Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST >

Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

Old 09-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Leota
Originally Posted by trupeach1
I have an ingenious idea for SS this year and i ain't telling >:D mwaahahaha
Are you going to tell me your BFF????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
NOPE
:twisted:

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mack
Can you please tell me what is normally in a SS pack? I haven't done this before and it's a bit of a mystery to me!! Reading all your chat it seems that you are all part of some exciting secret club!
Don't feel left out I did last year but a week into it and I felt secure to post and man did I post a lot.

You will get a list of likes and dislikes of the person you will be SS to. Now you don't have to follow it it is a guide line. I am allergic to eveything so this way people will know that and not send me something I can't eat. They might say they like repro's or bright fabric. But once again it is a guide line. We are all quilters we all like fabric and anything quilty. Since I do quilt, sew and crochet no one ever made me anything because I could do it myself however it is nice to get something someone made special just for me. I have received the most special gifts made just for me from members of the board. I really like pincushions so in every swap I do even if it is only a FQ swap I include a pincushion made just for that person. It is usually a simple one nothing like the pincushions for the pincushion swap but I will read about them to see what they like. Once you get the name read their posts and profile you will get to know alot about a person that way. It is amazing how much people tell you without realizing it. When in dought get something you know you would like. I was unsure of the FQ swap I just did. I hoped the person liked what I picked out and then upon looking at it I thought if I got thoses FQ I would be happy so you do the same if you would like to receive it so would someone else.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Banned

SORRY TERI.................I feel like I have hijacked your thread with eveything I have been writing, but I get so excited about SS I can't help myself and the fingers just keep tying away.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:42 PM

Ok ladies you have convinced me,I know its the thought that counts, I will NOT cancel out, I do have a lot of things I have sewn and make great gifts. thanks for the encouragement.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:45 PM

Thank you for taking the time to explain all that. I thought from reading the comments that perhaps you sent fat quarters etc that the person then worked on themselves....just shows how wrong you can be!! Sounds like a fun thing to be involved in!
Old 09-29-2010, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
Ok ladies you have convinced me,I know its the thought that counts, I will NOT cancel out, I do have a lot of things I have sewn and make great gifts. thanks for the encouragement.
Oh goodness....don't even think of dropping out. Remember that you may end up with someone like me who is brand new at all of this!! I can't sew (I know..how do I quilt), can't cross stitch, embrod, etc. But I LOVE quilting. Something as silly as a cross stitching of my Name would make my day!!! I think alot of folks on here are SO talented that cost should be very minimal. I on the other hand will be more "talent challenged"....LOL! ;)
Old 09-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mack
Thank you for taking the time to explain all that. I thought from reading the comments that perhaps you sent fat quarters etc that the person then worked on themselves....just shows how wrong you can be!! Sounds like a fun thing to be involved in!
you DO send FQ's I think 5 read the rules on page 1 I don't remember if it was 4 or 5 FQ and also a pressie. The total is not to be more then $20 for the pressie and FQ's. Postage is extra.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:14 PM

Thank you Gail
Old 09-29-2010, 02:27 PM

I have an ingenious idea for SS this year and i ain't telling >:D mwaahahaha
Are you going to tell me your BFF????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
NOPE
:twisted:
hehehehe