Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: "A WOMAN"S FAVORITE THINGS" funky swap... sign up closes August 15th

Blog Entries
    love them kitties, i gotta think b4 joining this swap

Blog Entries
    RED,
    just love Love, LOVE your love block

Oh my goodness ! Another of Red's fun block swaps. Do I have time ? Can I think of anything ? Definitely have to think about it/

Blog Entries
    Remember ladies, we have a couple of months before due. I am sure we could whip up something right?
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Lots of us are thinking about! Great minds think alike! LOL.

Blog Entries
    Ok, I accept that one, I thought my mind was on the great side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltpd View Post
    Oh my goodness ! Another of Red's fun block swaps. Do I have time ? Can I think of anything ? Definitely have to think about it/
    It is true... Look at the dates everyone. THis one has a long time before the blocks have to be made and here to me.

Just let me know quiltpd... we would love to have you join in the fun.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    RED,
    just love Love, LOVE your love block

Thanks lynnie! Your so sweet.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Red, I love, love, love your high heels and your love blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
    Red, I love, love, love your high heels and your love blocks.
    Thanks so much sherry!
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I have never done anything like this before. So, I guess I will make a block and see if it's up to par. I'm kinda nervous about my blocks not being as nice as everyone else's. And I have to think about something girlie. No ideas are popping in my head. I do applique quite well. So if I fused my applique and sewed around it, would that be okay?
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

It would be great jcrow! How fun to have you with us. There are experianced and newbies in our swaps, so don't worry. Have fun with them and they will be wonderful.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    jcrow, we love all kinds of blocks. Let us see your wonderful appliuque work. Hey, there are no purses yet, I know my mil has several, depends on the coat she wears and where she is going. That is an idea.

You know Red, I am just going to have to say yes, I watch this everyday and just can't help myself. I have a little time to get them done so count me in. I know what I want to do, a sewing machine for sure, then I have that beautiful floral fabric left over from a backing on a quilt that I will make into a pieced block, then still trying to decide on the other thoughts, the tub sounds cool, 3 hours to stitch it out though. I may make different ones just to mix it up. I have at least three different designs of the tubs and then add some coordinating fabric to border them. Yeah, will do four sets. This will be an adorable quilt to hang at the office. Finally, something feminine. The wilderness blocks swap hangs in the office right now.

Such cute blocks I am seeing.....................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ ........... I may have to sign up.........
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

What is the tub idea?

It is a great animal print tub! I am so glad you joined in quilermomma! I have you down for the four sets. Whoo Hoo!!

I had some great red rooster fabrics left from my last atavar quilt pic, so I thought a "Best Girlfriend's" block was in order for this swap. These are 61/2 x 6 1/2. I hope you all like it. There was just enough to make the seven blocks.

I have two more of the love blocks to satin stitch up, but this one called to me to make today! LOL....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 05-10-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
    Such cute blocks I am seeing.....................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ ........... I may have to sign up.........
    Oh yes... I would love that mariposa! We have a dozen swappers already.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 05-10-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    Oh just do it Mariposa, you know you want to because i am now. I can read your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
    No, I replied to the wrong post. Sorry, I meant to reply to the batik flower block. Keep the blonde.
    I loved the colors of your flower, and think it will be great in the batik flower blocks. But our loss or you could still join us. lol Robbi
    Robbi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post

Me too!
    In my quilt lab!

Blog Entries
    I did a bad thing last night. I had to go and get a new bobbin case for my sewing machine, been using the same one for seven years now new one was in order, but then I just had to paruse the fabric selection and found this "hunky man" fabric which reminded me of my husband so I bought it to share. Do you mind terribly if I made some blocks with it? You know the men in our life are our favorite thing, at least in my house he is because he is the only one besides the dog. We have five daughters and no boys so he is spoiled. Let me know if that is ok. They are construction men. yes, they are in jeans, did not buy the one wher ethey were in their shorts. And they are wearing construction hats, just no shirts. If to much flesh, let me know, I will make a pillow case for my daughter otherwise with it. I just thought would be the "funky" for this swap. Id di also buy some dear ladiy fabric that I will piece a border around that will be cute as well. Just had to look didn't I.

Blog Entries
    Here's an idea I have for my first set. A toile rose.
    What do you think? colors??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In my quilt lab!

Blog Entries
    I love florals. I saw that design. I was considering putting it on my Mother's Day Cards, but didn't know how it would stitch on vellum. Love it here!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    What about the green fabric?
    Should I change it?
    The block measures 9.5"
    In my quilt lab!

I think this would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    I did a bad thing last night. I had to go and get a new bobbin case for my sewing machine, been using the same one for seven years now new one was in order, but then I just had to paruse the fabric selection and found this "hunky man" fabric which reminded me of my husband so I bought it to share. Do you mind terribly if I made some blocks with it? You know the men in our life are our favorite thing, at least in my house he is because he is the only one besides the dog. We have five daughters and no boys so he is spoiled. Let me know if that is ok. They are construction men. yes, they are in jeans, did not buy the one wher ethey were in their shorts. And they are wearing construction hats, just no shirts. If to much flesh, let me know, I will make a pillow case for my daughter otherwise with it. I just thought would be the "funky" for this swap. Id di also buy some dear ladiy fabric that I will piece a border around that will be cute as well. Just had to look didn't I.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast