Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 09-05-2022, 11:45 AM

SBG, Completely missed the discounting on the shipping. Good for you!
Old 09-05-2022, 03:32 PM
Power Poster

I have heard from at least half a dozen of you that I got the shipping wrong. That tells me that at least half a dozen of you did not read my initial post, where I talked about why shipping was cheaper for this Boom. Fer shame, fer shame... (In my best Gomer accent, LOL.)

Those who are in both groups and want tol take advantage of combined return shipping of their blocks, plan on the $14 box. If I can somehow fit your blocks from two groups into one envelope, I will, and will refund the extra for the box. But probably not. Remember this involves finishing both groups in time for the 2 month deadline, and then waiting for the 3 month deadline to get blocks back. But that's your most economical option if you are in both groups. You can do separate shipping if you don't mind paying for it. ( I hate that shipping costs so much these days.)
Old 09-05-2022, 04:19 PM

After reading shipping information will need to repackage.

Never heard of pirate ship.
Old 09-05-2022, 06:21 PM

Hi Ladies, I have been out of town for the holiday weekend. Glad to see we have more ladies interested in the boom “ Hi all”. I am going to spend the next two days getting my fabric ready to mail out. I need to go read the instructions again. Good Night
Old 09-06-2022, 05:09 AM

Good Morning boomers! Our little town celebrates Labor Day weekend with 3 days of activities and with us living here officially 1 year we participated in quite a few, some were lots of fun and others were a big flop. My dd who has been here for the last 3 weeks ran the 5 mile race and they had a kids 1 mile race, lots of hooting and hollering. A very special time. Dd left yesterday for her home in Texas, it’s going to be very quiet without her.

My fabric is bagged just have to write the notes
Old 09-06-2022, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
After reading shipping information will need to repackage.

Never heard of pirate ship.
Pet, we are packaging the same way as always... same as last time. Then you ship to me any way you want. The Pirate Ship is how I will ship back to you. Of course, you can make your own account with PirateShip and mail to me using them, or mail any other way. To use PirateShip you print the shipping label from your computer, then attach it and place the package in your mailbox. I was already doing this from the USPS website, until I learned about PirateShip. They use USPS business rate.

Just ship as usual, ladies. I will save you some $$ by shipping back with PirateShip.
Old 09-06-2022, 08:29 AM

SBG, I should ship by the end of the week. So looking forward to playing this round! In the meantime, I’m just plugging away on my avatar quilt. Starting to get rows stitched up and making units for the outer border. Love seeing it come together.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

Sounds good, Janice. Everyone please keep in mind you need to get your F8s to me by the 20th. That means, in my hand... so please ship in plenty of time for the method you are using.

I have been trying to set up our Groups pages, here on the board. This is where we will host our pictures for this Boom. There is a group for Pumpkins and a group for Holly. You should be getting an invitation to join the group(s) you are in. I have been posting our fabrics there, the ones I know for sure are for which group. If you have posted fabrics for both groups, please pm me with which fabric is for which group, and I'll get them into the right group page.

We have never used the Groups feature of the QB before (as long as I've been a member), and will still be doing all our chatting and posting of pictures in the threads. I will grab the pictures from the threads and post to the group albums. Then you will have one place to look for pictures, rather than having to scroll through the threads as we move along. As far as I know they won't be divided by members as they were at Weebly, all nice and tidy. But at least they will be in one place. So please join your group when you get the invite.

I"ll be starting the two separate threads on Sunday, once sign ups have closed. In the mean time, pick your fabrics and post pictures here. I'd like to get all the fabric pictures into the group albums before we start.

That's it, until I think of something else!

Old 09-06-2022, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

For those who have not had success posting photos, please email them to me so I can post them for you. Your photos are important.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:47 AM

Hello one and all. so good to see you and reread about you. And even recall you! So glad to be back in a group. Currently we are in Northern NH - and will not be traveling this winter (I was so looking forward to meeting up with the Florida gals again) But oh well. I don't have my stash so I guess I will be visiitng the LQS and building up a new stash~
Here is my fabric for Holly. Love that name. Not sure what I will be doing with the quilt - but just loved the fabric and can't wait to see all what you make with it.
Attached Thumbnails fabric.jpg