Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   check out those thrift stores (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/check-out-those-thrift-stores-t203143.html)

tlambing 01-03-2013 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi (Post 5759100)
Hmm for some reason I was able to upload more then one pic this time....oh well here's more of the rm I spend the most time in.Thanks for looking and the topic.

Omg, I am in love with your roll organization system! I really need something like that! What a great idea. Your room looks fantastic, I love your bright colors, we could be besties ;) thanks so much for sharing your pics.

craftiladi 01-04-2013 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by tlambing (Post 5759162)
Omg, I am in love with your roll organization system! I really need something like that! What a great idea. Your room looks fantastic, I love your bright colors, we could be besties ;) thanks so much for sharing your pics.

Thanks for your nice comment.

earthwalker 01-04-2013 09:16 PM

Oh Dee....you certainly work magic with your finds. What a fantastic room....you are a natural when it comes to interior design. Must admit I have only recently "discovered" spray paint....I went nuts with it outside...painted an old wheelbarrow magenta and filled with potting mix and flowers, painted up a pile of rusty wire hanging baskets and gave an old wrought iron plant-stand a new lease on life. Now for the inside:)

Cattle 2 pines 01-05-2013 06:32 AM

Thanks for the info on the industrial sewing machine.....I know where one is, going to check it out...

Lstew2212 01-05-2013 06:58 AM

My thrift stores don't have much in the way of sewing items, I have been collecting men's ties to make quilt and I have been buying men's flannel shirts to make a quilt for my father. At an auction I bought a library table that my cutting mat fits the top perfectly. I also bought at an auction a box of sewing supplies. It had various items such as buttons, zippers, thread, snaps, etc. I thought that was a great buy because it was like Christmas going through that box. Such fun. I also love yard sales. A woman was selling her fabric stash, mostly scraps, but well worth the find. At another yard sale I bought squares of a quilt with Sun Bonnet Sue on them. I had to cut the Sun Bonnet Sue off the squares as the background fabric was stained, but I have them ready to put on my own back ground fabric. I guess when you think of it I have made some good purchases.

craftiladi 01-06-2013 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by earthwalker (Post 5763116)
Oh Dee....you certainly work magic with your finds. What a fantastic room....you are a natural when it comes to interior design. Must admit I have only recently "discovered" spray paint....I went nuts with it outside...painted an old wheelbarrow magenta and filled with potting mix and flowers, painted up a pile of rusty wire hanging baskets and gave an old wrought iron plant-stand a new lease on life. Now for the inside:)

Yes spray paint is our friend...lol thanks for your nice reply.

virgwid 01-12-2013 04:12 PM

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. I just posted a query for ideas for my new sewing room and right away I see your picture with the repurposed cd/dvd holder. I have one that my son left in my new room, so I was going to claim it but didn't know what to do with it. Problem solved, and more plastic saved from landfill. Thanks! Virg