Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST >

Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

Old 11-09-2010, 06:33 AM

sent out my secret santa yesterday to PA. Hope mine comes soon.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Banned

SulaBug..........Mrs Clause is centuries old of course she takes a nap.

I don't want everyone to get to excited but we got a special shipment in this morning. Some of us have been eating way too much and Santa wants nice slim people with him on the Thanksgiving Parade float so I have been informed that we will now have an exercise class 3 days per week. The special shippment is the equipment that will be set up in the barn. Cbridges is helping them unpack it and set it up. She will be the first to try it out so go to the barn at 11:30 to see how she does. I have incharge of deciding what would be the best and most fun equipment to use. So try and guess........was it an exercise bike?????????? NO!!!!!!!!! pilates equipment??????? NO!!!!!!!!!!!! It is something you all long to do, something that will be fun at the parties that we have in the barn. It is............drum roll please. A pole, yes you read this correctly I got us a pole, makes sense we are at the Pole so I got us a pole so now all of us are going to take pole dancing lessons. There is a sign up sheet for the days and times of lessons please see Cbridges as she will be in charge of that. There is only so much poo she could shovel. She never wants to leave the barn so she was the best person for the job. Have fun, move that booty but most importantly be careful you don't fall off the pole and on to a reindeer, they can not get hurt before the big day.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

Oh dear lordy....I'm afraid this might burn my eyeballs peachy!!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:34 AM

Ok, not to be a meanie, but people DO have a life.
Some cannot be on the board daily like others are.
I DO post things on the first page, but I can only put so much in the title. I cannot keep putting UPDATE because others will think it's the SAME update that was there before.

Yes, people can and DO PM me, but I have a life also and cannot always get to my PMs in a timely manner. That's why I have others that are minding the thread too. Bantering is nice, but with 98 pages of messages on this thread, it's hard to read thru all pages.
I'm not saying that the bantering is a BAD thing, what I'm saying is... we need to keep it to a minimum. I've had some people that are trying to get packages out and are having problems. Since I have been gone for the past 6 days, it was hard for me to check messages. The internet connection was not a good one at the hotel, so I was only able to be on for a few minutes at a time. I WAS NOT going to spend my ENTIRE vacation sitting in front of my laptop answering PMs.

I got back last night and this is the first time I have been able to get online. Daughter and grandbabies are here, so I'm not going to be on and off like I usually am.

I came home to 57 PMs and am now trying to answer all of them. Some of them are questions that HAVE been answered on the thread, but have been buried because the thread is so big, so to go back and read thru ALL messages is a bit hard.

I'm not saying to NOT banter, just keep the bantering to a minimum....

Originally Posted by trupeach1
This thread was started Sept 26 if a persons question hasn't been answered and important information has been missed then I would lke to know where have they been for the past month and a half??????? Plus all the answers are on one page 1. The people who have made this thread FUN and I mean LOADS of fun took the weekend off. As it was stated pages ago, I don't remember by whom however if a person wants an question answered and doesn't want to read the FUN/jibberish they could PM Terri. Now that is not to difficult is it??????? I know there are many people who look forward to the bantering. There are daily readers as oppose to the people who come here to look for an answer, complain they can't find it, and they NEVER comment/write or participate on the thread. If the majority rules then it is time for fun again!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Banned

If there is too much bantering from us people who have no life can we post the link on this thread and we will start a new thread People at the North Pole? Then whoever wants to follow along will know where to find us. We will start the new thread with our jibberish under chitchat but just let me know if I can post the link here. Thanks
Old 11-09-2010, 08:11 AM

I wasn't picking on you personally.
I was just replying to yours since there were others that were saying the same thing and to cut and paste everything is a bit tedious.

I, myself have been trying to get thru all pages that have gone up since I left and I'm still not thru all of them TRYING to figure out who has sent and who has received. I'm replying to this because I wanted to see if anyone has replied to my post.

Starting another thread is just going to confuse people and will make my job harder than it already is.

Hosting a swap is NOT an easy thing. Trying to keep everyone happy and making sure everyone is sending/receiving is very time consuming sometimes.

I have had a few people drop out at the last minute and have had to find people to fill in for them. Thankfully, I have people who wanted to join, but weren't able to because they missed the deadline, but are now able to participate.

Bantering is fine, but tons of pages daily can hide posts that people are looking for.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I wasn't picking on you personally.
I was just replying to yours since there were others that were saying the same thing and to cut and paste everything is a bit tedious.

I, myself have been trying to get thru all pages that have gone up since I left and I'm still not thru all of them TRYING to figure out who has sent and who has received. I'm replying to this because I wanted to see if anyone has replied to my post.

Starting another thread is just going to confuse people and will make my job harder than it already is.

Hosting a swap is NOT an easy thing. Trying to keep everyone happy and making sure everyone is sending/receiving is very time consuming sometimes.

I have had a few people drop out at the last minute and have had to find people to fill in for them. Thankfully, I have people who wanted to join, but weren't able to because they missed the deadline, but are now able to participate.

Bantering is fine, but tons of pages daily can hide posts that people are looking for.
I know you weren't picking on me but I am Super Peach and started this bantering. I don't want to make your job harder, you told me how many hours it took you to do the assigning. But this way we will be out of eveyones way. It seems we all have lots of stuff to write about the North Pole. If you had the time to read all the pages, I am not saying you should have but more and more people are bantering everyday and changing their location to North Pole. I think if it is title People at the Pole we could have pages and pages and others who are looking for important info could find it here and not have to go through pages and we wouldn't have to tone down what we are doing. And also since people do comment that they enjoy reading and look forward to reading our jibberish could continue. Also the people who would never look at this thread because they are not doing SS could follow the story of Peachy, Cbridges, Aboda, Magnolia, SulaBug, and Littleone (sorry if I left anyone out) and the adventures at the North Pole.

Now wouldn't it be a kcick if someone took all we have written and wrote a book??????
Old 11-09-2010, 08:36 AM

GAJ I just sent a package to PA also. Do we have the same elf?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:40 AM

Would a post for a new thread titled "People at the North Pole" be possible?
If there was a link on this post and it included an explanation that this is the new place for the continuing saga (bantering, or soap opera) of the elves then the People at the North Pole could carry on there and it wouldn't have the Secret Santa title, so most confusion would be averted. Those elves clearly need their therapy. Or if the head elf started a People at the N. P. and just made the announcement here, would that work.
I must admit being somewhat new to swaps the first few elf posts were confusing to me but I did catch on. I can understand how it can be confusing to some especially if they aren't even that comfortable with using a computer.

When I first wanted to make the suggestion I couldn't find the reply box and I thought they used up all the space--then I realized I wasn't logged on..;-)

And no one not even littleone wants to make Secret Santas job harder than it already is. whew!
Old 11-09-2010, 09:13 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Like a thread over in the personal diaries area titled "North Pole Residents" or something completely unrelated to the swap. :D

Originally Posted by starshine
Would a post for a new thread titled "People at the North Pole" be possible?
If there was a link on this post and it included an explanation that this is the new place for the continuing saga (bantering, or soap opera) of the elves then the People at the North Pole could carry on there and it wouldn't have the Secret Santa title, so most confusion would be averted. Those elves clearly need their therapy. Or if the head elf started a People at the N. P. and just made the announcement here, would that work.
I must admit being somewhat new to swaps the first few elf posts were confusing to me but I did catch on. I can understand how it can be confusing to some especially if they aren't even that comfortable with using a computer.

When I first wanted to make the suggestion I couldn't find the reply box and I thought they used up all the space--then I realized I wasn't logged on..;-)

And no one not even littleone wants to make Secret Santas job harder than it already is. whew!