Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: fabric shelves before and after

Blog Entries
    AWESOME JOB!!!! Quilting just got a WHOLE LOT EASIER for you!
    https://napquilting.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/NAPQuilting/

My GOAL is to ALWAYS ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

Quote Originally Posted by IBQLTN View Post
    what size do you cut your boards?

I cut them about 8.5 X 11.

Wow! It looks great! Wanna come and organize my stash? lol

looks fabulous!
    Live, Laugh, Love & Quilt!
    Weasie

I just love the way this looks, very nice, and I could see how easy it would be to spot the perfect fabric from your stash.

Question, what about fading? I only ask because I had a quilt folded on a cedar chest at the foot of our bed, not in direct sunlight and when I opened it up, the edge was faded. Could this happen to fabric stored like this? I have shelves with plastic tubs and I just hate going in them to look for fabric, but I have always been worried about fading if I put the fabric in the open. Any have any answers.

sew neat and organized.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
    It took over 10 years to get that much fabric. A lot of them are only 2 yard cuts.
    It looks great, I love looking at other stashes & thinking "I have that fabric".
    .* .*)) -::-
    ((.*~Dody.*))
    -::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...

I got some of the foam board but i'm having a problem deciding what size to cut it . What size did you cut yours???

Quote Originally Posted by Lakelady64 View Post
    I got some of the foam board but i'm having a problem deciding what size to cut it . What size did you cut yours???
    i cut mine about 8.5 x 11. I get 5 from each board that size plus one narrow one. I have a square scrap left over I'm giving to my daughter in law for her home school projects this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by chickadeee55 View Post
    I just love the way this looks, very nice, and I could see how easy it would be to spot the perfect fabric from your stash.

Question, what about fading? I only ask because I had a quilt folded on a cedar chest at the foot of our bed, not in direct sunlight and when I opened it up, the edge was faded. Could this happen to fabric stored like this? I have shelves with plastic tubs and I just hate going in them to look for fabric, but I have always been worried about fading if I put the fabric in the open. Any have any answers.
    I suppose it can happen to any fabric stored on shelves no matter if it's folded or wound onto bolts. I have one piece of fabric that has faded over the years but it faded on all the folds, not just the one exposed to light. It was blue so it didn't hurt my feelings any to toss it.

Scissor Queen. I would love to see how you store your scissors. It seem long ago you stated that you have over 200 pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Ageless View Post
    Scissor Queen. I would love to see how you store your scissors. It seem long ago you stated that you have over 200 pair.
    Uhh, well, they don't really get stored all that much. They tend to migrate around the house. I think there are scissors in every room of the house. I don't just have sewing scissors either. There are four pairs of those carbon steel Chinese scissors floating around here and there's a pair of those "cut a penny in half" scissors around here too. I have several different organizer things that have a pair or three stuck in. Decorative tins are always good for marking pens and a couple of pairs of scissors. I also have a small plastic organizer bin on my sewing desk with several pairs. I have one fancy pen/pencil holder from my tax days that's perfect for scissors. And of course they're just parked here and there.

I'm not sure I could even count them anymore. Every time I try I'll find several pairs that I missed and end up losing count.

Thank you for your help. I can't wait to started on my fabric.

Wow! Looks great! I thought the before picture was mis-labeled and I would have been thrilled if it was my after picture.

Looks very neat and organized.
    Country 1

Blog Entries
    Very very nice. I'm in the process of putting my fabric on boards.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    Oh, how very pretty! Just so jealous....

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    Okay, that's it! I'm earmarking this post so I can show my hubby the next time he has a fit over sewing "stuff." Of course, I have way more stuff than I could ever use, but THAT is not the point! 200 pairs of scissors....now that's having a good point! (sorry I couldn't resist)

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
    Uhh, well, they don't really get stored all that much. They tend to migrate around the house. I think there are scissors in every room of the house. I don't just have sewing scissors either. There are four pairs of those carbon steel Chinese scissors floating around here and there's a pair of those "cut a penny in half" scissors around here too. I have several different organizer things that have a pair or three stuck in. Decorative tins are always good for marking pens and a couple of pairs of scissors. I also have a small plastic organizer bin on my sewing desk with several pairs. I have one fancy pen/pencil holder from my tax days that's perfect for scissors. And of course they're just parked here and there.

I'm not sure I could even count them anymore. Every time I try I'll find several pairs that I missed and end up losing count.

Very nice - wish I had the space to be able to do it too!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful! You make me drool! Love the bamboo oriental picture!!

Oh, my goodness, your stash looks great!

Blog Entries
    you are so organized
    nice

Love your organization and sewing room.
    This is the Dollar Tree website page for the Readi-foam boards. They are a $1.00 each and you can order a case for $50 from the store or online. I just used an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper as a template and drew a line around them on the foam board to cut out the fabric boards. I cut them out with a hobby knife. You get a ton of fabric boards out of a case. Very cost effective.

http://www.dollartree.com/classroom-decorations/classroom-decorations/Readi-Board-Foam-Boards/809c809c809p16450/index.pro?method=search

me too. wish there was a like button.
    Quote Originally Posted by JenDale View Post
    ok 'serious drooling' going on here...admire your stash and just love the finished look...
    Maria D Gomez

wow! can you do with fat quarters and what is most yardage that can go onto a piece of board?
    Maria D Gomez

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast