Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Craft/Sewing Room - The Before Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/craft-sewing-room-before-pictures-t170083.html)

johanka 12-01-2011 02:04 PM

I would love to go to the basement and do that. We have way too much moisture in the basement to do that. In the spring we can get as much as 1 inch water down there on the floor and lots of damp floor when it rains heavy.

Canada Kate 12-01-2011 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady (Post 4732689)
Put it on HGTV--maybe you could get those two good lookin' guys to come and do the work for you, and HGTV would give you a surprise for letting them televise it......

That *would* be too good to be true! We have HGTV Canada, and they do film several shows here that air in Canada and the States, but generally you have to live in the Toronto area to be considered for a show. I've already looked into this! If Scott McGillvrey from Income Property would come to my house I would absolutely swoon...ditto Mike Holmes, but he'll only come if the contractor I hired screws up badly (and then only if I live near Toronto, which I don't).

Yes, I will be posting pictures as the work progresses. In the meantime, being my normal anal self, I'm folding all my fabric using the ruler method to get ready for the day that I'll be able to put it away in my new space. I also bought a bunch of clear plastic containers to store various sizes of strips and scraps. I'm trying to pace myself so I'll have something to do over the Christmas holidays, as I don't want to start a new project until the room is ready. We'll see how long that lasts - I may not make it, through. I'm just finishing a quilt for a friend, and then I ordered two kits online for myself for Xmas. I also have a purple quit to do for my daughter as this is her university's colour. I haven't chosen a pattern for that yet, although I have the fabrics.

I've got some downtime right now as my #1 machine, a Janome 4100 QDC, is in the shop for a tune up. I just bought a Featherweight on eBay and had it tuned up. I brought Verna home from the Sewing Machine Hospital (that's the name of my local store - seriously!) yesterday and dropped off the Janome. I'm planning on using this Janome-in-the-shop time to get used to her.

quilt addict 12-01-2011 03:54 PM

So hard to have to wait until january. I know what I would be dreaming of for the next month. Can hardly wait to see the finished pictures

wraez 12-01-2011 03:59 PM

Wow you have an awesome space for your sewing studio. Can' wait to see your finished project.

wvdek 12-02-2011 09:29 AM

What a great project to look forward to. It will also help the winter doldrums. Plenty of lighting since you have no windows.
Holy cow, dd you see the Snuggle container? Its huge!!! Never have seen one that big.

sewbeadit 12-12-2011 04:16 AM

You will just love having your own space, good for you.

jbj137 12-13-2011 12:06 PM

*W*O*W*
I am sure it will be really nice.
J J

Sophie2 12-13-2011 12:37 PM

You will love your new space! Can't wait to see it done. Hope you will keep us posted with "in progress pictures"!

cozy4quilts 12-13-2011 01:42 PM

Good for you! I am especially proud of you for getting rid of so many boxes first. That will make the whole job easier. You will love your new space, and be more efficient. :-) Regina

CajunQuilter2 12-17-2011 09:20 AM

Just think how wonderful it is gonna be.....be sure to post pictures as it progresses along