Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    Before I go any further, I'd just like to say - Kystyna, neither of them are for you.............
    I know! I know! It's Buslady's month!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by susansomethings View Post
    Packages being sent out already...WoW some of you ladies put me to shame! I haven't even collected my thoughts for one yet. Another hint for my pal....She has been sewing for a long time. How many of you does this include? Have a seamless day ladies
    It's meeee I've been sewing for a long time !!
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...6BC2680921.png
    " You can be a master of every thing you do. Every thing you do may not be a masterpiece, understand that, then do the best you can with what you've got".Maya Angelou

Blog Entries
    My SP's package is done except ... not saying she's getting any ... busy in the kitchen today ... tomato sauce ... fig strawberry preserves ... blackberry jam (no seeds!) ... raspberry - strawberry jam ... and my son is making hot sauce!
    Oh ... and not saying I have an SP.
    Krystyna

Been shopping today 1 of our LQS has moved to a new location so everything in the store is 20% off until she gets settled in then she will have a new grand opening sale. Can't wait for that! Anyway ... got my sp 1/2 yrd cuts of her 2 favorite colors. Picked up some Best Press and a ruler I needed that Joann's doesn't sell. Need to make her something and then her pkg. will be ready to mail. I already had alot of little stuff to fill it up.

Blog Entries
    SP #1- your zip code adds up to 26, your town has had 3 different names, and there was a major fire in the early 1900s that destroyed almost all of the town. I have seen you post on here alot.

This soooo could be me, IF I had used my office address, AND if the zip adding is off a little. SCRATCH! (to quote someone else). LOL
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Does the number 15 add up to anyone? she's a mommy and a grandma....couldn't find what you like to collect, think the tourists bought them all. Your package is on its way.

Blog Entries
    Ok, here goes. One of my SP's lives about the same distance from me as she does from my other SP. One lives where it is sunny and 81 degrees today, the other was 79 degrees today. One has a possibility of thunderstorms through the night tonight and the other through the day tomorrow.
    Had to run home (to the new house) at lunch to check on the progress in my sewing room. Yippyyyyyyyyyy... My shelves are up. Too bad I have to go out of town tomorrow and won't be back til Sunday. But then, look out! I can't wait to get a path in to my stuff so I can find it!! My SP's are lucky, too. I have some pretty cool stuff hiding in there that is going into my packages!!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Package one is finished! I sure hope she likes to Garden, other wise I am... hummmmm, maybe I should wait! Do you like to garden SP?????
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    I need to go and work on my SP package...I need to get it done this weekend...so that way next week Friday I can ship it out....Things are going to get nuts here with school.....not sure what squishies I am going to make for my SP...anyone have some fun ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    Package one is finished! I sure hope she likes to Garden, other wise I am... hummmmm, maybe I should wait! Do you like to garden SP?????
    Oh did I forget to put that on my questionair?? YES I love to gardern

No time to do SP package again today as my AC has been out for 3 days &...Finally...after crawling 60 ft one way,on my belly then laying on my back to get under air ducts, then pulling a new thermostat wire from central air conditioner to other side of the house & back out....got the air working again! Whew...!!! To those of you who have a basemaent..be thankful..Very Thankful I didn't stop while under there crawling in the dirt..spider webs getting in my hair, what else could possibly been crawling around down under there with me.....!!!

Power Poster
    Susan you were brave to go in the crawl space as there are many yuchhy things in NC. Glad you got your a/c working.

Blog Entries
    My daughter and DH have been here this week, did get my SP name and am in the process of making her something special... She's a fairly new quilter and likes Christmas fabric..
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Peg View Post
    Susan you were brave to go in the crawl space as there are many yuchhy things in NC. Glad you got your a/c working.
    Yes there are some yucky things...snakes & other BIG bugs..which I don't mind any of them too much unless they get too close to me. I blocked all that stuff out of my mind while I was under there..with only about 1 1/2 feet of body & head space, I couldn't panic!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Does the number 15 add up to anyone? she's a mommy and a grandma....couldn't find what you like to collect, think the tourists bought them all. Your package is on its way.
    Mine adds up to 15 It's meeee!! :d
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...6BC2680921.png
    " You can be a master of every thing you do. Every thing you do may not be a masterpiece, understand that, then do the best you can with what you've got".Maya Angelou

I like pink and chocolate, too!

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    Well I like Pink and I like Chocolate, I wonder how pink chocolate would taste???
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Some more clues! Zip addes up to 21, Her favorite color is also one of my favorite colors and someday I am going to make a quilt that color. I wish I knew my sp's hair color. What color is it sp?

Power Poster
    Toomanyufo's my zip is 21, my favorite colors are blue and purple and my hair color is hard to describe as it is alot of grey with brown. That's a different question. Will be anxious to see why you wanted to know my hair color!!!

Here is a clue for my SP before bedtime. The product of your zip code equals 98 and you don't seem to be very picky Night night everyone! It's 11:11 pm in NY and I have to work tomorrow - then we are off to Indiana in the night time! Looking forward to visiting a few quilt shops out there and seeing the Quilt Gardens!!
    Bernice
    City girl with a country heart!

Good morning all! Needless to say I haven't had a chance to put together my SP's box but I will this weekend. I did get a few things she likes and will throw in a homemade item. She is North of me...that's all I'm sayin'.

I rec'd a RAK yesterday of buttons from Kristen K. Smith, but there was no borard name. I posted on the RAK thread but don't think she's on the thread. That's why I'm posting her in case she does or if someone knows her so I can properly thank her in a PM. Thx!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    This weekend will be my target to get my box together for my SP....Let's just say that there are some pretty cool buttons out there...it is so hard to choose which ones to get for her. And since I have to do a 2 hour demo at JoAnn's on Saturday I think I am going to Demo something that I will make for my SP....I am most certainly sure that I can get it done in that period of time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
    This weekend will be my target to get my box together for my SP....Let's just say that there are some pretty cool buttons out there...it is so hard to choose which ones to get for her. And since I have to do a 2 hour demo at JoAnn's on Saturday I think I am going to Demo something that I will make for my SP....I am most certainly sure that I can get it done in that period of time.
    OoooH! How exciting. We want to hear all about it?
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Sorry I haven't been on for awhile, have been trying to unpack boxes. Somewhere in the move I hurt my back again and it keeps going into spasms and hurt like $%*#. So taking it slow. I have reading the posts and the hints are as good as usual lol and have had a few early mailers as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Peg View Post
    Toomanyufo's my zip is 21, my favorite colors are blue and purple and my hair color is hard to describe as it is alot of grey with brown. That's a different question. Will be anxious to see why you wanted to know my hair color!!!
    Sorry Grandma Peg it's not you this month. SP your favorite color is PURPLE ~ You do not like a neutral color ~ I've given you enough hints you should know that you are my sp, so help me out.

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast