Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Organizing

I do use those hooks but never thought about using them in that way. It just might work Thank you

I too have had a lot of frustration trying to find a way to keep all my go-to gadgets where I can find them when I need them. I finally found a solution that I am quite happy with.

Name:  20181111_212622-RESIZED.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  135.3 KB Name:  20181111_212653-RESIZED.jpg
Size:  140.9 KB

I made a cover for a wooden TV tray with lots of pockets all the way around. I made a pocket long enough for cutting tools, and some narrow enough for things like seam rippers. I backed it with ironing board fabric and trimmed an old cutting mat down so I can cut and/or press without getting up. Because the table is so lightweight, it is so easy to move it (and all my beloved gizmos) around in case I'm working in another area, like when I'm doing FMQ at the dining room table, or if I decide to do some pressing/trimming in front of the TV.

As you can probably see in the photo, it is also the perfect size for those times I need my serger.

Blog Entries
    Simple and smart, JJBlaine!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

DJ
    JJBlaine ~ That's quite the portable tool caddy. You've thought of everything. I've been known to get a TV tray out with a pressing mat to work on in the evenings in front of the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlaine View Post
    I too have had a lot of frustration trying to find a way to keep all my go-to gadgets where I can find them when I need them. I finally found a solution that I am quite happy with.

Name:  20181111_212622-RESIZED.jpg
Size:  135.3 KB Name:  20181111_212653-RESIZED.jpg
Size:  140.9 KB

I made a cover for a wooden TV tray with lots of pockets all the way around. I made a pocket long enough for cutting tools, and some narrow enough for things like seam rippers. I backed it with ironing board fabric and trimmed an old cutting mat down so I can cut and/or press without getting up. Because the table is so lightweight, it is so easy to move it (and all my beloved gizmos) around in case I'm working in another area, like when I'm doing FMQ at the dining room table, or if I decide to do some pressing/trimming in front of the TV.

As you can probably see in the photo, it is also the perfect size for those times I need my serger.
    this is very clever, JJ! I thought I was pretty good at finding ways to
    sqeeze in a little more storage space. Hadn't thought of this .
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

I have a rolling storage cart kind of like this, but the frame is bamboo. I think it was from BJ's, many years ago. I had a label maker on my wish list for Christmas, but nobody gave me one! Guess I will have to go get it myself, lol. http://www.smile.amazon.com/Metal-Fr...torage+drawers

Very nice...thanks for sharing.
    bjsmith57

Quote Originally Posted by just janet View Post
    I use a carousel from Pampered Chef that is meant for kitchen utensils. I have all my rotary cutters, scissors, marking pencils, small rulers, etc. I keep it by my machine right within reach and I can rotate it to find what I need instantly.
    I use the same thing. It's called a Tool Turn-About.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imakwilter View Post
    How do you wonderful ladies organize your small quilting items like seam rippers, needles, thimbles etc? I have so many different containers that when I want something I have to look at numerous containers to find them. Maybe I have to much “stuff”��. For example, I have a container of different notions for hand quilting, machine sewing, and others. Just could use some ideas . Thank you
    I use Oversized coffee mugs to hold the rippers, smallish rulers, scissors etc and try to have them at every machine. That way I don't have to go looking for stuff.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-02-2019 at 02:18 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Jackie
    Lover of Scrappy, Chocolate and Wine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2