Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Anyone have their sewing table in the middle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/anyone-have-their-sewing-table-middle-t223836.html)

LuckyGemini 06-17-2013 03:58 AM

I also have it set up in the middle of the room. With a design board behind me and another table in front of me. With 2 tables side by side it makes a very large work area for cutting, ironing and sewing. I just walk around the area to each station.

tjbeaver 06-17-2013 04:10 AM

I like mine in the middle area so I don't feel crammed against a wall and I have more room for my projects to overflow if need be.

Jackie Spencer 06-17-2013 04:55 AM

My table is too large to put in center of room, 8 ft. by 4 ft. I have a large sewing room, it sits at one end, but I have my back to the wall and face out into the room, and my design wall is behind me.

mjhaess 06-17-2013 05:04 AM

I sew in the dining room table....

Jan in FL 06-17-2013 05:08 AM

I am also in the middle of the room. I like the light from the window behind me and the view of the door and the TV. The only thing I struggle with is the number of electrical cords running under the table to the extension cord to the wall. I just can't seem to find the right place for them so that I am happy. I keep readjusting them.

quilt queen 06-17-2013 05:11 AM

Mine is in front of a lg window overlooking central texas landscape...it's time for fawns to be born,,,and I usually see these beautiful little babies thru my window..can't beat that, at least for me.

katesnanna 06-17-2013 05:13 AM

My main sewing table is at a right angle to the wall under a window. I tried having my back to the wall but it didn't feel right. I have a 7 foot table and two adjustable tables along one wall. The one furthest away from me holds my embroidery machine. I also have a Horn sewing table but I'm going to sell it as it's not necessary. I bought it for my embroidery machine forgetting about the embroidery arm. Still it allowed me to save $300.00 off my Janome table for my 6600. I have cement floors so can scoot all around on my wheeled chairs. I'm just so glad to have my sewing room, my retreat,"My Happy Place".

girliegirl 06-17-2013 05:37 AM

Dining room table for me too! Needless to say we eat in the kitchen.

Originally Posted by mjhaess (Post 6126933)
i sew in the dining room table....

kay carlson 06-17-2013 06:44 AM

My sewing table is in the middle of the room. I pull my storage chests (Craftsman tool chest bottoms on wheels) to a convenient location and get ready to play. The design wall is to my right, family room furniture straight ahead, and misc. support table to my right. I need to get up and move around so the Big Board is in the next room, along with a six foot cutting/planning table on bed risers. I am in seventh heaven. Speaking of which, that's where I am headed now. Piecefully yours...K

rilene 06-17-2013 07:48 AM

Mine is in the middle. I can't stand having a wall in front of my face!