Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Clean Slate, Finished!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/clean-slate-finished-t265695.html)

GailG 05-28-2015 05:03 AM

I agree with you on several things. Repurposing furniture to service you in the sewing room is awesome. I have a chest of drawers that was purchased unfinished and then finished when we expected our first child (1963). That chest of drawers was later passed on to one of the daughters and then made full circle and is back here in my sewing room. It now holds notions and supplies. My grandmother's armoire holds books, binders and some of my scrapbooking supplies. A kitchen cabinet which held dishes, etc. is now hanging in the sewing room loaded with stash. And that's not to leave out mason jars, cookie jars, etc that hold threads and other things. My room is certainly in "close quarters" like yours, only not as well organized. I, too, love the little Walmart 2 x 4 tables. I keep one to open up at the side of my machine to support my pieces as I quilt them. Congratulations on such an accomplishment. And congrats and good luck to your young quilter!

rilene 05-28-2015 06:53 AM

You've really made good use of your space. Now you and your daughter can enjoy sewing!

AUQuilter 05-28-2015 06:55 AM

Love that blue on the walls! Looks like you have a great space to create.

Ps 150 05-28-2015 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ (Post 7209096)
Looks great! Want to come organize MY sewing room???? But seriously, I've got to be nosy...What's in the manila envelopes with the numbers on them?

Those are all of my sewing patterns. I transfer all of my patterns from tissue paper over to brown kraft pattern to save them longer, but also to utilize all of the sizes in the pattern. Because the brown paper is more bulky, I put the patterns in those large envelopes. I photocopy the front and back of the original pattern and tape the copies onto the front and back of the large envelopes.

Mariposa 05-28-2015 09:56 AM

Congrats on your great progress on your sewing space! What fun!

QuiltNama 05-28-2015 12:29 PM

What a nice sewing area (crafting) that you can share with your DD. It feels cozy and ready for action. Nice job.

coopah 05-28-2015 03:07 PM

Oh the fun you'll have! How good to have a daughter that sews!

DebbieJJ 05-29-2015 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ps 150 (Post 7209651)
Those are all of my sewing patterns. I transfer all of my patterns from tissue paper over to brown kraft pattern to save them longer, but also to utilize all of the sizes in the pattern. Because the brown paper is more bulky, I put the patterns in those large envelopes. I photocopy the front and back of the original pattern and tape the copies onto the front and back of the large envelopes.

Thank you for your reply and for allowing me to be nosy....That's a great idea. I wish I had enough room to do things like that...You have a wonderful room in which to be creative, and it's great that your beautiful DD is in there with you at times.

lindaschipper 05-29-2015 04:52 AM

Glad that your cramped space works for you with all your health issues. Nice to still be able to sew.

Onetomatoplant 05-31-2015 06:35 AM

Love your colors! What a great sewing space!