Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
I got a new chair from Amazon >

I got a new chair from Amazon

I got a new chair from Amazon

Old 06-15-2015, 07:49 AM

I've got to get one ordered for at home - keep forgetting!

I have the backless version at work. I wheel it between the cubicles, depending on who I need to be working with (there are only four) and my staff also uses it as they need to. We had a cheaper one and it wore out, but this one is doing very well. We've had it about 6 months now. I'm also a bit well endowed below - and find it very comfortable to sit on. The first one was smaller in diameter, and not as comfortable.

Everyone finds it comfortable and well built. Even the shop guys liked it so much (they us it when working with the Purchasing Agent to select something specific online - easier than standing and leaning over) that they had her order them one for their area too.

I'm going to get another backless one for my "machine shed" so I can easily roll it around depending on which machine I may be working with at the time.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:05 AM

Thanks to all of you. This might just be the ticket for both sewing and computer work.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:11 PM

I just ordered one of those stools, too. I never sit all the way back in a chair, and the office chairs are sloped towards the back and way too long front to back. I can reach the floor, but up, down, up, down all the time is faster sitting on the edge than all the way in.

As for stuff made in the 60s and 70s:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]522762[/ATTACH]
The base is massive aluminum, I think the chair might be leather or a very good naugahyde. It has shown no signs of ripping. It had the small wheels on it, we replaced with larger. I bought it used and have had it for over 20 years.
Attached Thumbnails 14346647018370.jpg  
Old 06-17-2016, 07:49 AM

I know this is an older discussion, but I am looking for a new chair for my sewing room. The height adjustment broke on mine and I'm too low to sew comfortably for very long. For those of you who have this stool, are you still happy with it?
Carol
Old 06-17-2016, 10:58 AM

I was just thinking yesterday while I was sewing how much I still love my chair. I still highly recommend it. If it broke I would replace it with the same thing.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by gale View Post
I was just thinking yesterday while I was sewing how much I still love my chair. I still highly recommend it. If it broke I would replace it with the same thing.
Thank you, it sounds perfect! I will be ordering one today!