Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 06-06-2012, 04:08 AM
Swap Hosts

Great little quilts! I am amazed at how fast some of you are!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin View Post
Looks like I will set this one out ladies .... Dr. Selby of OU Medical Center says we are going to do a stemcell treatment soon .... so for how ever long it takes to get my white cell count back up I am out of the game ....but I will be watching you guys and drooling over the beauty you create in miniture ..... have fun and happy quilting ...Crazy Quiltin Robin ...........
P.S. my little crazy quilt is done and will be in the mail Monday .....what fun I had doing that one .....
Robin, I'm sure we all will be thinking of you and do hope and pray that your stem cell treatment is a resounding success. One thing for certain, once you get back in the game, quilting is a very uplifting and healing occupation; whether you are enjoying looking at these pretty quilts here or making your own. Wishing you the best outcome!

Fellow Swappers, I'm a little flabbergasted over how fast the first of you got your quilts finished. But that's good because you've inspired me with your pretty quilts! Kris - I'm rumbling along and making good headway on your quilt!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:13 AM

I have decided on what I want to do and it is all cut out ready to sew. Now if my daughter will wake up so I can go downstairs and sew.

Robin, my prayers are with you and hope you are back up quilting real soon.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:56 AM

prayers and hugs to you Robin
Old 06-06-2012, 10:35 AM

Default Reply

Originally Posted by catmcclure View Post
Well, the partner you assigned me has not contacted me as of yet. I've PM'd her twice and no reply. So, maybe you could have the late joiner PM me and we could be partners????
Sorry, catmcclure. I did reply today. Since it's only June 6th, I didn't really think it was so late. I've been fighting walking pneumonia, severe asthma and shingles at the same time for the past few weeks. The medications really knocked me for a loop and made me extremely dizzy and nauseous so it was challenging for me to sit at the computer or sewing machine. I'm feeling better now but if you would rather be paired up with a different partner Krystyna can pair me up with a latecomer who doesn't mind being paired up with a PITA partner. I apologize for the inconvenience.

JoAnn
Old 06-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by JoAnnGC View Post
Sorry, catmcclure. I did reply today. Since it's only June 6th, I didn't really think it was so late. I've been fighting walking pneumonia, severe asthma and shingles at the same time for the past few weeks. The medications really knocked me for a loop and made me extremely dizzy and nauseous so it was challenging for me to sit at the computer or sewing machine. I'm feeling better now but if you would rather be paired up with a different partner Krystyna can pair me up with a latecomer who doesn't mind being paired up with a PITA partner. I apologize for the inconvenience.

JoAnn
Oh, Joann, I'm so sorry you've been ill. I'm going to PM you. Won't worry. Be happy!
It's all good.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:43 PM

So many little treasures being shown! Love them all.
I am just getting started this month - DH asked me last Thursday "Can you make a baby quilt for xxx this weekend? Their first grandchild was born yesterday and I want to get it in the mail quickly."
Well, that is the first time he has asked me to make a quilt for anyone so I had to scramble but got one done and in the mail today. Now I can start on my June creation.

For you "panty" girls:
"If I have to pull up my big girl panties and deal-with-it one more time - the elastic is gonna break and then I will really show my butt!" Author unknown
Old 06-06-2012, 04:50 PM

Wow! You guys are fast! Glad I decided to drop by and check things out! Can't believe some have received theirs already! What adorable quilts! I agree w/Ninalemon's reply! They are all adorable! The log cabin's purple scraps really accented that LC nicely! I'm inspired now -- gotta get going on mine after seeing all these lovelies! Wow! My partner and I have cooked up some great ideas!! We can't wait to see what everyone does!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post

For you "panty" girls:
"If I have to pull up my big girl panties and deal-with-it one more time - the elastic is gonna break and then I will really show my butt!" Author unknown

LOVE IT!!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:01 PM

I have chatted with my new partner,OOWEE, and found out our travels to Florida each year bring us within 8 miles of her house!! Lucky for us! We plan to meet in October when we travel south. this will make a very pleasant meet up! I have several patterns picked out, and did make samples of each square so far. now the decision of what ones to use.... oh, and by the way, mine will NOT be in the mail this next week, WOW, some of you gals are really on the ball,,,, and so far, as usual, they are all so lovely. happy sewing...... treat yourselves well, rejoice, warm weather is here in Michigan, FINALLY!!

jacie