Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 09-09-2022, 09:34 AM

Thanks LogCabin! I was wondering how to do that, too. Beautiful hexagons you have posted! So glad to see you in here!

Marcialee, your fabric plays really well with a number of the ones I am sending out. My granddaughter calls it jungle-colored.

Terriamn, I am going to have to try to make that star. Your color choices are lovely!

Pokeweed -- no pressure at all being the first male in the group! You sound like a crafter so you're going to fit right in.

I am busy cutting my fabrics. My padded envelopes FINALLY arrived from the USPS. I got the unpaid variety so a trip to the post office is in my near future.

Sewbizgirl -- do you have any stamp collectors in the fam? If so, I will try to get the high valued stamp to put on the envelope. Those are hard to come by and the post office here had them last week (I was very excited about it as I don't like using ticker tape on the packages I send out. Stamps are much prettier). Let me know.
Old 09-09-2022, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
I’d like to join the 3 month group if possible. I wasn’t sure if I had enough fabric, but I had plenty of leftovers from an elephant quilt I made for a friend so I was able to make enough fat 8ths with what I had! I’d like to have a new quilt for Spring or perhaps give to my mom, since she likes elephants.

Love those Elephants! A quilt for mom..... Hmmmm. The wheels are turning. I haven't been up to Michigan for a couple years. How was the summer this year? I have relatives in the Detroit part of the state.
Old 09-09-2022, 09:51 AM

This is the fabric I have chose for the 3 month group.
Attached Thumbnails mvc-941s.jpg  
Old 09-09-2022, 09:52 AM

Cheesehead -- love that fabric!!
Old 09-09-2022, 01:23 PM

Pretty fabric, Cheesehead!

Here’s my second block from my own fabric. I’ll probably make one more for now. I’m itching to get my hands on all those lovely F8s. Been going through websites and books, reacquainting myself with 12 inch blocks. It was a trip through Boom memory lane! Which reminds me, I’m going to open up all the past boom galleries soon so you all can look through them if you like. The link, as always, is in my signature.

Well, it’s supposed to rain here most of the weekend so I guess I’ll be stitching more of my quilt top together but honestly, my mind keeps going to this boom. Better get it done before the F8s arrive.
Attached Thumbnails fbf330c7-05c9-4640-95c2-2c4c85fb7fac.jpeg  
Old 09-09-2022, 01:59 PM
Power Poster

Out first package of fabric arrived today!!! Ding ding ding Janice McC!!
More are expected to arrive tomorrow, according to tracking info. All fabric is due in my hands by the 20th!

Thanks for those detailed posting instructions, Logcabin! I'll see if I can follow them.

polkweed, glad to see your cool fabrics. Be sure to include that note that tells us what colors you want used with these.

Ibex, no, no one collects stamps that I know. Only fabric, LOL. I would be happy to save them for whoever wants them, tho. You, maybe?

Pretty floral fabric, Cheese... can't wait to see it in person.

Love your second block, Janice. Soon we'll all be making them!
Old 09-09-2022, 04:00 PM

Janice, I am so in love with your pansy fabric! Both of the blocks you have made are stunning and showcase your fabric beautifully.

Cheese
Old 09-09-2022, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
This is the fabric I have chose for the 3 month group.
Those flowers are beautiful!!
Old 09-09-2022, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Love those Elephants! A quilt for mom..... Hmmmm. The wheels are turning. I haven't been up to Michigan for a couple years. How was the summer this year? I have relatives in the Detroit part of the state.
It’s been a pretty warm summer here, but I hate how it’s getting darker earlier. I’m going to have to use my happy light soon.
Old 09-10-2022, 04:26 AM

Cheesehead, love your fabric.

Janice I agree your pansy fabric is making for some beautiful blocks.

We had a beautiful rain yesterday that was so needed. I spent the day in my sewing room working on a few projects that I hope to finish up before the boom fabrics arrive.

My prepaid padded envelopes arrived yesterday, the plan is to mail my package to you on Monday Sewbiz

Going to be a rough day for me, driving into the city today for a friend’s funeral

Last edited by terriamn; 09-10-2022 at 04:29 AM. Reason: A