Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ?

So pleased to see that Krystyna and her family are safe. We are seeing some unbelievable pictures here on TV in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy and the low lying areas sure are a mess. I do hope all QB members in the path of that awful storm are safe. Material things can be replaced, good friends can't
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Am so glad your alright Paula .... I hope Krystyna and all the others on the coast are keeping dry and warm .... this is such a horriable storm ..... everyone is in awe of it .... we saw the island towns today on Fox news .... I feel so bad for them all ..... prayers for everyone effected by this horriable storm
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

Good Morning Ladies, I know that I've been gone for a while and I'm sorry, I do miss the board dearly, BUT........ I am on this morning just to give y'all an update on my dear soon to be mother - in - law Krystyna. Even though our home was badly flooded and so was the rest of our community, we are all alive and well. There is no power, no gas, no water, no nothing and I am at my parents house in a village that has all of there own utilities and bring this update to you guys from here. We are all very thankful for everyone's prayers and well wishes, I know that yall love her as much as Blaze and I do. Cell service is spotty, if mostly non- existent in our community, and most of long island. I just wanted to bring you guys news of miss K, and let everyone know that she is safe. We hope everyone else on the Board who lives in the area effected by hurricane sandy is alive and well and just remember that we might of lost material objects, but we kept our lives and families, and we still have each other and that is what matters the most!!!

Blog Entries
    THANK YOU Melissa! for the update. I expect if will quite sometime before power is restored and things get back to even remotely as what used to be the normal! Please give Krystyna a big hug from all of us on the QB and let her know we are thinking about her and ALL those affected. Please let her know the NOV DQ Swap is continuing on and I am doing a pretty good job filling in for her! She has to many other things to worry about right now. Let her know her partner is still going to get a DQ ready for Krystyna and does not expect one in return. (I did speak with Buslady)

Our Prayers and thoughts are with all affected!
    Lisa B
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Oh Melissa, thank you for keeping us posted. Sending big hugs to yall. You are in our thoughts!! I am so glad that you made it through the storm.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Hello Quilters! Anyone else want to join in for the NOV DQ Swap???? I have and odd number of swappers so that makes one extra person right now without a partner. I know we usually have someone signing up late so I'm sure everyone will a partner. OR mayby 2!

Glad to hear news from JauntyMelissa about Krystyna's situation. I feel for all those going thru this mess!
    Lisa B in NC

Blog Entries
    JauntyMelissa, thank you soooo much for your update on your mom to be...and all of you, her dear family! Is she in a shelter, do you know? How is Blaze? She said he was sick? Keeping prayers going for everyone that's been affected by Sandy...take care and keep the faith!
    Ronda

she is not in a shelter, and Blaze is doing much better. I got him to my parents house (lucky them, they werent badly affected by the storm) and he is back on his feet. He gave us such a scare!!!!! My poor love , but right now he is home with K and helping with the clean up. I am at my parents house getting everything ready so she can come over and have a nice hot meal and hot shower and escape for a few, where she will have a laptop and internet so she can hopefully come onto the board and read everything and give you her own update. I saw the red cross finally there today so hopefully FEMA is soon to follow. We were one of the worst hit communities on long island, along with part of my parents village, and a few places west of us in Queens, and a few in the next county over. But we are all alive and that is what matters the most.

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    JauntyMelissa, thank you soooo much for your update on your mom to be...and all of you, her dear family! Is she in a shelter, do you know? How is Blaze? She said he was sick? Keeping prayers going for everyone that's been affected by Sandy...take care and keep the faith!

Blog Entries
    PARTNER LIST HAS BEEN POSTED AT...
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...ml#gmessage661

Please let me know if y'all have ANY questions!

Lisa B
    Lisa B in NC

Blog Entries
    Thanks QuiltingKrazy! Will PM my parter! My DQ is already done and because it's thanksgiving themed, I will be mailing it really soon!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    Thanks QuiltingKrazy! Will PM my parter! My DQ is already done and because it's thanksgiving themed, I will be mailing it really soon!
    Well we should just change your board name to "Quick Draw McGraw" hehe
    Lisa B in NC

Melissa thanks for the update, been praying for you all and will continue to do so. Stay safe and give Krystyna a hug....
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Blog Entries
    I am so thrilled I get Tam moo again. we have been swap partners in other swaps so this is just so awesome!!!! she is just going to love my dq for sure. Need to pull the fabrics inbetween everything else I have going on. Oh this is going to be good.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    I am so thrilled I get Tam moo again. we have been swap partners in other swaps so this is just so awesome!!!! she is just going to love my dq for sure. Need to pull the fabrics inbetween everything else I have going on. Oh this is going to be good.
    YEA! I'm glad you are so thrilled with your partner! I did try my best to assign new partners to each person from the list I had.
    Lisa B in NC

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
    YEA! I'm glad you are so thrilled with your partner! I did try my best to assign new partners to each person from the list I had.
    Your doing great QuiltingKrazy ..... we all love to swap so any partner is cool .... this is a great bunch of ladies ... and youve taken on alot in a very short time .... thanks for takin over for Krystyna while she is recovering from this horriable disaster ..... thanks again CQRobin
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

Blog Entries
    I The partner I have is Cuppy, sent her a message. But I am going to be gone until Monday night!

Give Krystyna a big hug from me! Stay safe and dry and be sure and send a prayer my way on Sunday when I will be running 26.2 miles in Fresno (I sure hope it won't be too hot!) I am running to raise awareness and money for Breast Cancer research, well that and the fact that I am just part crazy and love to run!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    GoodLuck Marybeth!! I hope you have great weather for your run.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Thanks Melissa for up date been praying for all. Glad Krytyna is ok Hope the rest of the QB ladies are ok too. will keep prayin for all connected with Sandy be safe. Juanita

Nancia is my partner this month. We did a mugrug swap together and she is a fun lady to swap with so I am super excited. Have sent her a PM but like Marytoddlizz I will be offline for a few days but not running anywhere (I leave that to my daughter, she runs marathons) - I will be lazing around at our fishing shack, sewing a bit, reading a bit, eating a lot, maybe I should fit in a walk or two there somewhere too
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    Lynnie, I am so jealous! Sounds SOoooo relaxing at your fishing shack! Enjoy a bit extra for me!
    Lisa B in NC

Anyone wanting to help make a friendship quilt please contact [email protected] ...
    Or just pm here ... but my mail box is getting full and I dont know how to empty it .......lol CQRobin

figured it out my mail box is down where you can pm me
    Last edited by Crazy Quiltin Robin; 10-31-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

Well tada! I joined! and I am a lucky duck i have Quiltingkrazy as my partner. doing the happy dance now! We both love things a bit off kilter so this month will be fun creating a work of art! lol at least a work of something to be sure. I think it is very kind of you Melissa to keep everyone aware. I think you are on to a road of fun and adventure with the new family to be Your mother in law is a marvelous lady. Lucky you! my what a lucky day for all.

Saturday I should get started on this.. starting is good. Its that finishing that seems to take forever.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Hey Ladies! I have someone that wants to play this month for her first go round in Doll Quilt Swapping.
    Somehow her PM got lost between me and Krystyna.. Anyone up to a second partner or know anyone else
    who wants to sign up??? Let me know. Thanks
    Lisa B in NC

Blog Entries
    Hi Ladies! Going to keep this short since I am so tired and just not thinking clearly. We are OK but I think I have to leave the house because I am coughing and think it is from the mold and filth. I hope you don't mind, but I'm pasting a note I sent to other friends below. Can someone please share with the Secret Pal folks?

You'll have to forgive me if I sound confused. I am not thinking clearly. Just
    looking at everything is more than the mind can take in. We walked up to the
    boardwalk two days ago. There are two main road here, Park Avenue and Broadway.
    Broadway looked like something from an armageddon movie. Mountains of sand, road
    caved in and ponds of water, weird foamy crap blowing. Most of the board walk is
    gone as is the sand and the ocean is ... well, the fancy pants condo owners
    REALLY have oceanfront property now. Cars tossed here, there and everywhere.
    Chunks of house.

You look at stuff and wonder, what am I looking at? The landscape is like one of
    those children's puzzle books. "Can you guess what this is?" We have posts from
    an emergency lane on the beach in our front yard and piece of a local
    restaurant.

My business is destroyed. But then again, so is most of my house. Rod has to
    work and when Blaze was ill, I had to do what I could myself. We got two sofas
    out tons of soak books, but I haven't even begun to scratch the surface. The
    refrigerator and deep freeze tipped over and were floating. We did have oil
    lamps and water and lots of canned food but I learned a lot in the process which
    I will share at some other time.

There are mountains of stuff in the malls. No one is clearing it away. People
    parked their cars up on the grassy malls in the middle of the street but they
    were covered and are destroyed including the car we just got for Blaze. FEMA is
    towing them away and there is a rumor that they will pay book value. But who
    knows if that is true. Cars were going on fire all over including Blaze's friend
    who stayed with us. They shorted out and burst into flame. An awful stink.

Now there is another stink. It is good to be away from it and breathing fresh
    air.

I tried to file with FEMA online but need a checking account number and ... duh
    ... don't have one with me.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Part two
    Right now my phone is charging but most of the cell towers were knocked out so
    reception is very sketchy. Can't really make a call. They take forever to charge
    too, so only texts. Sometimes have to stand on top of a
    car and turn around to find a signal. So that's why everything is sketchy.

There is no Red Cross, no FEMA. Nothing. There is a curfew from 6am to 7pm
    because we heard there was looting. At city hall they were just handing out
    flyers that told you to get out and to stay away from the boardwalk because it
    was dangerous. I looked the PR woman in the eye and said, "So you have nothing
    useful. Just stupid paper to earn you overtime." And shoved it back in her
    chest.

The National Guard is here patroling the streets. Overnight they brought in
    portosans and we have one on our block. Some places have three, some ten some
    one. Makes no sense.

As I mentioned, there was a huge truck with cases of MREs. The black people from
    the projects got on line, got food and then got back on line again. It was gone
    in no time.

I went by the insurance office. There was a sticker on the door that said "Talk
    to us about flooding" ... but it was closed up tight.

I cannot begin to describe the devastation. That will have to wait until I am
    able to post photos. Suffice it to say everything in our first floor is covered
    in mud and who knows what else. I don't know if it will stand or not because the
    crawl space is still flooded. Everything is toxic. I was downstairs making a
    roast beef when I heard the gurgling and then saw the water coming up in the
    floor. The roast is no more. I looked at the door and saw the rush of water and
    we grabbed what we could and ran upstairs. The waves were crashing onto the
    house at about 4 1/2 feet high. When I looked down the stairs later on, the
    first thing flash light fell on was a print of Jesus, the Divine Mercy looking
    directly up at me. I knew we would be OK.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast