Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Bebe's messy sewing room >

Bebe's messy sewing room

Bebe's messy sewing room

Old 09-05-2013, 06:25 PM

We are each our own worst critics! Your room is special... I can tell by the objects you have all around. I try to clean between my projects but if I'm to busy feeling all creative and stuff to do it, then I will catch it on the next break...maybe. You just keep on keeping on... a few things out of place will be just fine!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:13 PM

You call that messy??? I refuse to take pics of mine!! My sewing is all over the house........Living area, guest bedroom, and office/sewing room(and maybe a few tractor parts in there too). My sweet hubby never complains about my main sewing area in a nook of the living area, but if it keeps spreading, he may draw the line! lol
Old 09-06-2013, 12:08 AM

It doesn't look that messy. I try to clean up between projects. Or when I lose my last pair of scissors .
Old 09-06-2013, 12:37 AM

I like your room. Your L shaped work area is very functional, it says " sit down here and let's sew" lol!!

i especially like the little green vintage sewing machine peaking out behind your beautiful block. Is it a 185k? I just got one, its adorable.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:10 AM

A good idea is to put up some shelving on the walls, maybe where the wall hanging is, and get more stuff off surfaces. I also use clear plasitic bins (they keep things dust free but you can still see through them). Another idea is a 3 drawer plastic drawer set under and to the side of your ironing table. You can store stuff in that out of site but convenient. Your room looks comfy and fun and looks like you have a very creative mind.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

Einstein had a "messy" desk too! Your room looks like you are very creative, and busy with projects!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by bebe View Post
I give up I clean this room over and over and it never stays clean. I give up
Let it stay messy and let me sew.
A tour some of my fabric stash in wire baskets, books, patterns and other machines in my closet.
More wireed baskets with my fabric, my green singer sewing machine.
My Bernina sewing machine on my L shape table.
The cutting tablechubby made for me the right height for me and easy to move has rollers and storage space love it
Okay back to work in mymessy room.
GOSH If our (my daughter and myself) sewing room looked like yours I would be delighted. My daughter has a small internet business and she sews constantly leaving little time for cleaning. She has piles on top of piles. I scold her to no avail. Sometime I don't even enter because the mess has overflowed into my area.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:36 AM

Messy is in the eye of the beholder. As long as you can find what you need, have room to function and are inspired to create in your space. It should work for YOU and not somebody else.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:55 AM

I love your room. It looks like someone works and watches TV and has fun. Enjoy it as long as you can and don't worry about the chaos. As long as you can work comfortably, just do it.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:18 PM

Hey--your room looks great to me...what's the problem! As long as you can find what you are looking for! Just keep sewing.