Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Wall Hanging Swap - March to June 2022 >

Wall Hanging Swap - March to June 2022

Wall Hanging Swap - March to June 2022

Old 05-11-2022, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Heathermom2opmc View Post
Yes I have. It is almost done. Hand quilting on it of course. I hope that the group likes this one. It is a little "different" then a traditional pieced work. I even added a happy fun backing print.
Can’t wait to see it! You do such nice work. I really need to try a little hand quilting one of these swaps but I have a little problem with even stitches 😂
Old 05-11-2022, 08:19 PM
Power Poster

skaduzy, try some 'big stitch' hand quilting. It's the only kind I can do! And it's very 'in style' right now.
Old 05-12-2022, 06:07 PM

Thanks for the hint sewbizgirl….I’ll have to try that. It will probably be easier for me. 😀
Old 05-16-2022, 06:59 AM

Love your wall hanging R-sea. Looks like an old fashion country home. I love those homes.
Thanks everyone for the compliments on my wall hanging. Hope whoever gets it will post a pic.
Going to miss you Lena. Good luck with everything going on in your life.
Old 05-18-2022, 12:25 PM

Well everyone here is my wall hanging for this round. I am hoping it is not to plain. The 3D pinwheels remind me of summer when I was little and we would buy pinwheels for the yard at the grocery store checkout. On the back there is a fun hot air balloon print. In the center there is a hand quilted feather motif using variegated quilting thread. There are father swoops near each corner as well. I think I will include a lint roller in this swap. Certainly a last minute de-linting will need to be done before this one ships out.
Attached Thumbnails image_67234817.jpg   image_67211777.jpg   image_67235841.jpg   image_67571201.jpg  
Old 05-18-2022, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Heathermom2opmc View Post
Well everyone here is my wall hanging for this round. I am hoping it is not to plain. The 3D pinwheels remind me of summer when I was little and we would buy pinwheels for the yard at the grocery store checkout. On the back there is a fun hot air balloon print. In the center there is a hand quilted feather motif using variegated quilting thread. There are father swoops near each corner as well. I think I will include a lint roller in this swap. Certainly a last minute de-linting will need to be done before this one ships out.
Pretty neat! I like the 3D pinwheels and never would have thought of that. Love all those bright colors and hand stitching. 😊
Old 05-18-2022, 07:29 PM

Heathermom2opmc, good looking wall hanging and the hand quilting is terrific! The pin wheels are so colorful against the background. You did a great job.
Old 05-19-2022, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

Super cute WH, Heathermom. Love the print on the back too.

I agree, black fabric is like a lint magnet, LOL!
Old 05-19-2022, 11:17 AM

Super cute WH, heathersmom! Hand quilting looks wonderful, too!
Old 05-19-2022, 04:27 PM

I've done tesselated flowers that looked like these pinwheel but they looked flat and yours look like they're moving...Just like I'd visualized mine. Please can you share how you did it? And I love your hand quilting too and have never done it