Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 58 of 157 FirstFirst ... 8 48 57 58 59 68 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 3909

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
    I don't know about that! Bet I could get to Sulabugs just as fast as you could! All I have to do is go outside & fire up all 500 hp, jump in & start grabbing some gears! "Big Boy" isn't governed like all those company trucks are! He'll do 100 in lickity split! Then all I need do is turn on the GPS for co-ordinates to Sulabug's. Yes, I do miss driving him! I'd get out there on the open road, open him up & just sit back & ride! Loved those Western states where the speed limit was above 70 mph! He never liked crawling through California though!

Cindy.........you can fire up that "BIG BOY" & come & get me any time. I'll be ready for you!! I love a good adventure.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post

Cindy.........you can fire up that "BIG BOY" & come & get me any time. I'll be ready for you!! I love a good adventure.
    Oh the places I've been, the things that I've seen! 20 years on the road & now all I want is to stay home & play! Besides which, I just got a new furbaby! A little orange & white kitty to go along with my 2 poodles. It's really funny, if I want to know where kitty is, all I have to do is look for Cindy Lou & I'll find it. (Cindy Lou is a standard poodle, 60 lbs). Duke (the 8 lb one) could care less about miss kitty. Don't have a name for her yet, DH says something that ends in e. Her name will come soon as I figure out her personality.

Blog Entries
    Oh the places I've been, the things that I've seen! 20 years on the road & now all I want is to stay home & play! Besides which, I just got a new furbaby! A little orange & white kitty to go along with my 2 poodles. It's really funny, if I want to know where kitty is, all I have to do is look for Cindy Lou & I'll find it. (Cindy Lou is a standard poodle, 60 lbs). Duke (the 8 lb one) could care less about miss kitty. Don't have a name for her yet, DH says something that ends in e. Her name will come soon as I figure out her personality.
    We got two kittens this summer. The first was planned for a couple years. We decided when our older cats were between 8-10 we would get one kitten. Which we did. We named out Torti Lizzie, as she was (and still) leaps everywhere. Thus Lizzie the leaping lizard.

3 weeks later our beautiful older male cat dropped dead. It was a huge shock, Patches was only 9 and had been in good health.

A week later we headed back go the pet store and there was the funniest looking black and white cat with a black moustache. We went back 2 days later and he was still there. We called him Charlie after Charlie Chaplin.

It was awhile later that I realized some people thought we had named them after Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles.

Both kittens came from pet stores that sell rescue/feral kittens that have been fostered and socialized prior to sale.

Way off topic, but both of the kittens were hanging out on my SS bag. Today is wrapping day, the first time I have tried to wrap a gift since getting the kittens. It should be fun.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Having fun reading about everyone's adventures and shopping! I have picked up a little here and there. I'm a first timer to this as well, but I am excited. Hope the little elf I have enjoys what I have gotten her. If not sorry about your luck.LOL
    Just KIDDING!.... I do hope you enjoy them!...
    Penny
    Country 1

Blog Entries
    Aw Tothill, What a neat story. Have fun wrapping. I'll bet your furr babies try to be very helpful to you. lOl (wink)
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
    WOW people are sending and receiving boxes already! I best get my behind in gear! Today I finished up one of the handmade items, that one took a bit to make, I sure hope she likes it. I will be mailing a bit closer to the deadline. I want to shop at my favorite quilt store in Glendive, Montana first. I won't be up there until next week. I always find such wonderfully fun items there!
    Yeah, I cant' send mine till after the first of the month. But I do have it almost full!!
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
    Well i got my secret santa package and yes they have bells i can hear them when i pick it up and shack it around lol. I will be good .I put it in the corner of my living room my 16 pound cat max sits on it,his new home.Thank you secret santa.
    Wow, 16 pounds, he's a big boy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
    I agree with dreamer. I for one love suprises. But if you must know...I have a cat named Angel that loves to push me off my single bed when she gets cold.
    Love it!!! One of mine is a fat girl and she loves to sleep on BOTH my pillows and kick me off too!!

Well, miss kitty has discovered she likes quilts! Here she is snoozing on one of my sampler pieces I did on the longarm. Took her out to the studio & she had fun playing with the scraps that I dropped or anything she could find. I wouldn't mind naming her Quilty, but I don't think DH would go for that one! Any suggestions???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Patches! What a cute kitty. She needs a warm washcloth in her little eyes.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-21-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Peppermint - and yes, nice warm washcloth to clean those sleepy eyes
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

nah....doesn't resemble that at all. DH says something that ends with the sound eeeeeee. That's why I thought Quilty.

Blog Entries
    nah....doesn't resemble that at all. DH says something that ends with the sound eeeeeee. That's why I thought Quilty.
    My DH looked at kitty and said it looked like a Sam to him. I said it was a girl and he said, "Sammy, short for Samantha". He didn't know anything about the eeee part. LOL
    Happy Quilting.

Blog Entries
    I have a big white long haired cat, and he (charlie) is getting old. I have 4 dogs that are bigger, and we recently took in a little half shiht-tzu and half yorkie. How do I get these other bigger dogs to ever accept the little yappy dog? It is a real challenge. hehe
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

It's believed that kitties respond better to names that end with the eee noise. But I have one that is named Muesli (he's the 20lber) and I call him Mues mainly.. and the other is named Turtle, and I call her TurtleTurtleTurtle.. It doesn't really matter what you call them.. hehe.
    What's a female sound name for Boss lady.. hehe cause she's gonna be your quilting supervisor. My kitten Turtle can't NOT touch fabric. omg is like a magnet.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Blog Entries
    Well, miss kitty has discovered she likes quilts! Here she is snoozing on one of my sampler pieces I did on the longarm. Took her out to the studio & she had fun playing with the scraps that I dropped or anything she could find. I wouldn't mind naming her Quilty, but I don't think DH would go for that one! Any suggestions???

she lools like a little tomboy girl.
    would call her Charleeeeeee
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    ok, this is making me nervous! Ya'll are talking about mailing several boxes. I understood that one "requirement" for this this swap is-4 fat quarters. and to spend no more than 20 bucks. we can shop our stash and make whatever else we like to send. first timer here so am I on the right path here? I don't want to disappoint anyone!
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you got it just right. Some people have a very large stash with lots of extras already put back. I can honestly say, I may be going a bit over $20. Inflation...and not a very large varied stash. And, I am getting a bit creative on the homemade items. But, unfortunately, it won't be tremendously over. I have a very limited budget at the moment. But, I don't think my Secret Giftee will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
    ok, this is making me nervous! Ya'll are talking about mailing several boxes. I understood that one "requirement" for this this swap is-4 fat quarters. and to spend no more than 20 bucks. we can shop our stash and make whatever else we like to send. first timer here so am I on the right path here? I don't want to disappoint anyone!

Blog Entries
    Last year, I was right at the $20 dollar mark. It was fun. A first time for me also. I also was very nervous. I think if you just keep it quilt related you'll be good. Unless of course, your Secret giftee gave you other suggestions.

Blog Entries
    I have shopped my stash, bought the fat quarters and a few small gifts. I made a few items as well with things I had on hand.

I think my recipient will be happy with what I am sending, even though I have had to watch my spending.

I showed the unwrapped items to my mil tonight and she is jealous (she does not sew, but is a painter).
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Blog Entries
    Sounds awesome. I'm sure your secret gifted will be so suprised.i don't know about y'all, but, it makes me feel like a kid wondering if thry'll like it or not. And,I so totally know I'm way over thinking it. Lol

Blog Entries
    overthinking is easy to do; specially if you don't know the person.
    I keep going back to it's just supposed to be fun.

I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    overthinking is easy to do; specially if you don't know the person.
    I keep going back to it's just supposed to be fun.

Dreamer is right. Just have fun. I am sure I will like whatever you all send me.
    Happy Quilting.

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 View Post
    Dreamer is right. Just have fun. I am sure I will like whatever you all send me.
    well, thank you to all who responded! I feel better. I am sewing a few things and am chanting c'mon, don't screw this up" lol. Now I can relax and enjoy the making and sewing and planning
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
    well, thank you to all who responded! I feel better. I am sewing a few things and am chanting c'mon, don't screw this up" lol. Now I can relax and enjoy the making and sewing and planning
    Just relax, enjoy what you are making & let your creative side take over! I'm having way too much fun sewing little things to go in the box! I keep thinking of more to put in there!

Page 58 of 157 FirstFirst ... 8 48 57 58 59 68 108 ... LastLast