Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   All 4 walls are done now!!!!Yah (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/all-4-walls-done-now-yah-t175623.html)

spartan quilter 01-14-2012 01:47 PM

All 4 walls are done now!!!!Yah

4 Attachment(s)
I have been painting away, got all the walls done, and am adding the pictures to show the room in it's infancy. The room is 12x20. This first picture is looking to the southeast and I will have about an 8 ft square design wall, and I have started a Dear Jane, so those are the pieces that I have attached so far, to try to make the squares blend. [ATTACH=CONFIG]303099[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]303100[/ATTACH] Now this is looking to the northeast, where I have a closet and will be putting shelves in there. [ATTACH=CONFIG]303102[/ATTACH] This is looking to the northwest, and the door goes outside. The last one looks to the southwest and this is where I will have 2 desks for my sewing machines. I still have a long wait ahead of me, to get the lights and outlets hooked up, then the carpet and the trimboard, but I know it will happen. I am so excited.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]303103[/ATTACH]

joyful1 01-14-2012 03:18 PM

Great work area!!!! Can understand your wanting it done, I was the same way with mine, lol, I spend a lot of time in mine. Love the yellow colors you picked!!!

Grandma Jane 01-14-2012 04:31 PM

Great space, my sewing room is yellow, too. I wanted a room that was light and airy feeling.

Judith1005 01-14-2012 05:00 PM

Gorgeous area. I know you will be glad when it's done. Will keep checking back for progress updates and pictures.

SittingPretty 01-14-2012 08:03 PM

Really coming along nicely. I envy you all the space! My room is only 12 X 13, but I do have a really large closet with shelves.

Panchita 01-15-2012 02:43 AM

So, so jealous. It will be fabulous when it is finished and you can move in!!

gramma nancy 01-15-2012 05:05 AM

It's going to be a lovely space -- and what a great quilt to christen it with!

sept97 01-15-2012 05:22 AM

great idea having the outlets up that high

Weenween 01-15-2012 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by spartan quilter (Post 4874497)
I have been painting away, got all the walls done, and am adding the pictures to show the room in it's infancy. The room is 12x20. This first picture is looking to the southeast and I will have about an 8 ft square design wall, and I have started a Dear Jane, so those are the pieces that I have attached so far, to try to make the squares blend. [ATTACH=CONFIG]303099[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]303100[/ATTACH] Now this is looking to the northeast, where I have a closet and will be putting shelves in there. [ATTACH=CONFIG]303102[/ATTACH] This is looking to the northwest, and the door goes outside. The last one looks to the southwest and this is where I will have 2 desks for my sewing machines. I still have a long wait ahead of me, to get the lights and outlets hooked up, then the carpet and the trimboard, but I know it will happen. I am so excited.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]303103[/ATTACH]

I sure like it a lot good for you,you deserve one.

spartan quilter 01-15-2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by sept97 (Post 4876029)
great idea having the outlets up that high

Yes, thank you. And to all who have posted comments, and to those who just look. I have always hated moving a desk or other piece of furniture to plug something in. I wanted those 2 switches to control the light fixtures above and also the outlets beside them, so when I shut off the lights, I am also shutting off my iron and sewing machines. He thought I was a little daffy, but I knew what I was using the space for, and that is a safety factor for me.