Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Winter 2019 I Spy Swap

Sorry to go MIA yesterday - had an early dental appt on a problem crown, ended up having to pull the tooth. My immune system is so compromised a dental infection continuing was going to be a real problem. So I was on pain pills and went to bed - but am better this morning. And it is too cold for ice packs!

Ladies, keep hunting for I Spy fabs and jump on in!
    One day, when I am frayed and strained and drizzle at the end, please someone cut a square and put me in a quilt that I might keep a child comforted.

Winter I Spy Swap

I didn't have much I spy fabric so I ordered some from 4my3boyz.com. It should be here tomorrow hopefully. If I does then I will have all weekend to cut my I spy fabric. Right now I had enough for 2 sets.

jeez rb....take care of that! I'm in the middle of the two-part crown process, too. Yuck!

I went home last night and looked through all my fabric. I had enough for 5 sets. My new I spy fabric should be here today. Yeah fabric!!!!!!! I know what I will be doing tonight. Cutting more I spy squares.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
    I went home last night and looked through all my fabric. I had enough for 5 sets. My new I spy fabric should be here today. Yeah fabric!!!!!!! I know what I will be doing tonight. Cutting more I spy squares.
    There are worse ways to spend a Friday night! Fondling fabric is at the top of my fun list!

Updated sign up list of confirmed participants: (And Lisa gets a gold star!)

Rbwiese
    Have4boys
    Bullock2us
    Bonniekeller81
    Bkay
    Moonrise - Received
    Mmonohon
    Stafar
    Queenbarbiej
    One day, when I am frayed and strained and drizzle at the end, please someone cut a square and put me in a quilt that I might keep a child comforted.

Winter I Spy Swap

There are worse ways to spend a Friday night! Fondling fabric is at the top of my fun list!

Updated sign up list of confirmed participants: (And Lisa gets a gold star!)

Rbwiese
    Have4boys
    Bullock2us
    Bonniekeller81
    Bkay
    Moonrise - Received
    Mmonohon
    Stafar
    Queenbarbiej

Winter I Spy Swap

I have 14 sets ready to mail on monday.

Blog Entries
    I am going to look to see what I can come up with. I never did this swap before, but I have a large Ispy lot, so I should be able to join in ok. I will get back to you soon.
    Marcialee

Wow! You have 112 bags of charms ready to go? Boy, I'm just a piker with my 2 sets. Be sure and label them set 1, set 2, etc. It will make it tons easier for Rena.

bkay

Maybe I said it wrong bkay, I have 14 bags of 10 different fabrics. If 14 is too many I can take some out?

Maybe I said it wrong bkay, I have 14 bags of 10 different fabrics. If 14 is too many I can take some out?
    Of course not. Don't worry about it. You can probably rearrange the charms to work. The I Spy group has done the swap a certain way for a while. Redstillettos did her I Spy swap like she has done her all of her 5" charm swaps. The "old rules" for I Spy, which Rena is using was used prior to her illness and is the one the previous host of I spy swaps used.

A "set" of charms is 8 bags of 10 charms. The charms in each bag must be 10 different fabrics. A set can have all the same 10 fabrics in each bag, or they can be different. If you want to swap more than one set of 8, the second set should be a totally different from set 1. You can swap as many "sets" as you would like, as long as each set is unique. Label each set as set 1, set 2, etc. This process gives more variety to the charms you receive.

Just rearrange your charms. It will be fine.

bkay
    Last edited by bkay; 02-04-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Well I went shopping and didn't find a whole lot of anything different or interest sparking.

I might be going up to my cabin where my sewing stuff is this weekend. So unless I have more in my stash I can use, I might be sitting this one out

Stay tuned....

Red I mailed off my Ispy fabrics. I PM'D you the tracking number.

I assume you meant 14 bags of 10 fabrics?

Winter I Spy Swap

Would love to have you join in.

Quote Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
    I am going to look to see what I can come up with. I never did this swap before, but I have a large Ispy lot, so I should be able to join in ok. I will get back to you soon.

Winter I Spy Swap

Rbwiese yes that is 14 bags of 10. I have already mailed them off to you. I sent you the tracking number

Is it too late to sign up? If not, I am in for 1 set of 8 bags, 10 different fabrics. I hope I've found some unique fabrics. They should be ready for mailing before Friday.

No, it's not too late. She says she wants it in her hands by Feb 28. I have a mail date for me of Feb. 22. So we have at least two more weeks until mailing time.

bkay

I can make the 14 bags work!

Rbwiese yes that is 14 bags of 10. I have already mailed them off to you. I sent you the tracking number

Winter I Spy Swap

Marymount good to see you - will add you to the list.

Winter I Spy Swap

Several Squishies are on their way - it iscslwsys fun to open them and see all of the fan fabrics everyone has found.

Winter I Spy Swap

Rbwiese, if you would like, I can make two more bags send them to you and put in extra money for shipping.

Hi Rena, do you want cash enclosed for postage or will you do paypal again?

bkay

Quote Originally Posted by rbwiese View Post
    Marymount good to see you - will add you to the list.

Marymo - darn autocorrect!

Winter I Spy Swap

Received 2 more packages today - have not had time to open any - Wed are really busy for me!

Everyone tell your friends here about the swap, could use a few more players! I have emailed pretty much everyone who participated in the last swap or 2.

Rbwiese
    Have4boys-received
    Bullock2us
    Bonniekeller81
    Bkay
    Moonrise - Received
    Mmonohon
    Stafar
    Queenbarbiej-received
    Marymo

Winter I Spy Swap

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast