Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 09-15-2011, 02:48 PM

Default Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

I NEED EVERYONE TO E-MAIL ME THEIR PERSON THAT THEY ARE SENDING TO AND WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE SENT/REC'D YOUR PACKAGE. I HAVE A SMALL GLITCH IN MY SYSTEM AND I NEED TO MAKE SURE ALL IS WELL.
THANKS

IF YOU MISTAKENLY OPEN YOUR PACKAGE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT CONTACT YOUR PERSON. JUST SIT BACK AND WAIT UNTIL REVEAL DAY AND THANK THE PERSON THAT SENT TO YOU.
A FEW PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY MISTAKENLY OPENED AND CONTACTED THEIR PERSON TO THANK THEM. FEELINGS ARE GETTING HURT WITH PEOPLE ASKING ME "I THOUGHT THIS WAS TO BE SECRET". PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF OTHERS.

ALSO....CHAT AMONGST YOURSELFS WITH A DATE FOR OPENING IN DECEMBER. DO THIS ON THE THREAD. THERE HAS TO BE A DATE THAT MOST CAN AGREE ON.

THANKS....

ALL NAMES ARE OUT!
If you haven't recieved your person yet, PLEASE let me know ASAP!!

If you need help with finding out what your person is wanting, just PM me and I'll ask your person for you.

Make sure you put a return address on your package. Instead of using your real name, you can put SANTA as your name. The post office frowns on using the same addy for sending and recieving or no return addy at all. We would hate for a package to be non deliverable and not make it back to the sender so it could be sent out again.

If you have any other questions, PLEASE ASK!

Please PM me when you send/receive your package

Remember to put a card in your package to make sure the receiver knows who it is from.

When sending internationally...PLEASE, DO NOT MAKE THE AMOUNT MORE THAN $20. DO NOT INSURE IT OR PUT A DELIVERY CONFIRMATION ON IT!! THIS IS ONLY FOR INTERNATIONAL SENDERS!!!

If you are sending just to a US address, you must have a Delivery Confirmation attached. This was stated in the rules that you read and said you would comply with by signing up. If there is a problem with having a Delivery Confirmation, PLEASE let me know the reason why and it will be decided as to whether or not I, MYSELF, will let you off the hook with having it or asking you to bow out.

Those that have an address OUTSIDE of the US, you should have gotten a PM stating your person to send to. If you haven't...PLEASE PM ME IMMEDIATELY!!!

October is approaching fast and it's time for Secret Santa, once again. I'm a few days early getting this out, but I won't be around this weekend, so am posting now so everyone can get a jump on things.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.....READ THE RULES!!
I'M GETTING SOOOO MANY PM'S IN WITH PEOPLE SAYING THEY WANT TO SIGN UP, BUT DON'T GIVE ME THEIR INFO OR ASK WHAT INFO I NEED. APPARENTLY, IF THESE QUESTIONS ARE BEING ASKED, RULES ARE NOT BEING READ.

First...a bit of unpleasantness....THE RULES....

1. Mail deadline is November 21st. That is a HARD deadline. No mailing AFTER this time. Since you have almost 2 months, there should be NO excuse for mailing late, unless you are incapacitated or 6 feet under.

2. ALL packages MUST have a DELIVERY CONFIRMATION when sent. Last year there were too many packages that were sent where the sender said they sent the package, but the package was never recieved. With a Delivery Confirmation, the package can be somewhat tracked when received. If the receiver HAS NOT received their package from you and you said you sent it, you will be required to PROVE your sending with a copy of the mail receipt showing such. The mail receipt will show that you paid for the Delivery Confirmation, along with the zip code that the package was shipped to.

3. IF you cannot adhere to the rules and/or you recieve a package, but do not send one, YOU WILL be banned from ANY further swap(s) I run AND I will also let other swappers know of your action in this swap. I will also post negative feedback for you and will encourage the person with whom you were to send to, to do the same.
Last year we had too many "angels" step forward and send to people who did not receive from their Secret Santa due to people NOT sending.

4. By signing up, means that you have read the rules and that you will adhere to them.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but there have been too many hurt feelings lately in swaps and people NEED to be held accountable for their actions.

Now, that the "ugly" is over....

As in the past years, you will send 4 Fat Quarters and a gift(s) NOT to exceed $20. I know some in the past have sent MUCH more than the $20 limit and that cannot be helped. Some people are just a bit more generous than others. That is nothing to get mad about and nothing I can control. Some people are more generous than others.

If you wish to participate, send me a PM with you name, address (mailing), so I can send you the information.
I will be PMing the information to you.
If you have a preference in colors, designs for your fat quarters, also, if you collect anything or maybe if you are looking for something small that you wouldn't buy for yourself, maybe your Secret Santa might get it for you.
Also, include whether or not you can or are willing to ship internationally.
By doing so, DOES NOT mean you will have an international partner.

Don't forget....if you have something that can be repurposed, that would be great too!

This exchange is open to ANYONE. Those that are international, will get their information earlier to allow for extra time for packages to arrive to their destination.

The deadline to sign up is September 29. You will receive the information for your person by PM by October 1.

There will be a chat session, so everyone can come and we can open our gifts together. That date will be determined at a later time.

Remember, this is SECRET. You won't know who is sending to you and the person you are sending to, won't know it's you until reveal day in chat.

If you have ANY questions, please don't hesitate to PM me and ask.

Let's have a great time with this.

I do need to add that those who are not in the US or that have names for outside the US, will have to mail early due to the time that it takes to get from one country to another, especially from the US to Canada. Seems it can take up to 4 weeks to get a package to Canada.

Last edited by tlrnhi; 11-01-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:07 PM

I'm in, please. Pm on way.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:14 PM

Got it!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:30 PM

Sending you a pm now!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:06 PM

sent a PM :)
Old 09-15-2011, 04:16 PM

Sent a PM
Old 09-15-2011, 04:47 PM

PM sent. If you are debating joining or not, go for it.
It is so much fun.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

Me too Me too !!!!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Me too Me too !!!!!!
I'm with her! PM sent :D

Thanks for doing this again!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:18 PM

I am in, sending a PM.