Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I love my sewing room :)

I love my sewing room :)

When we moved into our new house almost two years ago, I finally got my own sewing room. It has been a work in progress but I love it. I am hoping that I will be able to get as nice of a space in our next home in AZ this summer. It is a military move so you never know what you end up with

All my furniture came from Ikea and most from the scratch and dent section but any damage at all is barely noticeable . My sewing desk and computer desk are identical and were only $129 each. The black bookcase was only $60 and the white cabinet $120. The cutting area are actually two taller 4 drawer dressers back to back so there is storage for rulers and lots of other quilting items; both came from the scratch and dent section and were only $120 each. The tall dresser ($50) next to the computer desk holds my beading and scrapbooking supplies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

love your sewing room. One day I hope to have a space that looks as nice as yours. Thank you for sharing.

Nice room!!

Looks great. Moving so often would freak me out. Don't know how I could move all my stuff that often. I have only lived in 4 different homes since I was born so I have no experience in moving. Great room, enjoy, and thanks for your service to our nation.

You have made that a terrific space! Wonderful job finding all the furniture you needed at great prices. Good luck with your move to AZ and a big thank you to all of your family for serving our country.

It is wonderful to have your own space for your crafts. Yours looks great and you have been very creative and frugal with your purchases.
    Deanne Ellen

Quilts,Books,and Wine,Oh My!

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    It's an awesome sewing room!

Very nice and sew organized. Thanks to you and your family for your service to our great Country!...
    Country1
    Country 1

Power Poster
    ​Great room but it looks so neat. Get in there and mess it up!

What a great space!

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Tartan, I cleaned it up before taking those pictures...I am working on several projects right now so there is a lot more going on I do like a clean sewing space though and have to periodically tidy it up...

Beautiful space!

What a fabulous space you have! I can understand why you are wondering what lies ahead in AZ.

It does my heart good to see another quilter out there with a tidy space. I take a lot of good-hearted teasing but I cannot function any other way. Just my nature. :-) I sometimes think I enjoy quilting and sewing so much because then I get to tidy everything up.

Enjoy your space. It's terrific.

best,
    d
    My best is the least I can do.

You have an awesome sewing room. Thanks to you and your family for your service to our Country. You are right, with a military move you never know what you will end up with.

Blog Entries
    Love your sewing room...so organized! I am in AZ and if you need any help at all just PM me. Do you know what part of AZ you are going to? If you want help finding quilt shops or classes let me know. Thank you for your family's service to our country.
    Create with joy in your heart!

Your room is great! I didn't know that Ikea had a scratch and dent section but will be sure to check that out. You got some great deals

Love your room.. With my last move I lost mine .. I am trying to figure out now how to fit my bedroom and sewing room into one 10x12 room LOL . Everything is in storage right now. I do not envy you another move.

Great sewing studio. I bet you love working in it. I hope your new one will be even better.

Really nice sewing special place to play, create, ......
    Carol

Drool, drool, drool, drool!

Love your space. Thanks also for sharing the details about the furniture. Good to know prices for future reference. Happy sewing!

So nice and neat!!! I have been keeping my closet door in the spare bedroom shut because it's such a fabric mess! You may have inspired me - maybe.

Best wishes on your move ... your new place certainly has a tough act to follow to match this dream room!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi View Post
    Love your sewing room...so organized! I am in AZ and if you need any help at all just PM me. Do you know what part of AZ you are going to? If you want help finding quilt shops or classes let me know. Thank you for your family's service to our country.
    We are heading to Fort Huachuca, AZ the end of June. It is in Sierra Vista, AZ about an hour south of Tuscon. I found out that Sierra Vista has a quilt shop but will appreciate all the help I can get from fellow AZ quilters I have already "met" some ladies through this board from AZ and that will make this move so much easier. I actually checked up on the availability of a quilt shop before I checked out the local schools (I still have a High Schooler!)

Awesome room!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast