Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

Here is a sneak pic.

Name:  photo-33.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  46.9 KB

Here is a pic a few weeks ago, Hubby and I were going out on a date for the first time since December. And I don't know why it puts them in sideways, they are the correct direction when I load them.

Name:  photo-34.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  104.9 KB

BIG FAVOR TO ASK! Could yall look at the followng link and tell me which quilt to make, I am a beginner/novice quilter. One of my husband's coworkers is from Mexico and they are having a baby boy this June. I have been looking for something that speaks of their heritage and then I found these books with the quilt that goes with it. Please advise, thank you in advance!!!!!!

http://quarterinchpublishing.com/qua...lishingwebsite

Quote Originally Posted by sikesjj View Post
    BIG FAVOR TO ASK! Could yall look at the followng link and tell me which quilt to make, I am a beginner/novice quilter. One of my husband's coworkers is from Mexico and they are having a baby boy this June. I have been looking for something that speaks of their heritage and then I found these books with the quilt that goes with it. Please advise, thank you in advance!!!!!!

http://quarterinchpublishing.com/qua...lishingwebsite
    The Tortilla Quilt will probably be the easiest. The Tamale Quilt would be my 2nd suggestion. I love Confetti Eggs, but it would probably be too challenging for a beginner unless you're comfortable with applique.

OK, we're off to the movies! Jack the Giant Killer!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I like the tamale one it's a double T block. You wouldn't have to buy the pattern just google it for a free pattern and make any number of blocks you want, depending on how big you want to make it. Then just sew the blocks together, put a sashing on it, bind it and you're done. If you make 12" finished blocks, 3 across and 4 down,12 total you'll have a quilt 36X48 the add sashing , plenty large enough for a baby quilt.

Blog Entries
    I too, am loving the sneak peeks of the projects. Also, thanks for a pic of you sykesjj....even if you are sideways still pretty. The countdown is on for us. Hurray. Glad to know everyone is clicking along and will be fun to see what we all receive. I have not been able to get IE to connect to internet today. Hope it is only them working on something and nothing wrong with my computer. We are right in the middle of genealogy and don't want to have to transfer files, let alone buy a new computer. Happy project completion to everyone.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Whew! We don't want to talk about countdowns for another week or so yet, lol. I'll be inboxing anyone I haven't touched base with lately over the weekend. So, if you haven't posted a progress report or emailed me lately, now's the time!

I thought I was going to have to go work on one of my bookkeeping jobs this weekend, but I can't get hold of him, so this may turn out to be a quilting weekend! I'm 2 steps from putting together Nancia's runner for Anastasia's swap, which I plan to finish either tonight or in the morning. I totally forgot to order my labels after Christmas, so I gotta get on that this weekend too. I may have them in time for this swap, but probably not in time for Nancia's runner's due date. Customlabels4u.com seems to have a decent deal, so we'll see. I'll get on it tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    hey, sikesjj, very pretty! is that beautiful child in your avatar your beautiful daughter jayla?
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

I'm back! long few past days but here I am. Lovely hair do's ladies and for those of us who live life sideways love the pic too so young looking all of you. My description of my now not so ash blonde more dead field mouse color if you asked me with skunk streaking in the front middle. stunning I know. I have so missed sewing havent done it since Monday and when I get enough sleep in I will take it up again maybe by Sunday. nap and I need a nap I think right now but all went well with the angioplasty and I should be able to rock and roll like normal TADA!

I hope you all missed me tremendously and are so thrilled to know trouble is back in town. Nancia I think one is never too old for feathers or colored strips or peace signs if they like them. I am a fashion palate in my flannel plaid shirts and sweat pants and little leather loafers. I say knock em dead in whatever brings you joy. I find joy watching everyone else peacock up.

I hear Tracibug was planning on helping me out on getting home. Traci, thank you for such kind thoughts and willingness to assist a friend in need. I so much appreciate your sweet kindness. I drove there, wore out, did my hospital thing then dialysis wore me out, took one day to try to recover ha, then drove my weary rear end home. for those who are not in the know it is a three hour drive and I dont usually drive more than the four miles up the hill. so bay area traffic hell and me, when 80 is not good enough I say have at it. I am not playing this game yikes. getting old at 51 I guess. we have two lanes here on our highway. no stop lights in town. just not like it down there at all. dont miss it slightly.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    sikesjj - you're a pretty lady; checked out your quilt patterns and like the tamale quilt best.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    hey, dearest brat, glad your rear end made it home. any guesstimates when the rest of you will arrive? glad the angioplasty went well. soon as my back improves i am ready to do coast-to-coast rockin' and rollin' with you! did i tell you i sat next to chubby checkers at the airport? yup! i whispered to my dd "that man looks just like chubby checkers'. naturally she gave me a blank look. youth is so wasted on the young!! and then this big ole tourbus pulls up and says in huge letters, chubby checkers! i wish i had said hi and told him of all the twisting contests i won in the day. guess that's why i'm so twisted now!lol
    and just so you know, little brat, i was just thinking i hadn't seen your smiling posts in some time and wondered if you had been sucked into the dialysis machine, or volunteered your veins to anastasia. with us, anything is possible!

Blog Entries
    Hey Brat glad you made it home safe and sound and that things went well for you in City. I asked my stylist what my natural color of hair is and she told me med - dark ash blonde; in other words field mouse brown with a few white hairs tossed in the mix - now I have an old favorite color from back in my youth and I'm lovin it. I used to be a real girlie girl with hair and make-up - now I'm trying to find my way with a little blush and mascara and lip gloss; poked myself in the eye a few times this week and made myself late for work - grrrrr.

Just finished making Hummingbird Muffins for quilt club tomorrow morning - new recipe from Mr. Foods; can't understand why they call them muffins when they have a cake mix base - my mind says they should be cupcakes and not muffins; maybe the person that created the recipe could only find a muffin tin and that's why they called them muffins; who ever heard of a cupcake tin anyway.

Need to get pointers from some of my fellow quilters tomorrow - having problems with sewing circles - they're making me dizzy.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Nancia that is my Jayla Claire Bear. We were going out to eat last night and she was in the bathroom "fixing" her hair, my husband rolled his eyes and said "So it begins!", she will be four in June but I guess she is going on 15. Makes me sad, wish I could freeze her at this age!!!

Brat, so glad you are back in the comfort of your own home! What a trek you go through, I didn't realize you lived that far out of the city! Hope you get your pep back in your step soon!!!!

Elisabrat! I was about to send out a search party for you! I'm glad you made it home safe and everything went well. Rest up girly, there's lots of fabric calling your name!

I'm going to spend an hour or so playing Pioneer Trail, then it's off to the sewing room. My boyfriend has already cranked up the working music in the office, across from my sewing room, so we'll just jam out for a while!

Glad you made it home safe...

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    I'm back! long few past days but here I am. Lovely hair do's ladies and for those of us who live life sideways love the pic too so young looking all of you. My description of my now not so ash blonde more dead field mouse color if you asked me with skunk streaking in the front middle. stunning I know. I have so missed sewing havent done it since Monday and when I get enough sleep in I will take it up again maybe by Sunday. nap and I need a nap I think right now but all went well with the angioplasty and I should be able to rock and roll like normal TADA!

I hope you all missed me tremendously and are so thrilled to know trouble is back in town. Nancia I think one is never too old for feathers or colored strips or peace signs if they like them. I am a fashion palate in my flannel plaid shirts and sweat pants and little leather loafers. I say knYock em dead in whatever brings you joy. I find joy watching everyone else peacock up.

I hear Tracibug was planning on helping me out on getting home. Traci, thank you for such kind thoughts and willingness to assist a friend in need. I so much appreciate your sweet kindness. I drove there, wore out, did my hospital thing then dialysis wore me out, took one day to try to recover ha, then drove my weary rear end home. for those who are not in the know it is a three hour drive and I dont usually drive more than the four miles up the hill. so bay area traffic hell and me, when 80 is not good enough I say have at it. I am not playing this game yikes. getting old at 51 I guess. we have two lanes here on our highway. no stop lights in town. just not like it down there at all. dont miss it slightly.

Blog Entries
    Hurray! I finished the main project for the SHDS today. Just have to find a piece of cardboard and will try something new. If it works out, I will post pics before I ship it off (once we get the ok) :-) Might have to go to grocery store. I need a piece 12 x 14.5 inches. Still want to make a smaller little thing to send along with it but just have idea rolling around in my mind. Hope to get started on it by Monday. Linda, I missed you funny postings and Nancia, hope your back is better soon.
    Dab, did your friends help you out with straightening out circles??? :-)

Hooray Sandy! I'll have to make sure to put you on my list. The man still hasn't put Excel on my new lappy yet, but it's on my old one over in the corner. You might send me an inbox note to be sure I don't miss ya.

I'll be working on mine tomorrow. I got Nancia's runner finished, well, if I don't get an uncontrollable urge to try some FMQ on it when I get what I hope will be the right foot for my sewing machine on Tuesday or Wednesday. Ordered two today from Amazon that say they'll work, but one never knows. I still have a couple other projects to finish too, but they're not on a deadline.

I had to order a walking foot and I am waiting on it to finish my project. I know I had one but can't find it anywhere, I think my two helper, Jayla and Beau helped put it up. Can't wait until we build our house and I have a room where I can lock them out, right now my sewing area is my desk that I also use for my computer in the living room corner. Hope everyone has a great Sunday, we are goin to church, out to our land to look at house placement, then home and I declare that I shall quilt and see today.

Blog Entries
    ok ladies, i have been working on the project fo rhere and well its coming along great, so a hint as to who it might be, well in your address is a flower, and u like one of the same colors i do, thats it for now, i will show a sneak peek of a corner tomrow, with a comment on it, enjoying this swap lots and lots,
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Blog Entries
    oooo,ooooo! i live on geranium rd!! that's a flower!!! and if you love purple, yellow, green and orange, then you could be talking about me!! is is me??????? oh, yeah, and red and pink and purple and blue (not as much as the others, but i do like it) and any other colors, like roy g biv! who else has a flower in their address?

Well I know it's not me, lol. No flower names in my neighborhood even. I do have something for Nancia though! Neener neener!

Nancia, are there any colors you don't like? Sounds like you like them all!

I won't say

Blog Entries
    Woo Hoo! I made an 'unusual' home decor project for my swap partner and sure hope she likes it. I can't show you yet because if I do, she will know it is for her, as it features some critter she likes. This is just a little something to go along with the regular 'normal' home decor project. Ok...since you twisted my arm...I will tell you what the unusual thing is and you all can tell me if it is crazy! ..I hate it when the toilet lid is up and clunks against the topper on the tank so I took a table scarf that was embroidered really nicely but had cigarette burns in the middle (who knows where I got it but could not throw it out). I cut out the middle and the edge of the scarf has a curved edge that comes down and the lid touches it instead of clunking. So I thought that I could make up my own. Not sure how many folks would even want such a thing but it came out so nice that it can be used for a table/dresser scarf on something else. I know they make those fuzzy lid covers but hubby says they are too dangerous and don't stay up good so we don't have them in our house. So...all of you lucky folks will soon get to see a picture of it and the normal thing, too. LOL!

I really hope you guys do this swap again... I want to do it!!
    Megan
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/K9Creative
    Happiness is a new quilt and an old dog.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post
    Woo Hoo! I made an 'unusual' home decor project for my swap partner and sure hope she likes it. I can't show you yet because if I do, she will know it is for her, as it features some critter she likes. This is just a little something to go along with the regular 'normal' home decor project. Ok...since you twisted my arm...I will tell you what the unusual thing is and you all can tell me if it is crazy! ..I hate it when the toilet lid is up and clunks against the topper on the tank so I took a table scarf that was embroidered really nicely but had cigarette burns in the middle (who knows where I got it but could not throw it out). I cut out the middle and the edge of the scarf has a curved edge that comes down and the lid touches it instead of clunking. So I thought that I could make up my own. Not sure how many folks would even want such a thing but it came out so nice that it can be used for a table/dresser scarf on something else. I know they make those fuzzy lid covers but hubby says they are too dangerous and don't stay up good so we don't have them in our house. So...all of you lucky folks will soon get to see a picture of it and the normal thing, too. LOL!
    Cool, does it lay on the top of the tank and hand down a bit? I hate that clunking sound!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast