Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Summer 5" Charm Swap - Color Theme: (PURPLES)

I can imagine your dining room table with over 200 bags of purple squares...how fun! And how much work!! Thank you , Redstilletos, for all of your hard work!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    WOW! you got them sorted fast Red! Thank you, I know it takes a lot of time and effort on your part. Much appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Thank you red for hosting!
    I have a suggestion, would it be possible to have a 2 color swap? For instant green and yellow or whatever you choose.
    Also, a swap with white on white, or any background charms.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Thank you Red for hosting this swap. I also appreciate you doing it for all of us.

Thank you ladies for my beautiful purple fabric blocks!! amazing! Thank you Red for all your hard work!!!Great swap

when is the next swap coming

I received my Purple Madness! Thank you Red! You really hustled to get this sent out so quickly!

There are several votes for green to go with the pink and purple. I am thinking that teal or turquoise would make a lovely contrast. That's my vote anyway.

Thank you all who participated. I couldn't be happier with the purple charms; you sent an awesome variety! A special thank you to you, Red, and I love the handmade extra!

I have an idea that may relieve the burden on our hostess for deciding between everyone's personal interests. You have probably heard of the very popular Rainbow Scrap Challenge at http://superscrappy.blogspot.com. Each month a different color is selected for participants to use up their scraps. I'm not suggesting a swap each month, but maybe you could use the "color of the month" whenever you start a new swap.

Blog Entries
    Thank-you Red for Hosting, thank-you all for contributing. I had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get enough purple for the swap, but now, this gorgeous variety of purple is going to make a beautiful quilt......I am back to dreaming of a pattern to showcase them. Any scrappy ideas out there?

Just received my purple package........heading to my sewing room.......shan't be seen for a few hours thanks Red for doing this for us. Ohhhhh and I love the idea of the fabric covered clip....

I received my package full of pretty purples!!! Thank you ladies!

Thanks Red for doing another successful swap! Also the clip is so cute ...thanks

Barb
    "Queen B" of the "2017/18 2.5" Birthday Swap

Got my purples and they are beautiful! Thanks to everyone for swapping. Thank you Red, for hosting and for the cute little surprise. You're so creative.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

My purples arrived today too! Yippee! Thanks to all the swappers, and a big thanks to our hostess for all the work and the cute little clip! Anxiously awaiting the announcement of the next swap!
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Just received mine as well! Youngest daughter and I had fun looking through them. The wheels in my brain are turning, but I don't really get to use them until I finish hand quilting the one I'm on (should finish tonight) and a thank you table topper for a relative. THEN I can play with the purples
    Thanks, Red, you are an awesome hostess!!

Thank you, Red! That was fast!

I received my package with the purple charms too! Thanks to all!

RedS, Thank you for your time and efforts. It was a lot of envelopes you had to deal with.
    Your experiment with the clips was interesting. What type of glue did you use? I wonder if it would help to rough up the clip with sandpaper first, in order to help the glue hold tighter? The fabric was cut so perfectly, I wondered it you cut it after it was attached with a razor blade or exacto knife?

Received my beautiful purples today! Thank you fellow swappers and than you Red for letting me join the swap at the last moment.
    I received from
    Red Stilettos
    JuanitaBean
    Linda D
    Jane Quilter
    Sunrise450
    Pinkflowers
    AnnieQuilts
    BarbaraKibler23
    Jaba
    givio

Blog Entries
    No purples yet but I feel there is plenty of time for them to get here. In the meantime I can be happy for those that have received theirs.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Quote Originally Posted by givio View Post
    I received my package with the purple charms too! Thanks to all!

RedS, Thank you for your time and efforts. It was a lot of envelopes you had to deal with.
    Your experiment with the clips was interesting. What type of glue did you use? I wonder if it would help to rough up the clip with sandpaper first, in order to help the glue hold tighter? The fabric was cut so perfectly, I wondered it you cut it after it was attached with a razor blade or exacto knife?
    Hi Givio: I was experimenting with fabric glues. I was wondering about adhering issues, so if any of you have any please let me know. I think your idea of sanding the clip lightly first might be a good idea. I also was wondering about mod-podge (like what we used back in the 70s!). As for the cutting? I took a 2.5" charm and cut in half and then just trimmed to the length I needed. Was relatively easy, and I think I see more of them in my future. Might be fun for the office, or even office coworker gifts. Glad you liked them!

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
    No purples yet but I feel there is plenty of time for them to get here. In the meantime I can be happy for those that have received theirs.
    Sunrise if you don't receive today, please let me know as I mailed them all priority mail. I'll do a tracking for you if they don't arrive for you today

Red I make shabby chic clips and sell them to hold a small picture .sold a lot to co workers. I use cloth washi tape . I have used paper with mod podge also works. I put flowers pearls exc. I will send you a few maybe will help you create yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
    Red I make shabby chic clips and sell them to hold a small picture .sold a lot to co workers. I use cloth washi tape . I have used paper with mod podge also works. I put flowers pearls exc. I will send you a few maybe will help you create yours.
    LJ: that sounds like a great idea. I'd love to see some pics! I am not good at creativity, but I can do a mean copy hehe

Received my purple charms today and they are awesome! Thank you, Redstilettos for hosting and for the cute clip - very clever!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast