Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
clever idea for storing fabric panels >

clever idea for storing fabric panels

clever idea for storing fabric panels

Old 01-07-2020, 06:52 PM

Default clever idea for storing fabric panels

Image zoomStop losing fabric panels in your stash! Fold each panel into a page protector and store the page protectors in binders. This helps cut down on duplicate panels, makes the panels easy to view, and keeps the panel accessible.

Old 01-08-2020, 04:14 AM

Thanks SueZQ, I have a few panels that would be perfect to put into a binder...great idea.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:18 AM

Very clever idea!!
Old 01-08-2020, 04:38 AM

Clever indeed!
Old 01-08-2020, 05:34 AM

I really like your idea, Thank You.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:46 AM

Thank you! What a great, wonderful idea. Mine are laying around in no particular order and I don't have a clue as to how many or anything. Thank you!!!
Old 01-08-2020, 12:13 PM

What a great idea! Thanks!
Old 01-08-2020, 12:49 PM

Binders can be great for many things and they can be really expensive to buy, but thrift stores often have many, especially the extra large sizes. If they are ugly, well we are clever and can cover them in many different ways.

Also, we get a lot of office and weird business supplies here, most of the thrift stores have an office section -- look there for heavy duty plastic page protectors. All sorts of really good things to use as quilting tools.

They also work well to keep those little pattern envelopes in one spot. I find even still those like to fall out, the best page protectors for those are the ones that open from the hole punch side, not the top.

Edit: Among my goals for this year is to clear out a drawer I have with quilting designs and stencils. I keep copies of things I actually use plus the various things we buy... I'll be putting them into a binder with page protectors, or at least things that can be folder and/or fit in there. That will great organize my drawer and protect my designs from getting completely trashed. I never know if I'm going to use a motif again, but I always keep a sample in my stuff along with notes from each project. I should probably update that notebook too.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 01-08-2020 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:26 PM

I use binders for many quilt related things but never thought about storing panels in a binder. Wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

It is a novel idea, but I'm not sure I want to store fabric behind plastic. If concerned about buying duplicates, maybe just keep pictures of your panels in a binder, or better yet on your phone or computer.