Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My "cutting" room

Red face My "cutting" room

I have just finished posting some pics of my "new" sewing room re-do & because my rooms are small, I use 2 former bedrooms for my quilting. 1 for sewing (earlier post) & 1 for my cutting room which I will now post some pics. I think they are a little dark, so forgive me for that. My DH built me 2 beautiful shelves to display 2 more of my vintage machines & made me a large ironing mat for a cabinet that we purchased so that I still have some storage. You can just see the wicker baskets undernearth the ironing mat. This room is also home to our sofa bed, in case we have company. Wish I had the extra room but we need something for guests to sleep on !!
    Thank you for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dance like no one is watching

Nice. Someday maybe the wall could come down so it can be an all in one sewing room.
    Denise
    Beware the SnapDragon... part of me has snapped and the other part is draggin.

I thought of doing that but the exercise of having to get up to go to the next room is good for me. I have a bad back & sitting for too long is not good for it, so this forces me to get up. They are right next to each other so it's really not that bad. After working in a not nice space for years, I feel like I died & went to heaven. Our bedroom is huge but taking that over is as they say, out of the question. I am very happy with these rooms.

Lucky girl!!!

Love your setup! I am envious.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

You have a great area. I'm sure you are enjoying your new space. I sew in a former small bedroom too. It kinda crowded so I have my cutting table downstairs in what was a family room. Small pieced I can cut ok but with larger fabrics I go downstairs.

I love the quilt you have hung in your room. I can't wait to have a quilt hung up in my quilting room.

Wonderful cutting room! I love how your rulers are so organized. You are lucky to have such a nice space.

Blog Entries
    Great rooms! I too use a guestroom to sew in. Mu cutting table is dinig room table. I too have bad back can only sit and sew for very short periods!!

Love the shelves for the sewing machines. Enjoy your lovely space.

I work in a "Guest room" too but I have a big space and I had the closets lined with shelves to use for my crafts and quilt stash. I keep thinking get rid of the bed would help but that is my design space. I love your old machines being displayed.

Blog Entries
    I have a small room too...It would bigger if I removed my treadmill and massage chair but I have no where else to put them...I wish my rooms were bigger.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, makes me & DH very proud, especially DH & I appreciate everything that he does for me. My vintage machines are: Cutting room (dark shelf) 1923 La Vencedora with domed top, white shelf 1936 Celtic swirl that was given to me, Sewing room: small shelf - 1946 FW, right hand shelf 1914 Sphinx (which I removed from the treadle cabinet as it is in bad shape. I also have a New Williams treadle machine from late 1800's that I am still working on. It comes in a beautiful oak cabinet which just needs some minor "spit & polish".
    Thanks for looking.

wonderful that you have mirrored doors. Doesn't that make it feel a bit bigger? sure works for me.
    We needed a decent sized space for guests and grandkids for years, and I am finally going to have it.
    Yay!
    I love, love, love seeing other ppl's sewing spaces. thanks
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Blog Entries
    I love the way you are able to display your collections and the couch is a wonderful addition. To have a nice place to comfortably hand sew would be wonderful. Thanks for the great ideas.
    Quilted Blessings

If you can't notice it on a galloping horse at 60 feet, it's just fine.

Terrific cutting room! Nicely organized! I love the shelves and your machines!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Lucky you to have graduated to better quarters. Your hubby did an awsome job with the woodworking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
    wonderful that you have mirrored doors. Doesn't that make it feel a bit bigger? sure works for me.
    We needed a decent sized space for guests and grandkids for years, and I am finally going to have it.
    Yay!
    I love, love, love seeing other ppl's sewing spaces. thanks
    Yes, I love the mirrored doors. They are in both rooms & they are sliders so they don't open up into my rooms & take up space. When I started into the vintage journey, the sole purpose was to put them on display in my 2 rooms & so far it works. I have a chance for another, a Singer Spartan, but unless it's a portable I won't be able to take it as I won't have the room. Thank goodness my DH makes such beautiful shelves to help display them. I know I am very lucky (but I hope he thinks he is too !!!) LOL

Both of your rooms are great. You have them so well organized. I need to make my sewing rooms better quilter friendly.

A great room and beautiful machines. Two rooms are better than nothing. I sew in a small room and in my dining room.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Power Poster
    Very nice.

Blog Entries
    Great rooms. I love how you have your 1923 La Vencedora with domed top displayed on the dark shelf. The way the domed top is hanging so you can see it and the design of the machine is great! I could use a couple of those shelves.

Blog Entries
    What a lovely area. It would be fun to work there. Happy for you!!!!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Nicely decorated room! Enjoy your two wonderful new rooms.

Now, if that glass jar had some chocolate in it, this room would be finished!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast