Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

Blog Entries
    We have 30 signed up so far

That would be me!!!
    I'm in again.

Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    Ooooooh............naughty, naughty
    I'm in again - looking for sweet lovers (people who like candy, that is!).
    Miz Kyp aka Margie

I'm in again this month.

Blog Entries
    ok so i think i posted this in the wrong monthly thread. i see there is a new thread and that aug is finished. so here goes.

off topic great news: i finally have internet access, yippee. and my 3 yr job drought is over!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!! i start monday aug 27th (fist pump) working for a haitian ngo (non-governmental organization). i was suppose to start aug 20th but they forgot to tell me that (miscommunication) but the 27th will work just fine for me.

to all of those who are still job searching, stay encouraged. something is coming your way also. i found this job quite by accident as i was looking at another job posting a friend & colleague had directed me to. you just never know where your next job is coming from. thanks for all of your encouragement also. it was greatly appreciated.

now to get my sewing machines and fabric to my current abode. what a challenge that will be but i am up for it.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post

off topic great news: i finally have internet access, yippee. and my 3 yr job drought is over!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!! i start monday aug 27th (fist pump) working for a haitian ngo (non-governmental organization). i was suppose to start aug 20th but they forgot to tell me that (miscommunication) but the 27th will work just fine for me.
    Congratulations and good luck in your new job!
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries
    My husband told me last night no more swaps till I get the quilts made that I have already received... I better get to sewing! LOL, he knows I will just organize my sewing room better so he has no clue how many unfinished projects I actually have going on! I wonder what he would say if I walked into his shop and said OK No more wood till all this is finished and gone! Men~
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Hav on the new job! I hope it is just what you wanted!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

I'm in for September. Sent Lori my PM. Now to have fun finding things to send in the sewing room.

LADIES, go HERE and see my beautiful Stained Glass quilt I just picked up from the quilters! It's on PAGE 3.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Up to 54 now

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    My husband told me last night no more swaps till I get the quilts made that I have already received... I better get to sewing! LOL, he knows I will just organize my sewing room better so he has no clue how many unfinished projects I actually have going on! I wonder what he would say if I walked into his shop and said OK No more wood till all this is finished and gone! Men~
    Great come back!!!lol
    Mary

You guys always make me smile, I have missed spending time with this group. Sent my PM off to Lori, can't wait to get back in the game.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Blog Entries
    Hey, Hav...great news about your job. I hope you will really love it.

Your quilt is really pretty, Teresa

Krystyna, I hope you have signed up...I am hoping you get me so I can try your "Beach Plum" jam!!!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on the job Hav!!!

That stained glass quilt is beautiful - thank you for sharing.

off subject - spending the afternoon with family and friends - we're going to deepfry jalapino g-olives; garlic cheese curds; dill pickles; green beans; chicken nuggets and onion blossoms -grilling burgers and bratts; cabbage and kale - were tossing bean bags and washers and tipping back a few - what a fun way to spend a summer afternoon - stop by and join us if you're in the neighborhood.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    Are you as good at ignoring him as I am my husband? I don't ignore him when it is REALLY important. Some things he just has no say in. LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
    Are you as good at ignoring him as I am my husband? I don't ignore him when it is REALLY important. Some things he just has no say in. LOL
    When my husband tries to tell me no more this or that, I generally respond with, "no more guns. or ammunition. or scopes. or holsters." That usually shuts him up.

When he says it with *that* look on his face, I just say, "ok." Some times it's not worth the fight.
    Mischief Managed.

Blog Entries
    I'm in! Going to send my info to Lori now
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    count me in.. info to Lori on its way

I'll be sitting this month out. To much going on at home to do a proper secret pal package. I will be following the fun you have and joining back in October
    Happy Sewing

Iam soooo sad,iam not going to be able to do a sp swap,for sept,got a lot going on ,this month and we are haveing our quilt show here and i have to make stuff for it,so sorry ,,i just knew i was goin to get some goodies like always

Theresa, pretty, pretty stained glass quilt. Hav, congrats on the job and best to you there and to all who have been sick - hope you are feeling better now. With the cooler weather (it is coming soon), I always feel better - summer's heat makes my allergies just flare up all the time. I love Autumn. I can start thinking about it and feel better. Am I the only one who feels this way?
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Talking sp swap

Quote Originally Posted by nikki128 View Post
    I'll be sitting this month out. To much going on at home to do a proper secret pal package. I will be following the fun you have and joining back in October
    Nikki you and i will set back together and cry,,,looking at alllllll the goodies and we be sayin oh that one could have been mine,,,,lol

I sent a PM. Haven't done one of these for awhile, but as I unpack all my quilting things, I am finding I have lots to send on to another quilter. Looking forward to doing this one.
    MistyMarie

I've been doing the secret pal swap for over a year now..................and I get just as excited each time as I did the first time ...............................Can't wait to get my secret pals for September..................

Blog Entries
    Just 4 more days and we will know who we get for a SP! This is so exciting. Be well everyone! I do love that Cathedral Window quilt!!!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast