Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013 >

SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

Old 02-04-2013, 09:25 AM

QuiltingKrazy I would love to do that to my desk as well - with my luck I would end up with snags - there was a time I was hoping to save enough to get a Tracy Table - they're custom made in Wisconsin; one of the LQS sells them; if I could get the measurement I could have one of our subs price it out for me and have it made with my color choices.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:43 PM

that would be wonderful, dabbler! i just bought a sewing cabinet on-line from jo-ann's. it is in a bunch of pieces on my fam room sofa and floor. i am throwing out the old desk i had the machine on. keeping my arms lifted while quilting was really tiring! i hope this new cabinet will work. it has an airlift to raise and lower the machine. i also bought the gidgetII. i went to move it and it crashed. i was so glad my machine wasn't on it! i thought about cutting into the top of the desk but there wouldn't be any strong infrastructure since there are drawers not support pieces. also, the wood is dry and old and not in a good antiquey way. so....out it goes! i would be scared to death to put a power tool in my husband's hands. chainsaw massacre 3, the book, the movie!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:47 PM

Oh nancia wish I lived closer to you, trust me my hubby could save it in a heart beat!! Makes me sad you are dumpng it..... I totally understand though....pretty soon it's just frustrating
Old 02-04-2013, 10:06 PM

Awww... I'm so totally bummed I missed this one... I sure hope it's done again! I love the idea!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 AM

jan-- i've had it since hi school. i bought it at an auction and the man in front of me bought the rug that i wanted to go with it. he surprised me by literally turning around and giving it to me. the desk cost $7.50 and i didn't have enough money left over to buy the rug, too. that man was very nice and i've never forgotten it.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:35 AM

I guess it has had its lifetime then. Funny things those little acts of kindness that we remember for so many years isn't it?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:52 PM

Nancia this is why you never go on a DIET. its either a lifestyle change or its a no deal. And let me say yes I read the description prior to my posting? the answer was and still is ah h.ll no. no no and no. It is harmless for me. I own little I share a lot and well I think it gives me too much pleasure which I need seriously in my day that no way. I have had a tough year and this is one of my big joys in my day. So.. have fun. Better yet clear out those closets of unwanted fabric send it slow boat all to me. That is how I have my bigger bang of fabric as it is. Without it I couldnt afford to be here now. I donated all my fabric last spring with everything quilty else too. I am just starting back up since July and let me tell you clean your closets out and relieve yourself of all that fabric burdon. I am so happy to help you on this cleansing act.. its almost like using it up but at twice the speed. also: its amazing how creative you do get when you need to use what you have. it isnt always practical however.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:56 PM

oh oh I bought a pile of pretty necklaces for mardi gras, some sparkly happy valentines hangings, st. patrics day lanterns and candy and pasta and oh oh several other little things for a whopping 12.40 today at the dollar store. sometimes you gotta love them. ok did I need sparkly little things no but wait yes yes I did. I put them in the window near my sewing and they make me happy. they might make someone else smile too so they are worth it. big time spender I know. come on 18 necklaces for a buck? really? oh ok fine. do I decorate for mardi gras. no I don't. but it wont stop me from wearing all of them at once if need be. just because.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:12 PM

Nothing wrong with sparkles... my cutting space has been getting adorned with owls lately. Christmas clearance ones, valentine ones, whatever I can get my hands and few pennies on!

We still sewing on Sunday? What do you need brought to you from the big ole city!?!?

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
oh oh I bought a pile of pretty necklaces for mardi gras, some sparkly happy valentines hangings, st. patrics day lanterns and candy and pasta and oh oh several other little things for a whopping 12.40 today at the dollar store. sometimes you gotta love them. ok did I need sparkly little things no but wait yes yes I did. I put them in the window near my sewing and they make me happy. they might make someone else smile too so they are worth it. big time spender I know. come on 18 necklaces for a buck? really? oh ok fine. do I decorate for mardi gras. no I don't. but it wont stop me from wearing all of them at once if need be. just because.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:10 PM

Elisabrat, I could have sent you some fabric I tossed recently. It was that gold and brown patterned fake velvet they used for upholstery in the 70's, lol. It was TERRIBLE! It was in the big lot of fabric I bought for $25. You wouldn't believe the trash and treasure that was in that $25...