Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up May 2013 Doll Quilt Swap - Theme Quilty Chaos - Crazy Quilts

Blog Entries
    So glad everyone is having fun so far! And I hope I did a good job of matching you all up with one another.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    So glad everyone is having fun so far! And I hope I did a good job of matching you all up with one another.
    I'm happy thankyou!!!!!!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

you are to funny linny. Can't wait to see my crazy rooster lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Heard back from my partner Debbie (Mooretll), and let me just say that somewhere in this crazy quilt there will be a Rooster......probably a crazy one!
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

I messaged my partner, have yet to hear from her. I see that she also hasn't posted on this thread. I am guessing she just sent the PM to Krystyna. That makes it hard to get to know some one. I will do my best.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Wow! My partner is on the ball-she already sent me a message and I fired one back-I stalked around a little bit and she loves 30's fabrics too! Oh thank you Krystyna on to crazy quilt daze........

Blog Entries
    Jean D - you didn't have to stalk around further than this thread! You said you were working with 30s fabrics and she said she loved them! A win-win match up!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean D View Post
    Wow! My partner is on the ball-she already sent me a message and I fired one back-I stalked around a little bit and she loves 30's fabrics too! Oh thank you Krystyna on to crazy quilt daze........
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    I messaged my partner, have yet to hear from her. I see that she also hasn't posted on this thread. I am guessing she just sent the PM to Krystyna. That makes it hard to get to know some one. I will do my best.
    Hopefully you'll hear from her soon. I think she is new to the board.
    Krystyna

Now how do I find my partner? I did find who I am partnered up with and I checked all of these posts and she has not posted. Now I am supposed to PM her..Help

Oh I know no ones judging. Not out loud anyway . I was referencing a few years back when I had originally been in Chele's swap and put this self imposed pressure onto myself at first. But not anymore. I've also learned so much doing these. I love it. Although the idea that it's for another quilter really makes me tough on myself if I'm being honest. My MIL or DN or BFF doesn't know if my binding isn't right or if my quilting has toe catchers or if my fabric isn't cotton or if my zig doesn't zag. Other quilters do. Weather they admit it or not
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.
    http://blockinaround.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalisa View Post
    I like mini. People look at me funny when I say doll quilt.lol

When I first started the DQ swap I thought it would be easy, and it was, but the idea that other quilters would judge me, really got me flustered and I found myself taking all month to get it just right (even though I never really did). I think some of the new folks probably experienced the same. That probably accounts for the drop. MY DN signed up and is finding it to be a bit of a struggle. She probably won't be re-joining any time soon.
    Goodness Lisalisa...I guess I am a bit afraid my quilt won't be as good as some of the others but it seems we all try and we are all learning more all the time...at least I am. Anyway, I am your partner and I am certainly not a judge of anyones work...I love all of the quilts I see and love seeing them as they arrive. I can promise you I will love the quilt you send me and I hope you will like the one I send you.

Bertie I went back thru April and somehow I missed the little "Sue" you made...that is an adorable and delightful quilt! You can make me one anytime you want if you ever get to be my partner!!!!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    My partner and I have hooked up so it on like Donkey Kong!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalisa View Post
    Oh I know no ones judging. Not out loud anyway . I was referencing a few years back when I had originally been in Chele's swap and put this self imposed pressure onto myself at first. But not anymore. I've also learned so much doing these. I love it. Although the idea that it's for another quilter really makes me tough on myself if I'm being honest. My MIL or DN or BFF doesn't know if my binding isn't right or if my quilting has toe catchers or if my fabric isn't cotton or if my zig doesn't zag. Other quilters do. Weather they admit it or not
    Well tell you what lets trade each other! Hey Krystna how about next Month!! I know my binding isn't perfect But I keep trying. I'm not on enough anymore so I really don't say much period. I would love to trade with you in a swap!!!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Oh Lisalisa, I love the reference of toe catchers, yeah every so often, on a sleepy dim night, I'm still stitching away, I just never had a name for them, now I know, I'll tell myself from now on, time to quit for the night, your stitching toe catchers....

Quote Originally Posted by StephT View Post
    Now how do I find my partner? I did find who I am partnered up with and I checked all of these posts and she has not posted. Now I am supposed to PM her..Help
    If I do not recognize a members name and can't find a recent post I go to the Member List (top of this page )....takes a few minutes but you can find her there.

I am a million miles from perfect. I think there are no perfect quilters. There are lots and lots however who do it with heart. way more important. OK survey: who doesnt worry their work isnt good enough? survey 2: who here is a quilt police licenesed quilt judge of DQ? ah ha thought so. Your safe here. Love is so much better than perfect. maybe it is as close to perfect as you can get

I am chatting it up with Annaquilts and we are going crazy/wacked out/funky chickens. wish meluck. lots of it. soon as Ms. Anna tells me what fabrics colors she likes I am ON. can't wait to raid my stash for my chicken of the month.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I may be fast contacting my partner, but I am probably the last to send my quilt. 1930s sounds fun. I must have 150-180 1930 prints in my stash. I plan on starting a quilt with them this fall. I certainly am not perfect, in fact I had to redo some of the April spring quilt at the last minute and still wish I had done some things differently. I am going to try some new things from time to time and I am sure they won't be perfect the first time, but that is how we learn. As long as we keep trying and do our best, and we give something that we are proud of and wouldn't mind receiving ourselves, then that is all that matters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StephT View Post
    Scroll all the way up to the top of this page. Look at the right where it says Private Messages. Click on it. Put her name in there and send away. Let us know if you have any problems ... I am so drugged up right now waiting for the dentist on Friday, I don't know if I'll be much help.
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    LjDugas31 and I have been in contact...sooo excited to start
    My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

I like 30's too.......but actually making something with them would mean i need to cut into them! :::gasp:::::

Lynnie25 and I have connected! She's already started so I better get to work.....
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Now about this 30's fabric-I thought the little stash I was squirreling away was a lot-but 150 to 180 kinds-oh my!
    I stopped at one of my favorite quilt stores last week and she said they would be getting in the Darlene Zimmerman 30's prints, the whole line soon! Uh-oh I better get busy, gonna need some more!

I sent AlaskaAlice a PM regarding May's swap.

Thank you, Sharon, for the kind words about my April mini, Sunbonnet Sue and the Golden Rule, haha. I think my partner liked it -- she didn't send it back!

Someone tell me again how I can Bookmark this page. I've tried at least 6-10 times to add it to my Bookmarks and then I can never find it! Arggggghhhh!

QuiltingKrazyRobin, I hope everything goes well for your bone marrow operation. Hugs and get well soon!

Blog Entries
    Bertie, go to the top of this page over the title of the thread. Click on "Thread Tools" then click on subscribe to thread. Select the notification you'd like and then scroll down to click on SAVE. (Were you afraid to PM me? )
    Krystyna

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Last May there were some beautiful little crazy quilts ..... I believe the crazy quilt idea was awesome because it puts the quilter outside there comfort zone and teaches them to create ..... I come from a long line of Crazy Quilters ..... last year we heard comments about how much fun it was to work in a different way than normal .... sometimes going outside the box starts the creative juices flowing .... all you ladies should give it a try .... the beautiful thing about crazy quilting is it don't have to be perfect .... IT JUST HAS TO BE WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE .... my partner made a beautiful little quilt and used every stitch on her machine and I love it .... it was her modern device version of a crazy quilt it was so pretty ....... if I wasn't going to be in the hospital I would be here in a heart beat .... no matter how you work anyone can make a crazy quilt different colored thread and machine stitching ...... hand stitching .... go with it and have fun with it ....... missin you guys ....getting shots every day now to make the stem cells grow .... will be watching and loveing the swap this month.... the pic is of my crazy quilt I got last year from JillnJo (Nancy) all done on machine its adorable .....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast