Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign up for December 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -

Blog Entries
    Hello ladies,
    Here is the list of people who have signed up so far for the December swap. Please send me a PM if you want to participate in the Dec Swap but don't see your name. Sign ups will continued until Nov 30th.

bjolly
    buslady
    dotcomdtcm
    Elisabrat
    hearthhust
    jacie
    JuanitaBean
    LJDugas31
    Marytoddliz
    mooretll
    Nancy in lousiana
    Needlegrammy
    Nisa
    PinkLotus
    QuiltingKrazy
    QuiltyMom
    Tesspug
    urgodschild2
    Wanda Lou
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Yippeee! another one joins!! Tam...Moo oh how delightful. Welcome to the group of . mostly sane quilters here! the list is growing.. everyone grab someone to join. Surely how much fun to get another dozen or more to sign up. OPEN OPEN OPEN join along with the other sane quilters! it will be fun.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I did say I didn't have time to do any more DQs for a while BUT... I have found a pattern I want to do for a Dec DQ and I bought some lovely fabric yesterday which is just right for the Jan theme 'Show us where you are from'

Okay I am in - the housework and cooking will just have to wait. Sending PM
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    YEAH! glad your in Lynnie25!
    Lisa B in NC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
    YEAH! glad your in Lynnie25!

Ditto!!!!!
    Barbara

May all your ups and downs be with needles and thread.

sign me up for Dec doll quilt swap. cuppy

Blog Entries
    I just received my 1st doll quilt. It is fantastic. Love the theme which start the creativity.

I'm giving this some serious thought as I missed the Nov. one but I'm thinking I got sooooo much that needs to done by Christmas but............... then what is ONE more item to make right? LOL. It could be a like a birthday gift to myself since Fiday was my birthday. Okay help me come up with more reason to join up....you still have a couple more days to twist my arm so that I join my Second DQ swap Y'all!!!

Hehee,
    Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra View Post
    I'm giving this some serious thought as I missed the Nov. one but I'm thinking I got sooooo much that needs to done by Christmas but............... then what is ONE more item to make right? LOL. It could be a like a birthday gift to myself since Fiday was my birthday. Okay help me come up with more reason to join up....you still have a couple more days to twist my arm so that I join my Second DQ swap Y'all!!!

Hehee,
    Tricia
    Twisting, twisting! awww com'on ya know ya wanna! it's only a little doll quilt, won't take up that much time!
    And then you even get one in mail sent back to you! What could be better than that!
    Lisa B in NC

Quote Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra View Post

Hehee,
    Tricia
    Come on Tricia, I wasn't going to do another DQ but just didn't have the willpower to stop - this swap is just too darn addictive and I decided I couldn't just lurk - I gotta be in the middle of all the fun ! So if I can do it, you can too
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    So busy. Don't know how I'll ever catch up, but the thought of missing a month is unfathomable. Dec will be 8, I think.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    I'm in again Lisa. PM sent. I've read the rules.

I love the theme suggestions. I'm also good with trees.

I'm going on swap 13 for me. I've received sooo many fun quilts by so many talented quilters. A big thanks goes out to all of you. This is such a fun swap.

A big thank you also goes out to you Lisa for stepping in for our fearless leader. Your our doll quilt swap angel!!
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Lynnie Yahoo!!! cooking? who needs that? housework bah humbug if you are sewing how will you notice it needs doing right? never bothers me when I am sewing try it and see!.

Tricia, Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you. Sign up and have some more fun. The chat is worth it alone.

AND SHOW US WHERE YOUR FROM? is that that January Theme? was it Lynnie who said that? if that is the theme then let me know right away. Where your from.. so many things that could be too. like immediately where your from? or statewide/country where your from? ie I live in the mountains so that is immediate, I live in CA which is a much bigger area to define in one wall hanging. so many options. Curiosity.. who decides the theme and how is that decided? I never asked that question.

So if your ready to receive it I will be ready to send it soon as I get your name. I made a holiday block abstractly fitting in the them of four.. ..
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Well, I'm not sure who made the final decision on what the theme would be for past months, but I know most recently it was kinda a joint effort between swappers offering suggestions! SO... with that being said, I am assuming that Krystyna will not be ready to take back over the Jan swap, so i will continue with it. AND that being said.......I am taking ANY suggestions for themes for 2013 months! IF y'all want to change from what last years. just let me know!
    Lisa B in NC

I have started my top and it is a Christmas Angel i hope my partner will be ok with that it is just to cute. I made her with the rose of sharon accuquilt die. I could add a tree or two if need be.LOL
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Blog Entries
    I thought I read this whole thread, but I somehow missed the December theme? Help!! I'm loosing my mind. Oh, no. that has been gone for years.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    For anyone who missed it, here are themes for December swap....
    Theme: The Blues of Winter – or The Big Four O !
    This month you have several choices for your quilt. For The Blues of Winter -- this can be anything
    using different hues of blues OR something related to winter . For example snow, snowman, icicles, sledding, fireplaces, hot chocolate, or traveling to warmer climates to escape winter! (does not have to be blue)
    Then in honor of this being our 40th Doll Quilt Swap or as some might say The Big 4 0. SO in keeping with that in mind you could do something in FOURS, 4 patch, 4 colors, 4 snowmans or 4 any objects or shapes. And, as always, it can be sender’s choice. In all instances, please communicate with your partners!
    Lisa B in NC

I love the theme for December. I can't wait to see what you all come up with as you are such a creative group.

Due to life events I have had to sit out Nov & Dec this year. I have 22 DQ Swap Quilts decorating the walls of my house.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Blog Entries
    Wowzers Paula you go girl. You will be missed.!
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    We will expect to see you, Paula, back in the swap come January 2013!
    Lisa B in NC

Moorell Christmas Angel sounds so cute.

Actually they're all different colors!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
    Bjolly -- a BLUE Christmas tree, right??

Christmas angels sound heavenly I am excited to see so many people signing up. I know Dec is busy but its still such a magically fun time. I think the comment on receiving a present in the mail is right.. thats exactly what it is and you receive something made with care FOR YOU.. now that is priceless. I guess hat is why I like it so much everyone here gets the love of working with fabric and creating something out of it. Then sharing it.. and knowing who gets it will appreciate every thing you did. how lucky is that?
    Linda

Blog Entries
    So far we have 25 people signed up for December Swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lisa B in NC

Blog Entries
    Gosh...I thought I'd have a jump on you ladies and your already talking Jan.
    This will be my 5th. swap and I have loved them all. Sign me up!!!!!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast