Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for June 2012 Doll Quilt Swap Closes Noon EST May 31st

Blog Entries
    What is AAQI ?
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

N2 your quilt is astonishingly pretty! So much like a wee little tiffany window! What a sweet thing to donate to AAQI - it's such a good cause. i really like looking through their donated quilts and plan to do one for them too.
    Ladybug, AAQI is the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (did i get that right?) People donate quilts no bigger than 9 x 12" to help raise money for Alzheimer's research. The idea really took off like a rocket and it raises a lot for the cause!

Quote Originally Posted by Krisb View Post
    Lara, now you have me thinking--what would it be that it was flipped left to right? And 1" squares? Those are so tiny--my less than accurate 1/4 seam would wreak havoc with that, for sure! And the panty clothesline is just hilarious.
    MWAH AH AH AH....! I didn't mean that to be a hint, but it's so vague it's probably gave nothing away. The real hint is that i'm trying to incorporate at least some of what you told me you liked. "Favorite colors are found in nature, especially woods, waters, and mountains, Developing an obsession for rust, gold and orange."
    Truthfully Kris, I cheat a little. I made a foundation paper pattern for 1" squares and sew the squares together with that as my guideline, otherwise there would be no way it would come out even or very nice looking. The quilt would look more like a trapezoid when finished if i didn't do that.

Blog Entries
    Hello Birdlady, I have finished piecing my little DQ for you. I'm making you a glimpse into a perfect summer day. Well almost. (Because nothing trumps being with your family!) I'm starting on borders and quilting this week. Hmmm, now what is the right border fabric. Don't worry, I'll figure it out. lol Hope yours is coming along well. I'm working this weekend, so, not much quilting going on at the moment.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    But who is going to stop ME from PMing!!!!

BTW I just received the latest issue of the Fons and Porter magazine and ... THERE IS A CONTEST FOR SCRAPPY QUILTS!!! If there is anyone on this board who should enter, it's you!
    Oh, dear!! That is a problem!! Can DH help any? Tell him to hide your keyboard!! lollo.lol.lol. Ooops! You shouldn't have told me about that contest.....I love a good challenge and this one sounds like it! If I just didn't have so many projects going...lol....

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
    N2 your quilt is astonishingly pretty! So much like a wee little tiffany window! What a sweet thing to donate to AAQI - it's such a good cause. i really like looking through their donated quilts and plan to do one for them too.
    Ladybug, AAQI is the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (did i get that right?) People donate quilts no bigger than 9 x 12" to help raise money for Alzheimer's research. The idea really took off like a rocket and it raises a lot for the cause!
    Thank you so much, BuzzinBumble! Yea, it looks like a little Tiffany window. Maybe someone can come up with a good name for it. Tiffany Window sounds good too! I just love florals and oval shapes and Nancia's favorite colors are purple and yellow so wanted to incorporate those into it. Wanted to do something graceful and elegant for a change instead of the same routine of scrappiness. I too love to just spend hours looking at all their quilts. I don't see too many stained glass ones so that was another reason to do this. There are super fantastic gifted quilters donating minis there! I feel privileged if one of mine sells.

Blog Entries
    ok, spent all day away from the board, so have been playing ketchup. i dyed 2 pieces of fabric this evening. am off to the laundry room to see what color my wasjer is now! will i use it for your quilt , n2? whooooo knows? the shadow...
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Good going, Nancia! Am getting ready to marble some fab with the Cling Wrap, so much easier and NO chemicals like in dyeing.....

Blog Entries
    baby-- nobody ever said i was easy!!

here's a picture of my first attempt with revisions in red
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nancia; 06-09-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Nancia, what fun, fun, fun! You and N2 are having too much fun with your fabrics! I'm not talented that way, but definately admire such work!

I mailed Lynnie25's DQ yesterday. It has a rather long journey across the pond so to speak? Hope it arrives safe and sound. I hope you get it this month...time will tell.
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    thanks, rw! i'm hoping the final rendition works out a little better! it's a step by step process, and it can take a long time to evolve. hope n2 is patient!

n2-- speaking of you, the fabrics came out pretty good. the pima has some blotches (add character,) and the muslin has a little too much green. oops, was that a hint?
    Last edited by nancia; 06-10-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Been working on my DQ for Abonda, this genre has been allowing me to push myself into some stuff I have not done before. I'm hoping Abonda is not disappointed at my attempt. Bright colors and LOTS of flowers!!! This one is gonna be hard to mail. Even DH eyes lit up when he saw it last night. Now to get it bound and in the mail. Don't get much time to sew through the week and have been sick this weekend. I just hate being sick on the weekend!! Brighter times a comin! I should get 2 DQ's next week! Life don't get any better!!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    buslady get better quick! lots of orange juice, sunshine and chicken soup!

Blog Entries
    Onalee, I can't wait to see this!!!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

OMG, buslady, we are holding our breath! Can't wait to see what you've come up with!!

OMG, Nancia, I just LUV, LUV, LUV (!) what you've done so far! Leave those revision lines --- love the abstractness of this one! I'm soooo very patient. It is looking soooo good! We can't wait to see how it evolves! You've inspired me to do some painting today! (shhh, I need lots of practice with that!) Sometimes though I just like to let the fabric do the talking

Oh my gosh Onalee! I hope you will get well soon. I hate being sick too. I'm sure I' am going to love my little surprise. I can hardly wait. I just love anything that is different and that it is specially made for me. YES!
    Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    Been working on my DQ for Abonda, this genre has been allowing me to push myself into some stuff I have not done before. I'm hoping Abonda is not disappointed at my attempt. Bright colors and LOTS of flowers!!! This one is gonna be hard to mail. Even DH eyes lit up when he saw it last night. Now to get it bound and in the mail. Don't get much time to sew through the week and have been sick this weekend. I just hate being sick on the weekend!! Brighter times a comin! I should get 2 DQ's next week! Life don't get any better!!
    Abonda
    Take time to pray, It is the greatest power on earth!

Blog Entries
    OK. Everyone who is sick -- get better! Fast! You are making us all worry about you. But what a testament to your tenaciousness -- stitching away under these circumstances!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Hi Ladies,
    Crazy Quilting Robin, I need your address to send some crazy quilt stuff.
    If anyone has it and wants to beat her to the punch ... please PM me.
    Thanks!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    just when you thought it was safe to go into the water......
    here is attempt 2. hopefully the final one except, i don't do faces, and i think she may need one. with or without--what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nancia; 06-11-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    oh nancia, I think shes great!, But, I'm voting for a face. Maybe try sketching on paper first. I'm sure you can find some inspiration on the net for "faces".

Blog Entries
    Nancia, your girl is terrific! But she does need at least a bare minimal face? Wow!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    Hello Birdlady, I thought, I'd let you know, My doll quilt is pieced and bordered and layered for quilting. My binding is already and waiting. We had bad "rainy" weather today and lost power several times. So, I didn't get as much done as I wanted. But, I had to shut down the machines to keep them "safe". Tomorrow is supposed to be the same. So, I'll get as much done as I can. I am having such a good time. So many fond summer memories come to mind.

Blog Entries
    Nancia, she is wonderful. I vote for no face. More mysterious!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    ok, as they say around here, that's 2 wit, and 1 wit'out

as i look at her on the screen, her head is too small, but that would probably make her lack of face more noticeable if i made her head bigger. funny how it looks so differnt on the computer, than what my eye sees when i look at the picture.
    Last edited by nancia; 06-11-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    I know I voted for a face. But, I can really see her face in my mind already. It's like it's already there to me.

Don't overthink it Nancia. The color is awesome. And I love the way the lady looks. They came out great. What are you using on the fabric for color. Paint?? Pencils??....?

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast