Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Themed 12.5 Block Swap

Sooo pretty!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Beautiful blocks, I have to repeat Libster on the snowflake! It is stunning!

Thank you JayneW. They were a beast to make! I hope you both get one since you seem to love it.

GracefulAnn they all look great and I can't wait to see them in person, all the blocks are so much more beautiful in person.

Armylady u are lucky u get to see them all. I'm so jelly!

Quote Originally Posted by GracefulAnn View Post
    My idiot moment for today. I just realized the other swap photos never posted. Duh!
    Attachment 582068 Attachment 582066Attachment 582067
    I am hoping to get one of those mugs with the checked background. I just love that one. I agree, it would be fun to see them all in person. How fun!
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Graceful Ann, hope you kept a snowflake for yourself! Great blocks. I also loved the posted Log Cabins, have never done that type of block. All great thoughts for the future.
    My blocks were mailed yesterday & receipt says delivery by tomorrow, fingers crossed!
    Armylady sent you my tracking number by pm.
    "The only war that matters is the war against the imagination." - D. DiPrima

redgarnet I thought you'd hosted swaps before? No? I wish I had more of that checked fabric. It's not homespun and it's a bright cherry red color.

Great blocks ladies! I'd love a snowflake too GracefulAnn. K-roll I love your star & I miss your snowy owl! I was secretly hoping to get one.

My blocks are on their way!!

LOve all the blocks, hope I can have one of those scottie dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by GracefulAnn View Post
    redgarnet I thought you'd hosted swaps before? No? I wish I had more of that checked fabric. It's not homespun and it's a bright cherry red color.
    Yes you are right, I hosted many, many of them here on the board. But, I still like to see them in person. It really does make a big difference. Right?

I went out looking for just red and striped fabric on line the other day and it was all I could do to find some. I suppose time marches on and tastes change. I love the check too. I have a little left from a while back, but I think it would be pretty easy to find now. That has been in style since last fall. Checks and plaid shirts you see them everywhere in the stores.

Happy sewing everyone. I can hardly believe that the holidays are soon upon us.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Loving all the blocks! Can't wait till we get out blocks back. So excited.

K-Roll I received your blocks today, what a speedy trip.

Ladies I am waiting on one more package and then I will begin swapping and get them mailed out as soon as possible. As soon as everyone receives their blocks then I will draw for the extra blocks and get them mailed and then I will post the new swap as soon as I get approval.

I am thinking of doing a Churn Dash or Spring swap but if I do the churn Dash then I am thinking of adding something else to it not for sure if floral or a color mixture. What do you ladies think?

I would love a 12 1/2" Churn Dash of one color family in any shades of that color. Any print would suit me, florals, plaids, geometrics, even mixed, as long as they remain in that color family.
    I like doing the sets of 4 blocks.
    Come on, Ladies, what ideas do you have?
    ArmyLady, whatever you decide will be fun!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Here is a great tutorial for the Churn Dash block, if you decide to go that way - https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutori...al-t73577.html

Then, a red, white and blue star would be fun.........and then, and then.........you are going to be really busy ArmyLady! LOL

Rena
    One day, when I am frayed and strained and drizzle at the end, please someone cut a square and put me in a quilt that I might keep a child comforted.

Fall 2017 I Spy Swap

I may pass if it's a churn dash. My guild is doing a Christmas Churn Dash swap and I still have 16 blocks to complete which means I haven't started them yet! lol I will still lurk and ooh and aah

OH, it will be so tempting to join if it's a churn dash swap!! My very first quilt block I ever made was a red churn dash, so I have a "soft spot" in my heart for churn dashes!
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a Gift!

She who sews shall surely rip

GracefulAnn I received your blocks today. Ladies all the blocks have been received by me and I will start Monday on the swapping out of the blocks. My grandson has his Birthday Party this weekend so I will not be able to start until then.

Yay armylady! Have fun this weekend and while swapping out those blocks.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Hi ladies bad news the birthday party had to be canceled due to my grandson being sick all night we will do something for him at school on Monday. I have taken pictures of all the blocks so you all can see them all now that I have them I will see how many I can post in one message so I may have to make a few different post. So let get started and all you ladies take care of your eyes while looking at all the beautiful blocks.
    Name:  IMG_1706.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  1.80 MB
    Name:  IMG_1725.JPG
Size:  1.45 MB
    Name:  IMG_1732.JPG
Size:  1.79 MBName:  IMG_1733.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  1.69 MBName:  IMG_1734.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  1.88 MB

Ladies I will have to post more pictures later I lost my IPad to my granddaughter so she could watch Sarah and Duck. Oh the grandkids. LOL LOL.

lol I don't have grand kids yet thankfully but I'm looking forward to spoiling them when I do get them.

Took me longer then I'd like to admit to figure out what the Mickey Mouse button had to do with winter!!!!!! lol lol lol
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Kassaundra they are the buttons for you to attach. I am posting more pictures.

Name:  IMG_1736.JPG
Views: 53
Size:  1.81 MBName:  IMG_1737.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  1.82 MBName:  IMG_1738.JPG
Size:  1.86 MBName:  IMG_1739.JPG
Size:  1.02 MBName:  IMG_1740.JPG
Size:  1.66 MBName:  IMG_1741.JPG