Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 59 of 157 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 3909

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

  1. #1451
    Super Member Leota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,634
    A lot of us "veterans" will shop for SS all year long. We also get items that are on "too good to pass up" sales. This way, you don't break the budget and you have an awesome box for your giftee without the major stress... If there are specific items and you want to get those you can... The down side of this is practice results in the gift box usually IS over the $ limit.

  2. #1452
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    uniontown.ky
    Posts
    482
    hey ladies just want to let a few know my phone is down,, it keeps sayin no service ,,call my son and ask if his phone is workin and he laugh,,and said mom you just call me....lol so untill i get it fix i wont be on here ,,went to friends house to check in,,hope to see uall soon
    Sherrie

  3. #1453
    Super Member Nelco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Springfield, OR
    Posts
    1,687
    Name:  angel 258.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  114.9 KBThis is Angel making sure the lap quilt I made for her mom (my sis) is just right.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

  4. #1454
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Florida
    Posts
    4,609
    Blog Entries
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
    Well, miss kitty has discovered she likes quilts! Here she is snoozing on one of my sampler pieces I did on the longarm. Took her out to the studio & she had fun playing with the scraps that I dropped or anything she could find. I wouldn't mind naming her Quilty, but I don't think DH would go for that one! Any suggestions???
    She looks like a Winnie to me. So sweet.

  5. #1455
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Florida
    Posts
    4,609
    Blog Entries
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
    ok, this is making me nervous! Ya'll are talking about mailing several boxes. I understood that one "requirement" for this this swap is-4 fat quarters. and to spend no more than 20 bucks. we can shop our stash and make whatever else we like to send. first timer here so am I on the right path here? I don't want to disappoint anyone!
    Please have fun with your Secret Santa gift. It's all about fun here.

  6. #1456
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Florida
    Posts
    4,609
    Blog Entries
    45
    Who likes batiks???

    Name:  batik 25.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  36.4 KB

    Name:  batik 26.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  76.7 KB

    Name:  batik 27.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  68.7 KB

    Pretty, pretty, pretties!!!! Oh Santa Claws, where are you???? We all need batiks to make pretty, pretty pretties!!!

    And no calories like those bad, bad, super bad cookies everyone is talking about. LOL

  7. #1457
    Junior Member x7lillies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by annthreecats View Post
    Who likes batiks???
    Name:  batik 26.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  76.7 KB
    Love that green one!!!
    - Kim

    kimkolbquilts.etsy.com

  8. #1458
    Super Member Vanogay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    1,133
    [QUOTE=annthreecats;5604291]Who likes batiks???
    I do so love the batiks - and the three you posted are nice. I try to use them in with my Asian fabrics - they blend so well.
    Kathleen

    Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

  9. #1459
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Florida
    Posts
    4,609
    Blog Entries
    45
    Those batiks can be found at ConnectingThreads.com. The prices are nice as well.

  10. #1460
    Power Poster JuneBillie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    11,625
    Blog Entries
    1
    Is everyone trying to get everything listed on the ss info?
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

    Susan

  11. #1461
    Super Member Pat625's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    1,640
    the wish list should just be to give you ideas- not to buy it all!!....I didn't give any real ideas as I prefer to be suprised...Just relax and enjoy getting the stuff....I finished my shopping today and will be wrapping and getting the box sent out by the end of the week

  12. #1462
    Power Poster RedGarnet222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    14,676
    Sent off another one today.... :~)
    RedGarnet222

    "Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

  13. #1463
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,998
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
    ok, this is making me nervous! Ya'll are talking about mailing several boxes. I understood that one "requirement" for this this swap is-4 fat quarters. and to spend no more than 20 bucks. we can shop our stash and make whatever else we like to send. first timer here so am I on the right path here? I don't want to disappoint anyone!
    cherrio, as I stated in the rules, people can be generous. You can send more than one package if you like, it's ok. If you want to send your original one, then maybe you go shopping and see a couple fat quarters that you think your SS would like, you can get those, put them in an envelope and send them out...marked Secret Santa, of course. Doesn't matter. This is all in fun. This isn't to make others feel bad. I think last year, one lady got a few packages sent to her. She had fat quarters in one envelope, then a small package with some other things in it and then another with some other things in it. It all added up to the rules, so you can pick and choose if you like. Some people like to drive others crazy.

  14. #1464
    Super Member Pat625's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
    cherrio, as I stated in the rules, people can be generous. You can send more than one package if you like, it's ok. If you want to send your original one, then maybe you go shopping and see a couple fat quarters that you think your SS would like, you can get those, put them in an envelope and send them out...marked Secret Santa, of course. Doesn't matter. This is all in fun. This isn't to make others feel bad. I think last year, one lady got a few packages sent to her. She had fat quarters in one envelope, then a small package with some other things in it and then another with some other things in it. It all added up to the rules, so you can pick and choose if you like. Some people like to drive others crazy.
    Drive someone crazy???Must be talking about Dreamer!~! The rest of us are VERY good!!

  15. #1465
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,998
    Ok, I'm in VA at the moment. Suffering with a cold and not having fun. Have to attend this class for military retirees, b o r i n g ! ! !
    Well, one guy that spoke this morning was full of pep, I did like listening to him and he was a wealth of info. The 2d half of the day was on financial planning....b o r i n g ! ! ! If I can't figure how to manage money by now, something must be wrong! But, to listen to some of these people with their questions... OMG!

    Anyway...I see that everyone is trying to behave themselves.
    I'll be on and off for this week, then on Saturday, I head back to PA. I'm bringing back some of my stash with me so I can do some sewing.

  16. #1466
    Super Member Tink's Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,692
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
    Ok, I'm in VA at the moment. Suffering with a cold and not having fun. Have to attend this class for military retirees, b o r i n g ! ! !
    Well, one guy that spoke this morning was full of pep, I did like listening to him and he was a wealth of info. The 2d half of the day was on financial planning....b o r i n g ! ! ! If I can't figure how to manage money by now, something must be wrong! But, to listen to some of these people with their questions... OMG!

    Anyway...I see that everyone is trying to behave themselves.
    I'll be on and off for this week, then on Saturday, I head back to PA. I'm bringing back some of my stash with me so I can do some sewing.
    Did you hear that Dreamer??? Terri is taking some of her stash to her home in PA...that means that she is taking her favorite stuff with her and she must be leaving the other stuff for when you raid her house...
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

  17. #1467
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,097
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    Drive someone crazy???Must be talking about Dreamer!~! The rest of us are VERY good!!

    that is so NOT true....Mwhahahahahahahah
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

  18. #1468
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,097
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
    Ok, I'm in VA at the moment. Suffering with a cold and not having fun. Have to attend this class for military retirees, b o r i n g ! ! !
    Well, one guy that spoke this morning was full of pep, I did like listening to him and he was a wealth of info. The 2d half of the day was on financial planning....b o r i n g ! ! ! If I can't figure how to manage money by now, something must be wrong! But, to listen to some of these people with their questions... OMG!

    Anyway...I see that everyone is trying to behave themselves.
    I'll be on and off for this week, then on Saturday, I head back to PA. I'm bringing back some of my stash with me so I can do some sewing.
    arent you waiting close to home for a baby ???
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

  19. #1469
    Senior Member Andii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    594
    I think the kitty looks like a pecan Sandie or a Snickerdoodle.

    Dreamer, you remind me of Gollum in the Hobit...my precious.
    Andii

  20. #1470
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,097
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Andii View Post

    Dreamer, you remind me of Gollum in the Hobit...my precious.


    dont know if that is good or not so...
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

  21. #1471
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,998
    There are people standing by to help Lauren if she needs them. I HAVE to be at this class. Too much info to be passed out to just let Bill get it. He might think something isn't important, when I might think it is.

  22. #1472
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,097
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
    There are people standing by to help Lauren if she needs them. I HAVE to be at this class. Too much info to be passed out to just let Bill get it. He might think something isn't important, when I might think it is.

    yup I get the pic !! MEN !!!!!
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

  23. #1473
    Power Poster RedGarnet222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    14,676
    Not gollum....gandaff! Well maybe the pretty fairy princess... in my experiance.
    RedGarnet222

    "Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

  24. #1474
    Super Member Leota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,634
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
    ok, this is making me nervous! Ya'll are talking about mailing several boxes. I understood that one "requirement" for this this swap is-4 fat quarters. and to spend no more than 20 bucks. we can shop our stash and make whatever else we like to send. first timer here so am I on the right path here? I don't want to disappoint anyone!
    One year, I made my santaee a GIANT Christmas stocking that she was allowed to open immediately... then I sent several little gifts that she had to place in the stocking till opening day... it was a lot of fun and she posted every time she got more pressies to put in her stocking

  25. #1475
    Super Member VickiM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,154
    Leota...what a cute idea! Sounds like you both had fun......

    I had been putting things left & right into the plastic bin for my person ever since this all started. I've been buying, making things, & shopping my stash, etc. Finally, yesterday I decided it was time to do some wrapping so I could see what all I had & how big a box I was going to need...my goodness, I needed a large box! I wrapped most the day; some things rattle, some don't...no jingle bells needed! I filled the box & there's just enough room left for what I was working on today & the few other things I'm making for her...I couldn't have found a more perfect box size. How'd that happen?!? Hope to get the box out by the first week of Nov. I'm working on things in between craftshow stuff. I hope she likes it all & hopefully she can use everything. I can't believe how fun this is!!!

Page 59 of 157 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 69 109 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.