the list after that!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 PM

Hi Kelly, Glad you got it. You can deal with it anyway u want to... It's gone from my hands was all I was worried about. You do have to tell me what a boom block is. Please Happy sewing to all.
Pat
Group # 5
Old 11-19-2012, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pat_sews View Post
You do have to tell me what a boom block is.
The boomerang swap is where you send all your group members a F8. They make a block with it and send it back. You do the same. So the fabric goes out and comes back - that way you get however many blocks to make a quilt (or quilts) that are all different but have your fabric as the common thread (so to speak).

Right now, I think we're on boomerang 8. April (LovingIzabella) runs the booms and she says we're going to start signups for the next one in January. It's a lot of fun and I've had a good time doing them! And I was in a group of 38 to start with 2 side swaps - so I'll have 40 total blocks and be able to make 2 or 3 baby quilts or one big quit from them.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:13 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun. I am starting a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt on the 23. Ive enjoyed looking at her quilts and pattrns and decided its time to try a mystery quilt. This is my year to step out of the box. My hubby thinks it should be the year I finish the box. LOL meaning my UFO box. I just hope I can keep up with her. She is a dynamo. I don't know anyone that sews / quilts as much as she does.. I will see how this R x R goes and the mystery and maybe next year I can do a boom swap. thanks for answering my questions.
Happy sewing
Pat
Old 11-20-2012, 11:27 AM

I'm working on a practice block for Kelly's quilt right now. I've always avoided flying geese because I've heard horror stories. Oddly the first one I did came out OK. Maybe they are not as tough as I thought they would be. I think this swap will be a great thing for forcing me out of my comfort zone a little. How many reproduction quilts can one girl make before she needs to branch out?!