Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for April 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Spring Has Sprung Closes March 31st Noon EST

and that indeed is a little sneak peak! could you get any closer quiltingkrazy??? lol very pretty I used dot fabric too! guess its one of those dotty months.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

It sounds like everyone is busy with life! I chuckled at the tattoo 'd bride, everyone around here seems to have them, I'm not that fond of needles and being poked anytime let alone pay someone to do it. I would rather buy fabric and hide it. I think I will begin my next DQ-so that is how some of you are done so early in the month to send! I have never, ever made a crazy quilt patchwork but I have a book somewhere on them, this will be fun! Somewhere between Iowa and Alaska two doll quilts are passing in the mail, this sure is a fun place.

So, are we definitely doing a "Crazy Patchwork Doll Quilt" for May 2013? If so, I'd like to get started cuz I sew slow and am friends with "Rip It!" Is there a place where all the 2013 months' themes are shown?

Finished hand quilting Annaquilts DQ yesterday as I watched AFL football all afternoon. Looks good so binding will go on today.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Almost done with the top on my DQ!!! It's looking cute I'm excited! My three year old was trying to snatch the fabric though

Blog Entries
    Finished Brats DQ today. Yea! My DMIL looked at it and asked "how was i gonna attach that"? Pointing to an embelishment. Thats it i said. Another great hint. Not. I am very excited about this one. Linda, your in a nutshell twist was good for me. I love this place.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

lol about half way through it I thought Your insane. what the heck were you thinking? well like I have stated you have to live in this wacked out brain to go oh ok! I like what I came up with. told you my first thought was to make a nut house and put your house numbers on it but then thought you might come bop me on my head like thanks a lot lady! was going to add flowers lol.. so now you know what I didnt do.. you can wonder what the heck did I do.. spring has sprung in a nutshell.

now how to twist a crazy quilt.. with a theme... ah ha.. wondering already if I am silly enough to do another throw down? any twist ideas out there???? Krystyna is groaning now. Brat she says.. go with the flow.. ME? is she talking to me? not likely sugarpie not likely. hey where is the photo of your wedding dress? are you wearing pastels? colors?

and no tatoos for me either my nephew is a tatoo artist. he does amazing tatoos. he says Auntie Linda! I will give you any tatoo you want for free. I want .. nothing but thank you. come on Auntie Linda just one? my son gets them and I want to choke my nephew. NO MORE. it better stay under a shirt level kid or your in big time trouble.. no one listens to this old chicken. here is a pic of the last tatoo he did its lovely croak be thankful your daughter in law doesnt have these. I had to actually write him and say wow those are ..colorful! always try to be nice right?
    Name:  IMAG5901.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  1.05 MBName:  IMAG6006.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  1.20 MBName:  michael tattoo parlor.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  1.34 MB
    Linda

oh yes Mr. Artist dear wants me to make a BROWN quilt for their new baby girl. oh joy.
    Linda

I just received my doll quilt from AlaskaAlice and I LOVE it! She also sent a pin cushion and the cutest little notebook that she made a cover for that I can't wait to make sketches in! Its going straight in my purse! I will pm her and thank her, and will post pictures soon!
    Oh my, those tattoos they hurt me! Oh I couldn't do it! My brother has the number "4" tattooed on his left arm from the wrist to his elbow, all different colors, different sizes, and different shapes, but ALL the number 4. One day I was sitting there looking at his arm-and I'm sure a quizzical look on my face and he said "so, do you like my four arm?" Get it? I thought boy what some people will do for a laugh! Haha-true story.

what a teaser!!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
    Hey Y'all, I am still alive...Skaduzy, I do have the top completed now to layer and quilt it! here is a little sneak peak.

Blog Entries
    TATs.. Ohhhh, Nooooooo!! All my kids have them. I thought about it once for about half a second. My daughters have them on their ankle so they look like an ankle bracelet with kids names on the charms and little birthstones painted in. It really is cute. On someone else.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

My dq is on it way to NC. should be there by Friday.
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Oooh I like the anklet bracelet tattoo idea I have 4 but they are small and relatively discreet.

I have even decided just what I might do for my May DQ - will wait and see who my 'victim' partner is !!!

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Prayers for Boston .... and all of our quilters there ...... it has to be terrifying ....CQR
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

thank you kimmieH for my April doll quilt. I like it very much. I like this pattern, I might have to make one for my next months swap partner. Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    TATs.. Ohhhh, Nooooooo!! All my kids have them. I thought about it once for about half a second. My daughters have them on their ankle so they look like an ankle bracelet with kids names on the charms and little birthstones painted in. It really is cute. On someone else.
    These tats memorialize dead relatives. My son has some scary ones, too, but at least they're not visible. He had a horrible car crash from which he walked away miraculously and got what looks like a HUGE necklace on his upper chest reading Memento Mori.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Guess what I just posted?

Yep.

May's sign up ... for ... wait for it ...

QUILTY CHAOS!!!
    Krystyna

Ooooooh please send me Mr. Artist's contact info... I need a little 'work' done.

I have 3, all coverable or not. All have special meaning to me. The next one I get will be a Navy anchor with dogtags hanging from it as I was in the Navy for 9 years, Army for 2 and miss it everyday.

No unicorns on places that will sag so my grandbabies will say... 'Grandma, why do you have a giraffe with a horn?'

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    oh yes Mr. Artist dear wants me to make a BROWN quilt for their new baby girl. oh joy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tracibug View Post
    No unicorns on places that will sag so my grandbabies will say... 'Grandma, why do you have a giraffe with a horn?'
    Where are my Depends!!!!???? Hahahahaha!!!!!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin View Post
    Prayers for Boston .... and all of our quilters there ...... it has to be terrifying ....CQR
    Yes. Anxiously awaiting to hear from Nancy in Louisiana - hoping and praying her husband wasn't running.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Stretching, sagging, pulling and wrinkling. Not for the weak at heart, nor an ill placed TAT. LOL
    Onalee Rose

Quote Originally Posted by tracibug View Post
    LOL LOL I have a short stemmed rose on my right breast which DH is patiently waiting for it to turn into a long stemmed rose - he then thinks he won't have to buy me any 'real' ones !!!

OUILTY CHAOS !!!!

Nancy in Louisiana is in Texas with her new grandbabies (twins I believe) and she was not coming home for a week. I hadn't heard her hubby was running and honestly dont know if he is with her she went to take care of the little ones, first time mom and twins.

I love the giraffe line too cute. I was raised good girls never wore make up nor did they wear nail polish. lipstick is ok HUH? I was a good girl til I moved out and discovered make up has its benefits. just not at first when your learning and blue is an acceptable color. by 25 had it down.. by 48 stopped wearing it too much work too little improvement. I need spackle now. everything else is a waste of time.

Oh the dragon/ that is my nephews wife. oh.. Yeah my son has marioners compasses on his back ok cool sorta (maybe not) and then of all things a clown on his leg, his daughters name on his arm and well I hope he stops seeing his cousin. My nephew when he was just 15 was super into drawing fantasy stuff and was good. guess that is how he evolved with it. At 16 his pal commited suicide. so in his honor he put a huge cross with the boys name on it on his calf covered the whole back area. My sister then told him.. you do know he was Jewish don't you? oh he said dont they have the same cross? she assured him it was fine dont go out and get MORE. well more is an understatement. I think its like hairdressers always working on each others hair.. same goes in the tattoo parlor.
    Linda

TATs, yes, thinking I would like to get one. A little half inch pink butterfly between my boobs, with the tip of one of it's antennas ending with my center calibration mark.

Boston was really scarey yesterday. I work across the river in Cambridge, and even here, the tension level was over the top. There was a secondary report of a bomb at one of the MBTA stations, that turned out to be just an unassociated fire. But that had everyone scared to go near the stations to go home. A few of our folks had been at the finish line at lunch time, and had thankfully already returned to work.

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Yes. Anxiously awaiting to hear from Nancy in Louisiana - hoping and praying her husband wasn't running.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankfully, no -- he didn't go to this one. He has some close friends who did. One in particular missed the brunt of the explosion by mere minutes. So much damage ... my heart is breaking for the victims.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast