Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
HELP....with thread organization. >

HELP....with thread organization.

HELP....with thread organization.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:34 PM

I used foam board cut to fit the plastic drawers,then used E6000 and glued golf tees upside down.For deeper drawers I used extra long tees. Works great!!
Old 07-08-2013, 05:55 AM

Pam S. Is one sheet of pegboard thick enough to hold the pegs/thread. I asked my son about cutting me a piece of the pegboard and he said it wouldn't be thick enough.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by cactusmomma View Post
Pam S. Is one sheet of pegboard thick enough to hold the pegs/thread. I asked my son about cutting me a piece of the pegboard and he said it wouldn't be thick enough.
I've glued the pegs in the holes and they hold pretty well. Occasionally I will have one come out but I just glue it back in. I've also used the pegboard in drawers for years to hold my embroidery cones. I hot glued the first ones in, but then I went to Elmer's wood glue. Both worked for me. I actually think the Elmer's worked best. The dowels I used were a tight fit to begin with so they don't have a lot of wriggle room.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:42 AM

I bought a ten drawer unit at BJs for $30 bucks. I like the small/thin drawers so I don't have to dig. I separate my thread by type/color/embroidery/etc. The spools lie on their sides so I can see the colors. I also like it on wheels so that I can move it around when I need it or anything. Whatever works.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pam S View Post
No pics, but I bought a plastic rolling cart from WM, the wide one that has 3 deep drawers (got it on sale for about $20 I think). Cut pegboard to fit the drawers and glued dowels in about every 3rd hole. One drawer can hold about 35 large cones and the whole thing can slide under the LA when not in use. So far I've only filled one drawer but I put my rulers, stencils, and other tools in the others.

I think this is an awesome idea