Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   2nd Update to Reorganizing my Sewing and Quilting Supplies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/2nd-update-reorganizing-my-sewing-quilting-supplies-t221225.html)

pollyjvan9 05-11-2013 07:59 AM

2nd Update to Reorganizing my Sewing and Quilting Supplies

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I am still working. I really thought I would be finished by now. Ha Ha. I have decided I am a hoarder and didn't know how much I had until I started trying to get it all into one small room (9 1/2 x 9 1/2'). Below you will see two photos, top half of one wall, and bottom half of same wall. See that laundry cart that is in pieces? See that step stool? Yep, you're right. I fell off the stool onto the laundry cart that I was sorting scraps into as I was putting fabric on shelves. Not hurt, just a small cut on on one hand. As you can see I have quite a mess, all of this was in the closet of this room. HINT: before you start, empty the closet! I really have accomplished a lot, utility room is empty of fabrics, I have moved my clothes from one closet to another - after removing fabric. Have moved my daughters clothing from sewing room closet to her room. I'm getting closer. Maybe next week I can show you the finished product.

crafty pat 05-11-2013 08:11 AM

Looking good. So glad you were not hurt when you fell.

sewplease 05-11-2013 08:40 AM

It's so scary when you fall. I'm glad that you are OK! The project is coming along fine!

Prim Quilts 05-11-2013 08:47 AM

You are definitely making progress. Glad you weren't seriously hurt when you fell. Sounds like something I would have done.

chips88 05-11-2013 09:59 AM

glad you didnt get hurt in your fall. great wall of fabrics you do have a lot. let me come and pick out a few color choices here. wow.. be careful in the future.

Country1 05-11-2013 11:00 AM

Can I come shopping at your house? Love all the fabric!... You are doing a great job! I am so thankful you were not seriously injured!.... Sometimes the little falls can do alot of damage. Stay SAFE and have fun and PLEASE keep us posted.

omacookie 05-11-2013 11:08 AM

You are getting it together at last. Congrats!!!!!Glad that you did not break anything.. The organization is looking GREAT!!! Hugs

Nammie to 7 05-11-2013 06:28 PM

I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to have that much fabric! You have organized it beautifully. Isn't it amazing how much work all this takes. One thing always leads to another.

ShabbyTabby 05-11-2013 07:31 PM

And I thought I had a lot of fabric !!! LOL. I'm just jeajous. My DGD moved out into her own apartment and so now we have her room as her sewing room (I live with my daughter and her hubby). So far we have repainted, shampooed the carpet and moved all the sewing stuff in there but nothing is organized. Once we get it "liveable" I will post a picture. Oh and my DD found a used Kangaroo Kabinet and it's just like brand new. I am soooo excited. It's the big one the "Aussie". Can't wait to set the insert for my Viking so I can get to sewing again....

Tartan 05-11-2013 08:48 PM

​Sure looks pretty but be careful!